Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

The argument is - alcohol is a lot worse for you than weed, it's legal so why shouldn't weed be?

Now then - Legalised Weed - cheaper (don't have to rely on black market), ergo need less money to fuel any addiction - it stands to reason then that there would be less of these addiction thefts.

If it's legal then more people would be aware as to it's effects - think about it, which did you know about more in terms of effects - alcohol/nicotine or weed/crack?

I hate this idea that making it more easily available would send society to pot - Alcohol is readily available but we aren't all ****ing alcoholics are we?

I don't smoke weed, I have no interest in doing so, but why should people not have the legal choice as to whether to do so or not?

To quote Bill Hicks - "What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see or take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?"

answered itself really... drugs have a knock on effect. there are not done solely behind closed doors and DO involve others.

Completely missed the point there - so long as I do not harm another human being on this planet, it's my business and my business only as to what I do.

On that side note - not really. It may technically be illegal but, unless you've got some incredibly powerful shit and smoke a couple of kilos of it in one go, you'll not be in an unfit state to drive for a month.

why should i get done for spitting in the street ?? i can spit in my garden house all day long (i dont actually do this but an example)

why cant i walk round the streets naked?? i can do so as much as i like in my own home... [

That's just a retardee argument though and I've already explained why (which you ignored.)

It's illegal to be blind drunk and a nuisance in public so you have to imagine the same would be true of any legalized narcotic. If weed was legal it wouldn't suddenly be legal to lay around in the street, monged off your tits giggling at traffic lights.

• Like 3

Completely missed the point there - so long as I do not harm another human being on this planet, it's my business and my business only as to what I do.

On that side note - not really. It may technically be illegal but, unless you've got some incredibly powerful shit and smoke a couple of kilos of it in one go, you'll not be in an unfit state to drive for a month.

Regardless of what you do or don't do, it's still illegal so that nullifies any reasoning to the use of it.

On the side note - I didn't mean you'll be unfit to drive as in monged off your face - just that it stays in the system a hell of a lot longer than alcohol and if it's found in the system then your up a creek without a paddle.

Has anyone else recently changed their minds about whether or not cannabis should be legalised? (Either through discussions on here or elsewhere)

I think a few years ago I would have been against it, but now I think the argument for legalisation is a very strong one and would say I’ve been swayed towards it.

Has anyone else recently changed their minds about whether or not cannabis should be legalised? (Either through discussions on here or elsewhere)

I think a few years ago I would have been against it, but now I think the argument for legalisation is a very strong one and would say I’ve been swayed towards it.

Before I tried it I was against it lol

It's a plant that god obliviously made for us to use.

Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."

Genesis 1:29 "And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb-bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

Genesis 3:18 "... thou shalt eat the herb of the field."

Psalms 104:14 "He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man."

Proverbs 15:17 "Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith."[33]

Revelation 22:2 " the river of life proceeded to flow from the throne of God, and on either side of the bank there was the tree of life, and the leaf from that tree is for the healing of the nations."

:blink:

ive actually gone the opposite..

i would have origianlly said legalise it but now i feel it shouldnt be..

going to prison for drugs, having kids, getting older.. all factors that have had a part in me changing my mind..

going to prison for drugs, having kids, getting older.. all factors that have had a part in me changing my mind..

I don’t know about your personal circumstances and not going to ask, but could it be that you went to prison precisely because the drug was illegal, forcing you into the murky world of dealers etc?

I’m just putting forward the idea to you that maybe if cannabis was legal back then it would have been just a transitional phase in your life . just as many teenagers grow out of getting pissed every weekend.

That's what swings it for me. I have a lot of libertarian sympathies, at one time I'd have said if a bunch of junkies want to poison themselves then the world will probably be a better place without them. Now I'm a parent I can empathise with the parents of drug addicts and I worry about my kids getting involved as well.

I don’t know about your personal circumstances and not going to ask, but could it be that you went to prison precisely because the drug was illegal, forcing you into the murky world of dealers etc?

I’m just putting forward the idea to you that maybe if cannabis was legal back then it would have been just a transitional phase in your life . just as many teenagers grow out of getting pissed every weekend.

not really because i moved on to other drugs.. which then i then foolishly got in trouble for. so to make it easier for people to get access to adds to the problem i feel..

not really because i moved on to other drugs.. which then i then foolishly got in trouble for. so to make it easier for people to get access to adds to the problem i feel..

yes i can see where you're coming from . It's a tough one to call for me as i've not really been involved it the scene at all , so don't really know about the pressures etc

Well done anyway for sorting your life out afterwards though :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm a Cannabis smoker and have been for 8 years now. Never have I been Violent, Stolen to "feed" my Cannabis, Had a traffic incident whilst driving under the influence or have any points on my Licence. I choose to smoke a nice joint after coming home from a long hard day at work.

I don't drink alcohol as from my experiences it turns even the nicest people into horrible monsters when they have had one to many and cannot control themselves, I have yet to have the same experiences with anyone who only smokes Cannabis.

People who mix Cannabis/Drink/Other Drugs at the same time have the potential to become vile people, .

Smoking Cigarettes, Alcohol, Shoes, Football, Sex, Coffee, DVD's, Video Games ect ect ect are all addictive in there own right. As long as these addictions don't affect you personally I don't think you can judge or criticise anyone. Each and everyone of us has different vices in life and nobody is whiter than white.

If the person has self-control and take responsibly there is no problem.

• Like 2

I'm a Cannabis smoker and have been for 8 years now. Never have I been Violent, Stolen to "feed" my Cannabis, Had a traffic incident whilst driving under the influence or have any points on my Licence. I choose to smoke a nice joint after coming home from a long hard day at work.

I don't drink alcohol as from my experiences it turns even the nicest people into horrible monsters when they have had one to many and cannot control themselves, I have yet to have the same experiences with anyone who only smokes Cannabis.

People who mix Cannabis/Drink/Other Drugs at the same time have the potential to become vile people, .

Smoking Cigarettes, Alcohol, Shoes, Football, Sex, Coffee, DVD's, Video Games ect ect ect are all addictive in there own right. As long as these addictions don't affect you personally I don't think you can judge or criticise anyone. Each and everyone of us has different vices in life and nobody is whiter than white.

If the person has self-control and take responsibly there is no problem.

Well put. I agree.

The only thing I would add is that in order to obtain cannabis, I have to make contact with and give money to criminal enterprises.

Wouldn't it be better if that money was taxed and funding the country, rather than potentially funding crimes?

All prohibition fails and all prohibition creates a criminal black market...

Well put. I agree.

The only thing I would add is that in order to obtain cannabis, I have to make contact with and give money to criminal enterprises.

Wouldn't it be better if that money was taxed and funding the country, rather than potentially funding crimes?

All prohibition fails and all prohibition creates a criminal black market...

People still find it hard to differenciate between Drugs and 'Drug Abuse' I had a Spliff about 6 months ago and have had no urge to have another one since so i am not a Drug abuser.

Even if people have a splff every week i wouldnt class them as a drug abuser. However someone who breaks the law to feed their habit are drug abusers