Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

30% is not that high really as the range given includes under 20's that will do anything they are told not to and the oldies that were under 20 during the flower power and free sex era. Never bothered with it myself as I never even liked smoking. A a spell with Manilin and Tomb Thumb and an occasional cigar at xmas. Never even considered cannabis and never been offered any. I am sure my brother may have when at Uni as he smoked then but he is very anti smoking now.

Don't know if this picture should go in the funny picture thread.Thought it appropriate though for this thread also.

tumblr_m4cqkluSz61ro3fdho1_500.jpg

Edited by Nightguard

It depends on what they mean by a marijuana cigarette, do they mean one with tobacco in it? In which case the tar and Carbon monoxide is from the tobacco, I understand the point about inhaling it and keeping it down much longer than a normal a cigarette, but I don't think there is any tar or CO when using just pure green stuff.

What they seem to be saying is that tobacco is worse for you when smoked in the way some people smoke marijuana, not everyone goes for long deep inhalations, and some only do that because they are sharing their joint with others so it is a way of maximising the hit, not when smoking a whole joint.

I am not saying it is safe, and I have seen people at university go from bright, sharp people to borderline retards through smoking way too much.

It depends on what they mean by a marijuana cigarette, do they mean one with tobacco in it? In which case the tar and Carbon monoxide is from the tobacco, I understand the point about inhaling it and keeping it down much longer than a normal a cigarette, but I don't think there is any tar or CO when using just pure green stuff.

What they seem to be saying is that tobacco is worse for you when smoked in the way some people smoke marijuana, not everyone goes for long deep inhalations, and some only do that because they are sharing their joint with others so it is a way of maximising the hit, not when smoking a whole joint.

I am not saying it is safe, and I have seen people at university go from bright, sharp people to borderline retards through smoking way too much.

Any kind of smoke will leave a tar residue. Whether weed is worse than cigarettes though, I have no idea.

Any kind of smoke will leave a tar residue. Whether weed is worse than cigarettes though, I have no idea.

I suppose, smoke isn't healthy really, regardless of source, but the main reasoning in the article was that people hold it for longer rather than actually focussing on the make-up of cannabis. If you are smoking Resin then I can see there being more shit in that. It just seems odd that in an article comparing tobacco to cannabis, it doesn't actually compare tobacco to cannabis.

If cannabis was legal and regulated, then you could develop low tar cannabis, or cannabis menthol, but the packets would have to feature pictures of people who had lost their keys, or were really hungry but too stoned to get out of the chair as a warning.

Just let people do what they want with their own consciousness if they want to smoke pot and trip out let them smoke pot.

What is the point of claiming to be in a free society if you cant do to your body whatever the hell you want. If you develop health problems due to your lifestyle choice then so be it.

It has been highlighted recently by the case of the 60 stone teenager who tbh none of us knew about until she was winched out of her house and rushed to hospital.

Yet had this been a drug addict who had overdosed on a massive amount of drugs it would have been all over the tabloids.

Shall we ban all unhealthy fatty foods....No because that would inevitably cause an uproar in society in the 'freedom to do what i want brigade' which are probably the same people who believe that Weed should stay illegal.

Free society...... Yeah right 'Free to do as we tell you' more like.

Just let people do what they want with their own consciousness if they want to smoke pot and trip out let them smoke pot.

What is the point of claiming to be in a free society if you cant do to your body whatever the hell you want. If you develop health problems due to your lifestyle choice then so be it.

Yeah, fvck it, it's not like as a society we have to pay to treat people who have abused their bodies.

It has been highlighted recently by the case of the 60 stone teenager who tbh none of us knew about until she was winched out of her house and rushed to hospital.

Yet had this been a drug addict who had overdosed on a massive amount of drugs it would have been all over the tabloids.

Shall we ban all unhealthy fatty foods....No because that would inevitably cause an uproar in society in the 'freedom to do what i want brigade' which are probably the same people who believe that Weed should stay illegal.

Free society...... Yeah right 'Free to do as we tell you' more like.

It is not a free society, we pay a lot for it, everyday, with every purchase we make and every penny we earn, so I think we have a right to try and educate and stop people from abusing themselves at a cost to us. This is not really in relation to weed, but as you said people who allow themselves, or are allowed to get to 60 stone, we should do more to prevent that, by education and by regulation. I fully support people being free to choose to responsibly partake in recreational drugs, enjoy a glass of wine, or have the odd cake, but I disagree with your attitude that if they get sick, then fvck it, their bodies, their choice, but our money spent trying to cure them.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel
  • Like 1

I suppose, smoke isn't healthy really, regardless of source, but the main reasoning in the article was that people hold it for longer rather than actually focussing on the make-up of cannabis. If you are smoking Resin then I can see there being more shit in that. It just seems odd that in an article comparing tobacco to cannabis, it doesn't actually compare tobacco to cannabis.

If cannabis was legal and regulated, then you could develop low tar cannabis, or cannabis menthol, but the packets would have to feature pictures of people who had lost their keys, or were really hungry but too stoned to get out of the chair as a warning.

Or a picture of someone looking really disappointed when they pick up their cup of tea and remember it's empty!

I think smoking it though a vapourisor dramatically reduces the amount of tar, as THC has a lower boiling point than the carbons that make up the tar. Or something along those lines.

I get what you were saying though. Also people don't use filters with joints like they would with a cigarette, so logic would dictate you would inhale more crap if you put tobacco in your joints. Some people I know put so much tobacco in joint it's unreal, literally several rollies worth. Eurgh, tastes like crap n'all.

I thought the lack of filter contributed a substantial amount to the increased risk of lung cancer etc?

I think the main problem with cannabis is the ever increasing potency which is no doubt leading to increased mental problems. Don't really care if it's legalised or not. The way it is now is a pretty good balance the official illegal stance and the unnofficial 'we don't care as long as you don't cause us any problems' stance on the streets. But if I had a kid of potential smoking age I think I would rather see some controls implemented so he doesn't end up smoking some wild shit and going mental. It can be like drinking a pint of absynthe when all you wanted was a beer. No need to fully legalise and commit political suicide, but surely you can control it, make it safer.

I thought the lack of filter contributed a substantial amount to the increased risk of lung cancer etc?

But again, is this because of the tobacco or cannabis, you smoke tobacco without a filter and hold it down longer it is going to be worse for you than smoking tobacco normally, so is it the cannabis that is bad, or the tobacco, which you are smoking in that way because you are smoking a joint? Simple solution: hash cakes.

Filter or not, smoke doesn't belong in your lungs regardless of the substance being burnt and there will always be health risks for inhaling it.

But these studies and statistics are generated by people with a vested interest in one side of the debate or another. You can manufacture any survey to say that people think X or Y to be true, the truth however is that smokers aren't retarded and are well aware huffing on a spliff may not be ideal for their respiratory system.

• Like 1

Filter or not, smoke doesn't belong in your lungs regardless of the substance being burnt and there will always be health risks for inhaling it.

But these studies and statistics are generated by people with a vested interest in one side of the debate or another. You can manufacture any survey to say that people think X or Y to be true, the truth however is that smokers aren't retarded and are well aware huffing on a spliff may not be ideal for their respiratory system.

stop repeating yourself :)

[media=]

[/media]

That's as intelligent as my contribution gets for now.

• Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."
  • Genesis 1:29 "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb-bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."
  • Genesis 3:18 "... thou shalt eat the herb of the field."

They were all at it. The bible is probably a tale somebody made up while stoned, All sat giggling eating bread and wine thinking STONER BASHING TIME.... well there was nothing else to do. ;)

Edited by Leicfox

They were all at it. The bible is probably a tale somebody made up while stoned, All sat giggling eating bread and wine thinking STONER BASHING TIME.... well there was nothing else to do. ;)

That'd explain why the fvck there's a talking snake and no dinosaurs.

Edited by LargeAl
  • Like 1

BBC

Health risks of cannabis 'underestimated', experts warn

Experts are warning that the public dangerously underestimates the health risks linked to smoking cannabis.

The British Lung Foundation carried out a survey of 1,000 adults and found a third wrongly believed cannabis did not harm health.

And 88% incorrectly thought tobacco cigarettes were more harmful than cannabis ones - when the risk of lung cancer is actually 20 times higher.

The BLF said the lack of awareness was "alarming".

Widely used

Latest figures show that 30% of 16-59 year-olds in England and Wales have used cannabis in their lifetimes.

A new report from the BLF says there are established scientific links between smoking cannabis and tuberculosis, acute bronchitis and lung cancer.

Cannabis has also been shown to increase chances of developing mental health problems such as schizophrenia.

Part of the reason for this, say the experts, is that people smoking cannabis take deeper puffs and hold them for longer than when smoking tobacco cigarettes.

This means that someone smoking a cannabis cigarette inhales four times as much tar as from a tobacco cigarette, and five times as much carbon monoxide, the BLF says.

Its survey found that young people are particularly unaware of the risks.

Almost 40% of the under-35s surveyed - the age group most likely to have smoked it - thought cannabis was not harmful.

However, each cannabis cigarette they smoke increases their chances of developing lung cancer by as much as an entire packet of 20 tobacco cigarettes, the BLF warned.

Its chief executive, Dame Helena Shovelton, said: "It is alarming that, while new research continues to reveal the multiple health consequences of smoking cannabis, there is still a dangerous lack of public awareness of quite how harmful this drug can be.

"This is not a niche problem - cannabis is one of the most widely-used recreational drugs in the UK, with almost a third of the population having tried it.

"We therefore need a serious public health campaign - of the kind that has helped raise awareness of the dangers of eating fatty foods or smoking tobacco - to finally dispel the myth that smoking cannabis is somehow a safe pastime."

The BLF's report says there should be a public education programme to raise awareness of the impact of smoking cannabis and increased investment in research into the health consequences of its use.

Mainstream Media Peddles Tired Cannabis Cancer Myth

I think its the actual smoking that does the damage of the lungs rather than the cannabis so vape away..

as far as the schizo thing, I can maybe see how smoking too much weed can make you schizo as I've seen someone go mad when they've had too much of it but returned to normal so maybe their is a legitimate link but its like alcohol i guess, just don't always blow your mind on the harder stuff