Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

Other than Frys Turkish Delight, Ripple is was my fav chocy bar. Thanks for ruining my Christmas.. :angry:

lol By a big coincidence they are my two favourites aswell.

*I wouldn't really do such a thing, was just thinking of a chocolate comparison with the weightlifter guys who do that with steroids. Incase, on the off chance, anyone was wondering!

there hardlly going to go out and rob and steal to go and buy a big mac(again im not saying all drug users are thiefs) .. or get behind the wheel of a car high on chicken nuggets and crash into someone else.. .

Obese people are more likely to have heart attacks than non-obese people so yes they can crash after having a heart attack.

heres a question for you, with all teh research you have seen then do you believe it should be legalised ????

The simple fact is that cannabis is a gateway drug. There are numerous reports that verify this as a common belief amongst leading medical professionals.

However, it is also noted the majority of adolescents that do take cannabis and go on to take other drugs recreationally do not lead onto long-term dependancy. Generally it's a phase. Though some of these individuals continue to use cannabis in later life recreationally it is a small number.

Now the argument that heavy cannabis use leads on to mental health issues is true. However it is very small minority, with a either a history of family mental health issues, or other issues that occur generally as a child (abuse etc) that lead on to a mental breakdown with the use of the drug. Basically if you are a depressive, using a depressive substance will only exasperate the issue. But this is a very small minority. It seems larger than it is, as the media chooses to blow it out of proportion as it makes good headlines. It's no closer to the truth, than Prince Phillip trying to assassinate Princess Di.

Now getting on to the the legalisation of cannabis, might as shown in the Netherlands take away the 'naughty' factor but every generation finds it's new highs, from ecstasy to Meow-meow, to MDMA. There are always youth willing to take risks, as they have always done every generation going back in time. So legalisation is a tough decision, but as someone who has read enough reports, I still need to read more, and would welcome studies from the Netherlands to see what there determination has been.

I'm still open to hearing more information and will base my opinion on that.

I've spent plenty of time around drug addicts. And addicts of all types of mediums. Consumers of whatever satisfies the id and ego. But I wouldn't base my opinion on some of them, and try to understand the context that drives people to either want to escape from their difficult realities, but anyone who spends time down the local high street can see plenty of people forgetting their realities and try to stove each others faces in.

Alcohol has a lot to answer for, for the ails of this country and my own. Not just the violence, the sexual diseases, and the general social vacuousness. That's from someone who used to spend every weekend locked. I understand why people do it. But I won't condemn them for it either. Every one needs a release valve.

laugh.gif

Pray tell, how do you get high on chicken nuggets?

Oh, and again - How many stoners get behind the wheel after a few spliffs? A lot less comparative to the total number of stoners than with alcohol I'd wager.

you missed the point.. mcd is not going to cause the problems drugs can..

does it matter if its less than alcohol?? imagine theres less people taking it for a start, which helps when its not legalised as its not as ready available)

you missed the point.. mcd is not going to cause the problems drugs can..

does it matter if its less than alcohol?? imagine theres less people taking it for a start, which helps when its not legalised as its not as ready available)

No - it causes obesity and can lead to serious health problems - namely in the heart and liver - because of the amount of shit it contains - definitely not a health risk like a joint ey?

The simple fact is that cannabis is a gateway drug. There are numerous reports that verify this as a common belief amongst leading medical professionals.

However, it is also noted the majority of adolescents that do take cannabis and go on to take other drugs recreationally do not lead onto long-term dependancy. Generally it's a phase. Though some of these individuals continue to use cannabis in later life recreationally it is a small number.

Now the argument that heavy cannabis use leads on to mental health issues is true. However it is very small minority, with a either a history of family mental health issues, or other issues that occur generally as a child (abuse etc) that lead on to a mental breakdown with the use of the drug. Basically if you are a depressive, using a depressive substance will only exasperate the issue. But this is a very small minority. It seems larger than it is, as the media chooses to blow it out of proportion as it makes good headlines. It's no closer to the truth, than Prince Phillip trying to assassinate Princess Di.

Now getting on to the the legalisation of cannabis, might as shown in the Netherlands take away the 'naughty' factor but every generation finds it's new highs, from ecstasy to Meow-meow, to MDMA. There are always youth willing to take risks, as they have always done every generation going back in time. So legalisation is a tough decision, but as someone who has read enough reports, I still need to read more, and would welcome studies from the Netherlands to see what there determination has been.

I'm still open to hearing more information and will base my opinion on that.

I've spent plenty of time around drug addicts. And addicts of all types of mediums. Consumers of whatever satisfies the id and ego. But I wouldn't base my opinion on some of them, and try to understand the context that drives people to either want to escape from their difficult realities, but anyone who spends time down the local high street can see plenty of people forgetting their realities and try to stove each others faces in.

Alcohol has a lot to answer for, for the ails of this country and my own. Not just the violence, the sexual diseases, and the general social vacuousness. That's from someone who used to spend every weekend locked. I understand why people do it. But I won't condemn them for it either. Every one needs a release valve.

haha a simple yes or no would have done..

but if you think about it, you are privvy to all this research yet still cant sway either way.. so for me i would be inclined to keep it as it is untill someone/thing can prove other wise its better to change it..

"If in doubt there is no doubt" as a friend often says to me..

haha a simple yes or no would have done..

but if you think about it, you are privvy to all this research yet still cant sway either way.. so for me i would be inclined to keep it as it is untill someone/thing can prove other wise its better to change it..

"If in doubt there is no doubt" as a friend often says to me..

I just say read the reports and make your own mind up, and not read papers with agendas. Keeping an open mind in relation to the legalisation is what I'm doing. I want to read more and gain a better understanding so I can make a balanced judgement. Therefore when i read that cannabis is more destructive than alcohol, or take aways such as McDonalds I genuinely laugh out loud. I wish everyone could read the reports that I read. Soon enough there'll be a epic rise in fatty liver disease, and it won't be from drinking, it'll be from people eating themselves to death through apathy, depression, and lack of education.

No - it causes obesity and can lead to serious health problems - namely in the heart and liver - because of the amount of shit it contains - definitely not a health risk like a joint ey?

but again its triyng to go to the extreme to use examples.. wanting to compare mcdonalds to drugs for an argument to legalize it is crazy imo.. and as i said ealrlier, theres not the other factors with fast food is there. dont think ive ever heard of someone stealing to get a burger..

You must be right, it's a well know fact that people who smoke illegal drugs have a high regard for social responsibility.

I have to be honest; the heaviest weed smokers I know actually are the nicest, politest and most responsible people I know whom, with the exception of their habit, have a high regard for most of society's rules and conventions.

I'm well aware that not all potheads are like this but I'm also aware they're not a rarity.

There are just millions of relaxed, harmless, placid, happy little stoners sitting on couches around the country having a bit of a smoke with a take out pizza and a naff DVD.

I do feel that, in the midst of all the arguments, it really is the one substance in this country that gets overhyped more than anything else.

I dont no anybody who has ever mugged somebody to feed their next fix of weed and I no A LOT of people who smoke weed, so I'm just confused by that. If somebody is going to mug somebody, the weed isn't going to influence them nearly as much as certain friends, and the surrounding they're in, the background they were brought up in etc etc

i no plenty of people that have stole to buy weed, as i said earlier i was a mug that did it myself when i was a teen. if you really think people dont steal for drugs im sorry you living life with blinkers on.. AGAIN im not saying ALL drug users are thiefs but PLENTY of them are..

Edited by m00nie

I just say read the reports and make your own mind up, and not read papers with agendas. Keeping an open mind in relation to the legalisation is what I'm doing. I want to read more and gain a better understanding so I can make a balanced judgement. Therefore when i read that cannabis is more destructive than alcohol, or take aways such as McDonalds I genuinely laugh out loud. I wish everyone could read the reports that I read. Soon enough there'll be a epic rise in fatty liver disease, and it won't be from drinking, it'll be from people eating themselves to death through apathy, depression, and lack of education.

i wish everyone could go and do a stint in prison and see how many are in there for drug ooffences and how man are in there for fast food offences..

i wish everyone could go and do a stint in prison and see how many are in there for drug ooffences and how man are in there for fast food offences..

does anyone else remember the burger / hot dog war in leicester about 20 years ago ?

it was made into a tv film i think

I think it should be legalised but anyone who gets a health related issue from it (as with smoking and drinking) should get NO NHS help. If you're stupid enough to smoke it then don't expect my tax £££ to help you, you irresponsible cvnt.

Thats all well and good...as long as....

Anyone who eats meat doesnt get any NHS help with bowel/ colon/rectal cancer...If you're stupid enough to eat meat it then don't expect my tax £££ to help you, you irresponsible cvnt.

Anyone who eats at Maccas and is overweitght doesnt get NHS assistance... If you're stupid enough to be a fat cvnt it then don't expect my tax £££ to help you, you irresponsible cvnt.

Anyone who overindulges in salt doesnt get NHS asistance with heart disease... If you're stupid enough to eat salt it then don't expect my tax £££ to help you, you irresponsible cvnt.

etc

etc

etc.

everything we do carrys some negative health impact.

Some of Joe Rogans podcasts are very entertaining.

He's got this tank in his house than you lie in with a water system that causes some natural trip. I can't remember what it's called, might be DMT or something.

I know what you mean DMT is short for Dimethyltriptomene which is a naturally occuring drug that is made in your brain. Theory is that it is released by your Pineal gland that sits at the back of your brain and in ancient mysticism is thaught to be your 'Third Eye'

DMT is release during REM sleep (no not the band) and has also been measured as being pumped out in massive amounts just before death. It is responsible for your weird,exciting,scary dreams and is one of the most mysterious naturally occuring drugs in all nature.

DMT is present in alot of things in nature and they make an orally active version of this in the Amazon which is called 'Ayuahsca' and the native tribes have been taking this for millenia to contact the spirit world and get messages from beyond.

Altho strangely DMT is not normally orally active as we have a natural defence to taking it orally in our bodies. But with the bark of a certain tree this signal is blocked and DMT becomes orally active. Which in itself is amazing as there are over 150'000 species of plant in the amazon and these tribes just managed to fing the correct 2 that work in partnership to make Ayuahsca work.

Amazing stuff.