Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyPalace.com

Blackburn in for Bamba

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Pantsil RB, Peltier CB

Nahh, promotion chasing teams shouldnt be playing RB's at center back . I thought Mills, Bamba and SSL with tunch as a willing back up was the best defence in the champ. Not happy about it being broken!

Even if many has said that Michael Ball looks fat and that he was useless yesterday (Sven said himslef that he thought Ball did some dumb mistakes first half but was solid second half) Sven has hinted that if Michael Ball progress more and more he could well be on of our best signing. He sure should know more about that than us. Also one good think abot MB is that he's probably not start fighting for not being in the starting 11 or the bench. I'm more worried that Michael Johnsson could have an attitude if being totally left out

get dedryk in

funny how are exiting transfers take place so quickly

I thought that.

When we sell somebody they go out the door with speed and when we buy somebody it seems to take ages and finishes with us making an offer way over the odds.

I would have been happier about this if Sven had publicly told SK to **** off a few times and insisted on an unrealistic fee before reluctantly agreeing to lower the demand slightly to give SB the chance of PL football.

We just needed an attacker or 2. Now we need another CB as Ball and Tunchev are big unknowns for me this season despite past form.

Grrrrr !!!!!

Why not? Tall, quick, good in the air, likes a tackle. Age on his side

Because he's been played at RB since youth level for a reason. Can't say I'm happy about Sol going but I think at worst SSL is an able replacement at this level.

Why not? Tall, quick, good in the air, likes a tackle. Age on his side

Is he? Not built like a centre back in my opinion, would get bullied. Maybe he's taller than I think, and just because he scored a header at weekend doesn't make him great in the air.

Think Pantsil is more likely to play centre back if anyone. We will probably see a loan centre back though :(

The lure of a Premier League relegation battle is greater than that of a Championship promotion fight.

Plus the fact Steve Kean knows the average IQ of a Blackburn supporter is 4, so he can sell Samba, give Bamba the armband and the fans won't bat an eyelid.

Superb!! :thumbup:

If this is a done deal then I am disappointed.

First time in a while that I feel our defence was lookign secure and tidy, one of the four goes.

I know that we were gonna sell a couple of players but not people like Bamba.

I hope we don't live to regret this. Last time Eriksson messed with something that was working (Weale replaced by Ricardo), it went horribly wrong.

Why is everyone righting off SSL ? SSL and Mills is still a quality partnership and im sorry but how many people were slagging bamba off pre season?? loads of people didnt have him in thier teams!!

i would take 3/4 mill personally very good bit of busines,s he is good but can be easily replaced - even by players we already own!

I hope we don't live to regret this. Last time Eriksson messed with something that was working (Weale replaced by Ricardo), it went horribly wrong.

If the player wants to go it's hardly a case of Eriksson messing. Besides Ricardo did little wrong, the moron fans who couldn't see past Weale were the problem, until he f'd up a load more times.

We've just purchased two right backs, two left backs, two centre backs and a keeper. The loss of Bombscare really isn't going to unsettle a back line that doesn't know each other anyway.

You don't know anything about what he's like for team spirit, one interview of him smiling and gally singing ol Sol Bamba and he's suddenly pivotal to the team spirit. Nonsense.

As for who to replace him, I don't know I'm not a manager paid to watch tapes of players with a team of scouts. But I can assure you one thing, there are a lot of CB's out there.

Yes thats my piont. We've changed the defence a lot however most of them have had the majority of a pre season together.

Very cynical. Bamba is a fans fave and i recall interviews where players have said hes a great character to have around. I fail to see how you can just brush it off as nonsense.

The problem is there isnt that many CB's who fit svens criteria of proven championship players. I hope we get a big fee for bamba because we will need a lot of it to buy a worthwhile replacement.

Archived