Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

Because they like the effects? I don't understand why people feel the need to be critical, to be honest.

I'm perpetually baffled by some people's attitudes towards drugs; I especially hate comments like "why do they need X to have a good time?" from people who've never bothered (and have no interest in) trying.

I completely understand that some drugs are dangerously addictive and I've never been stupid enough in my life to mess around with the like of heroin and nor could I ever be tempted, regardless of how amazing it may or may not feel. I'm not saying that everyone should go out and take drugs and my comment about legalizing everything was (whilst partially dipping in to my personal views) mostly tongue-in-cheek.

But I really hope the future of drugs and drug enforcement is more about education and breaking down views of drugs, both naive ones from users but also some of the close-minded fear that we preach as well.

At the end of the day, if someone enjoys - for example - the effects of LSD and wants to partake in the comfort and the privacy of their own home, then what harm to society is making it legal for them to do so?

Awwww... Finners backing the use of drugs to show pretend that he's cool and not an internet nerd after all...

Edited by Father Ted

As someone who actually has access to NHS statistical information on a daily basis, I will concur that your stories are highly unlikely, or when someone used the words stoned out of their mind, they didn't give you an accurate depiction of the assailants actual bloods. It is much more likely the person was an aggressive individuals, for which there are many in deprived areas, and/or drunk with also having indulged in smoking and/ or or illicit drugs.

As someone who actually knows the hard facts. I won't be aggressive in my response, but your picture of the nation on this particular topic is highly inaccurate.

Are you saying you the NHS stores data which correlates a person's cannabis levels to their violence level?

Now I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but I'm fairly sure that information is only available in clinical studies and not freely on the NHS database

• Like 1

With the exception of guns, I agree.

With a few rare exceptions I'm generally for the legalization of most substances, with correct education.

You're such a thick fcuk.

So you agree that heroin should be legalised with education? Wow, how are you going to educate them? Firstly, they are most probably thieving thick cnuts that do it in the first place who never listened and hence got nowhere so why would they listen to someone about taking drugs?

You make me sick.

All drugs should be treated as a social problem not a criminal problem. Why waste police time on raids and investigations when they can be out there doing far more important things. I'm not pro weed, despite the fact ive smoked it quite regulary for 6 years, and if theres one thing I regret was smoking it for the first time. However, I do believe that people shouldn't be prosecuted or imprisoned for wanting to smoke it. It has far more benefits than other drugs, and it is the ULTIMATE hangover cure.

Are you saying you the NHS stores data which correlates a person's cannabis levels to their violence level?

Now I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but I'm fairly sure that information is only available in clinical studies and not freely on the NHS database

Just one of many readily available reports on violence and cannabis use.

http://www.stolenchildhood.net/entry/cannabis-use-causing-rise-in-violence-among-children-and-teens-in-uk/

• Like 1

No the NHS stores data on admissions to the A&E department. It also stores data on individuals who cause violence in emergency rooms. It also stores data on readmissions to an emergency room.

ALL conclusive evidence proves that violence and alcohol are inextricably linked, and admissions to A&E are not full of stoner caners, who accidentally cut their fingers on opening a packet of Rizlas, and because they weren;t getting the attention they so needed, so lost their rags in the emergency department, and attacked staff and/or patients.

Like I said, it could be argued that these individuals who DT is referring to may have smoked cannabis before they entered the facility, were more likely to have ingested/consumed a drug that actually doesn't inhibit inappropriate behaviour thus 'stoned out of their mind' or some other variant does not immediately mean they smoke some doobies and went to A&E for a fight.

Awwww... Finners backing the use of drugs to show pretend that he's cool and not an internet nerd after all...

You're going to be so disappointed when you get to uni (who am I kidding? I'm giving you far too much credit lol ) and realise that basically EVERYONE there is a 'nerd.'

You're going to be so disappointed when you get to uni (who am I kidding? I'm giving you far too much credit lol ) and realise that basically EVERYONE there is a 'nerd.'

Funnily enough, I'm applying to do Physics at Uni next year lol You don't have to be a nerd to be clever...

No the NHS stores data on admissions to the A&E department. It also stores data on individuals who cause violence in emergency rooms. It also stores data on readmissions to an emergency room.

ALL conclusive evidence proves that violence and alcohol are inextricably linked, and admissions to A&E are not full of stoner caners, who accidentally cut their fingers on opening a packet of Rizlas, and because they weren;t getting the attention they so needed, so lost their rags in the emergency department, and attacked staff and/or patients.

Like I said, it could be argued that these individuals who DT is referring to may have smoked cannabis before they entered the facility, were more likely to have ingested/consumed a drug that actually doesn't inhibit inappropriate behaviour thus 'stoned out of their mind' or some other variant does not immediately mean they smoke some doobies and went to A&E for a fight.

I don't know the facts but would they readily admit they'd been on drugs and drink is pretty much detectable without any testing. I'm not convinced the information you gather from violent people is going to be that accurate.

Just one of many readily available reports on violence and cannabis use.

http://www.stolenchildhood.net/entry/cannabis-use-causing-rise-in-violence-among-children-and-teens-in-uk/

I was really looking forward to some superb scientific and factual piece of writing using up to date data, quotes from medical experts etc. Oh that was until I looked at the bottom of that piece that was sourced directly from the Daily Mail, with no discernable facts or actual figures within it.

You're such a thick fcuk.

So you agree that heroin should be legalised with education? Wow, how are you going to educate them? Firstly, they are most probably thieving thick cnuts that do it in the first place who never listened and hence got nowhere so why would they listen to someone about taking drugs?

You make me sick.

WHOOSH2.gif

Funnily enough, I'm applying to do Physics at Uni next year lol You don't have to be a nerd to be clever...

Nor do you have to be clever to apply to do physics at uni next year, apparently. :whistle:

• Like 1

If someone's violent and needs to be restrained, do they take their bloods to see what they've taken/consumed?

This isn't me trying to set up a question or comeback, this is general curiousity :thumbup:

So you agree that heroin should be legalised with education?

Care to point out where he said that?

Wow, how are you going to educate them?

Err, in schools as part of PSE?

Firstly, they are most probably thieving thick cnuts that do it in the first place who never listened and hence got nowhere so why would they listen to someone about taking drugs?

Christ, it's hard to argue this without coming across as a condescending **** - people who are drug addicts are so because they have an addictive personality, whether they paid attention in school has minimal bearing on that. Perhaps you should open your eyes rather than just adhering to stereotypes.

Legalize everything, cut out the criminality, educate properly and let people decide if they want to be fvcked up or not.

This. Plus Governments should prove they care about health by improving air quality and give enough money for people to heat themselves properly. <_<

• Like 1

I don't know the facts but would they readily admit they'd been on drugs and drink is pretty much detectable without any testing. I'm not convinced the information you gather from violent people is going to be that accurate.

Not being an actual medical doctor myself, but going off the statistics provided by experts, my conclusion is that they are more likely to know what they are dealing with, be it drunken abuse, or some sort of methamphetamine fist fight. There are some clear indications of symptoms, and when arrested have further symptoms as they spend their time in a cell. The police do provide some statistics feeding into this, minor but some nevertheless.

I'm also aware of the statistics about the use of cannabis, gateway drugs, and mental health, and the admissions into said facilities. The stats are not great reading for Daily Mail readers, that's all I'll say.

At least I'll never rot working for the Leicester Shitty Council.

Haha, I'll be overlording half the city by the time you graduate, kiddo. :thumbup:

(By the way, I see what you did there - City, Shitty, that's a good one. Make sure there's wit like that on your application and you're Cambridge bound, squire.)

do you really think EVERY single thing gets reported..

Not being an actual medical doctor myself, but going off the statistics provided by experts, my conclusion is that they are more likely to know what they are dealing with, be it drunken abuse, or some sort of methamphetamine fist fight. There are some clear indications of symptoms, and when arrested have further symptoms as they spend their time in a cell. The police do provide some statistics feeding into this, minor but some nevertheless.

I'm also aware of the statistics about the use of cannabis, gateway drugs, and mental health, and the admissions into said facilities. The stats are not great reading for Daily Mail readers, that's all I'll say.

Sounds a bit airy fairy.

• Like 1

Care to point out where he said that?

lets legalize everything then.. guns, heroin, cocaine.. and just hope people use them responsibly..

With the exception of guns, I agree.

Err, in schools as part of PSE?

Education will make no difference to some people... or else nobody would ever take drugs...

Christ, it's hard to argue this without coming across as a condescending **** - people who are drug addicts are so because they have an addictive personality, whether they paid attention in school has minimal bearing on that. Perhaps you should open your eyes rather than just adhering to stereotypes.

There is a fairly strong link between wasters and drug addicts - which often leads to a life of crime. Its a vicious circle. Maybe you should open your eyes? An addictive personality? No, I just call them weak-minded and ill-disciplined.

do you really think EVERY single thing gets reported..

It's the duty of the NHS to provide statistics on their Emergency department. If you think a minority of incidents, and a VERY small minority indeed that slips through the net of data is the truth, ie what gets posted in the Daily Mail, then you are more than welcome to ignore the facts, and rely on false and misleading reports and fantasy.

Sounds a bit airy fairy.

Airy-fairy in what regard?