Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

Spent a lot of time in Holland in my teens where I met a lot of people who smoked on daily basis. You could hardly have a conversation with some of them, as they appeared to be in the early stages of psychosis. Others were well on the way to being brain dead.

God knows what state they're in now. It certainly put me off the stuff.

This

Dunno. The stats were for adult users. If anything I would have thought younger people would be the one's to use it less if it were legalised. Without the rebellious excitement of doing something illegal I doubt many kids would be interested in what is a pretty dull drug.

But it would still be illegal for kids to buy it, there would be an age restriction of at least 18, like tobacco and alcohol, which would just be like dangling the forbidden fruit in front of them every time they went past a "coffee" shop.

The level of posts means the quantity of posts. Simple. Ganging up on me like violent school bullies doesn't make you right.

Sorry Moosey but you are wrong on this one:

lev·el/ˈlevÉ™l/

Noun:

A position on a real or imaginary scale of amount, quantity, extent, or quality.

Adjective:

Having a flat and even surface.

Verb:

Give a flat and even surface to.

Synonyms:

noun. plane - standard - grade - degree

adjective. even - flat - plane - equal - smooth - plain - horizontal

verb. even - flatten - equalize

But even if you were right from a linguistic stand point, you would be on to a loser, because Daggers could easily claim he meant the quantity of posts i.e. too many/not enough.

Don't look for so many arguments, you will find it a much more rewarding experience, and you are less likely to be accused of being a troll.

Edited by Captain Shrapnel

The level of posts means the quantity of posts. Simple. Ganging up on me like violent school bullies doesn't make you right.

lol "Ganging up on you like violent school bullies". Seriously? You really need to grow a pair!

I made the point I did because you were wrong. Simple.

• a position on a scale of amount, quantity, extent, or quality
  • a high level of unemployment
  • debt rose to unprecedented levels
  • an intellectual, social, or moral standard:at six he could play chess at an advanced level[mass noun]:women do better at degree level
  • <a name="level__6" style="outline: none; color: rgb(26, 99, 171); ">
    a position in a hierarchy:a junior level of management

Edited by anotherofwalshieswomen

Level can mean quantity it also can mean uniform, equable or unvarying.

It can be used in various contexts as well, eg "I could level you with one punch" which, should it happen would be far more like an example of violent bullying which you so poorly describe in the above post.

:wave:

If you use level for anything other than amount or quantity it needs to be explained just as it is in the dictionary examples. Saying "the level of posts" is assumed to mean the quantity of posts. If you're talking about quality you would need to say "the level of quality in posts" or "the quality level of posts".

Edited by MooseBreath

In Spain it is also not really illegal to grow your own, for personal use you know, when I first moved out there we opened up the window and could see this huge plant growing in the sunlight on our neighbour's balcony.

If they did legalise it and tax it, it would help, but people would still be able to grow their own and in Valencian conditions it is perfect for a bit of horticulture, so I think it may be a bit misleading that stat, based on consumption rather than sales.

Not for consumption as in to get high, i don't think that's where the money is it's a cheaper source of things like oils, mulch for paper, clothing and medical.

If you use level for anything other than amount or quantity it needs to be explained just as it is in the dictionary examples. Saying "the level of posts" is assumed to mean the quantity of posts. If you're talking about quality you would need to say "the level of quality in posts" or "the quality level of posts".

:banghead: No, you don't. *sigh*

The level of full stops in this thread is disturbing.

You are right to say there is a degree of ambiguity in Daggers' post, as in that one, are you talking about the quantity, quality or evenness of full stops?

But it is not an error of grammatical accuracy rather one of ambiguous language leading to an unclear post.