Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

Some interesting articles for anyone that thinks all drugs should be illegal. Portugal reformed their drug laws 10 years ago and seem to be having some success.Making drugs legal doesn't mean it has to be sold in shops or whatever, it just means the people who choose to do it dont have to go to prison for it.

http://www.thefix.com/content/decrim-nation-portugal-ten-years-later

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=portugal-drug-decriminalization

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html

is this the same Holland that taking massive steps to change it's policy including making it illegal for tourists to buy from next year, classing the stronger stuff as hard drugs and making coffee shops members only establisments?

Fair enough, the problem they have is they get groups of people actually going there to do it, which isnt exactly what a country wants its tourist industry to be about....

If we were to legalise it I hope we would take the same route as them with it being prescribed to people rather than an open shop for anyone.

theres some absolute tosh in here from a few people.

Another thing to think about is the persons mindset, you can still smoke weed for 5 years and have a job or whatever if that person is willing and not weak minded, same with Acholcol accept if you drank every day for 5 years you would clearly be tottaly more fvcked than a person smoking weed everyday for 5 years.

I don't agree with the stuff tbh can cause a lot of problems if used over a long period and is not really worth it in the long run, but if the person knows how to control himself then it wont do as much harm as alchol would.

Anyone that thinks weed is more dangerous than Alcohol is clearly STUPID and have surely lost there common sense over the years.

Amount of people died due to weed 0

Amount of people died due to drink.. Millions.

The fact is right there simple as that, and the argument on weed being an opening for other drugs is again wrong unless you are weak minded. at the end of the day thats what it boils down to are you WEAK minded if not you will be fine.

one more thing go into town on a friday or saturday and look at the state of most people by 1am, fighting, acting like a group of 5yr olds, spending shed loads of money. ( i did do the same ) and some people still think weed is worse than drink and to note another thing people will drink right up till there deathbed. dirty habit same goes for weed but def not as worse.

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1

Another thing to think about is the persons mindset, you can still smoke weed for 5 years and have a job or whatever if that person is willing and not weak minded, same with Acholcol accept if you drank every day for 5 years you would clearly be tottaly more fvcked than a person smoking weed everyday for 5 years.

I don't agree with the stuff tbh can cause a lot of problems if used over a long period and is not really worth it in the long run, but if the person knows how to control himself then it wont do as much harm as alchol would.

Anyone that thinks weed is more dangerous than Alcohol is clearly STUPID and have surely lost there common sense over the years.

The fact is right there simple as that, and the argument on weed being an opening for other drugs is again wrong unless you are weak minded. at the end of the day thats what it boils down to are you WEAK minded if not you will be fine.

one more thing go into town on a friday or saturday and look at the state of most people by 1am, fighting, acting like a group of 5yr olds, spending shed loads of money. ( i did do the same ) and some people still think weed is worse than drink and to note another thing people will drink right up till there deathbed. dirty habit same goes for weed but def not as worse.

Exactly mate, great post.

you could argue they are weak minded for trying an ilegal drug in the first place.. :whistle:

It's not always do do if you are weak-minded. Some people are draw into drugs because of their upbring, background and social standing. If a young person is struggling to find a job, ostricised by their parents and are befriended by dodgy types they will more likely to move onto the more dangerous stuff.

On the other hand if a young person comes from a background with good parent, has a reasonable job and money to spare they may take up the weed because it seems the 'cool' thing to do. They do not feel the pressure of unemployment or a hopeless future so they are not drawn to stronger drugs.

There was a thread about how alcohol could not change the person that you are. Maybe drugs act in the same way.

I don't understand the argument that just because alcohol is legal and people can behave like arseholes on it that cannabis should be as well?

Cannabis legality should be judged on its own merit and not compared with anything else.

I don't understand the argument that just because alcohol is legal and people can behave like arseholes on it that cannabis should be as well?

Cannabis legality should be judged on its own merit and not compared with anything else.

I know what you mean , but I think the argument should be centred on whether the government has the “right” to prevent anyone to take a substance just because it makes them act like an assehole.

It’s legal to take alcohol and it tends to be detrimental to health and behaviour, so therefore it could equally be argued that someone should be allowed to take another substance that has a similar effect. Or vice versa make them both illegal . .

Much depends on whether you want a government/society that gives you the information but allows you to make your own decisions, good and bad, or one that decides what is good for you and dictates your behaviour.

I don’t want people to behave like assholes but I want them to have the right to if they so choose.

i want a goverment , not a nanny .

Edited by Zingari

Exactly my thoughts, kind of given up though...

Very strange that it's the main point of argument for some....

Thinking about it had "alcohol" been invented these days as a tablet you slip in your drink I've got no doubt it would be a banned substance.

Edited by MattP

Like any opiate or stimulant you can use it responsibly or you can abuse it, Alcohols only really comparable in that respect. The problem we have over here is that should it be legalised, it would need an official source and we don't have anything like that in place. In the Netherlands they had illegal cafes since the 50's and 60's so when it became decriminalised the sources were already there and established, it just made it all above board. Over here right now we've got no one that can be pinned down and taxed should it become legal, so its not in the Governments interest to allow it to become decriminalised.

Edited by 21st Century Fox

• 1 month later...

I LITERALLY just came on here to post that. BEARDY B HAS SPOKEN

Haha, I LITERALLY just went on Facebook and seeing your link reminded me that I was going to post this yesterday after the Australian dude who used to post on here posted it.

I LITERALLY just came on here to post that. BEARDY B HAS SPOKEN

Haha, I LITERALLY just went on Facebook and seeing your link reminded me that I was going to post this yesterday after the Australian dude who used to post on here posted it.

And I read/liked it today because I filed it away after seeing Justin post it yesterday. The circle is complete.