Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lavrentis

Legalise cannabis?

Legalise?  

487 members have voted

1. 1. Should Marijuana be legal?

• Yes
    • No

This is interesting report based on Cannabis use in the Netherlands before and after decriminalisation....

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Content/SEN/Committee/371/ille/presentation/korf-e.htm#%C2%A02.%20Cannabis%20use

General hospital admissions

Cannabis problems are not an important reason for admission in general hospitals. There are about were 1.5 million admissions in general hospitals. According to statistics, drug problems hardly played a role in these admissions. In 2000 cannabis abuse and cannabis dependency were determined as primary diagnoses on 24 occasions, and 193 times as secondary diagnoses (in total: 217).[5] Based on the estimated number of current cannabis users, less then 1 out of every 1,000 is admitted to general hospitals for cannabis abuse or dependency.

The Rolling Stones - Mick Jagger & Keith Richards - Still alive (although god knows how in Richards case)

Aerosmith - Steven Tyler - Still alive

Maybe it should legalised only for up and coming talent at school. The nativity plays would be ace, Joseph lobbing the crib out the window and Mary going down on a wise man... :chant:

Edited by WTF BBQ

Smoke one.. :D

I cant wait for Friday so i can snort a crunchie...

I'm going to stick a Ripple up me ring. Only 51p!

The good thing with this is, that if you OD the ambulance people just think you've crapped your pants and nobody judges you as a druggie.

Edit : Have a word with yourself Empty, that don't even make sense lad!

Edited by El Empty

I thought cannibis was a soothing drug that slows your reaction and mind down. Which is why some people who are suffering a great deal of pain use it when no coventional prescribed medicine works. I have never wanted or felt the need to take drugs.

I do not know the ins and outs of whether cannibis can lead onto stronger and more dangerous drugs like cocaine but if a person is feeling low enough they are more supseptable to suggestion by pushers. If someone knows their limitations and sensible they will not be taken in.

I'm more addicted to tea (caffeine?) than I ever have been to an illegal substance.

I gave up caffiene for several years at the same time I gave up everything else.

A few years in I accidently took some paracetemal which contained caffeine and it was genuinely like I'd taken a large amount of ecstacy. I was in Morrison's cafe and started to freak out.

I guess because we have it so often we don't really notice the effects (other than the cravings).

Fast food and food with high contents of saturated fats and salt has a far wider negative health and social problem in this country than weed does. But I reckon most people wouldn't like the idea of that being outlawed.

If somebody wants to chill out and smoke weed, or go out and get drunk, or sit in and read a book. Who gives a sh*t?

Fast food and food with high contents of saturated fats and salt has a far wider negative health and social problem in this country than weed does. But I reckon most people wouldn't like the idea of that being outlawed.

Arguments like this are a bit silly. Far more people eat junk food or drink alcohol than smoke cannabis. Obviously there are going more cases of problems.

Why do so many kids drag their mothers into McDonalds? I have never felt the urge to go in every time I go by the place. The last time I had one of their burgers it was like eating rubber and the chips were tasteless. So the only reason I can think of for going in is that the food is addictive.

Arguments like this are a bit silly. Far more people eat junk food or drink alcohol than smoke cannabis. Obviously there are going more cases of problems.

Lets not go on numbers, lets go on percentages. 23% of people in Britain are obese. Now lets not beat around the bush, the main reason their obese is because of the abuse of food, particularly fast food and food with high saturated fats. Now i'm not saying weed has less or more than 23%, but I do no that the percentage of people who smoke weed probably wont affect the Government nearly as much as the percentage of people who are fat. This reminds me of the south park episode with the whole anti-smoking and the fat anti-smoking campaigner.

_50411367_obesity_map_304.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11983915

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1531127/Britain-becomes-the-fat-man-of-Europe.html

Of course I do! I could sit on the internet and read facts or listen to government polls, but I'd much rather take my information from what I know and can see all around me. All the research in the world can tell me that cannabis is not addictive, but I've seen people who are so dependant on it that I simply don't believe it.

Now this is all somewhat of an aside and you seem to be mixing up arguments - I had an issue with you not knowing the source of the data, but if you want my opinion I'd actually agree and believe that alcohol contributes to the vast majority of cases of violence in A&E, far more than that of cannabis. That said, I don't think you should be using your 'facts' to shoot down other people unless you know how they're actually recorded. 'Medical Experts' doesn't cut it for me

I love the fact that if I don't go into minute details for you specifically I must be wrong or or the statements I have made false.

If you have the spare time or inclination go over the Dept of Health website. All the stats are public, I won't bore others on here with them. I've generalised to get the point across. I have no reason to make shit up, because it's clear to me that some people have made their mind up regardless of whatever facts are put in front of them.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are, but if your research is 'in the field', and based on what's around you, don't automatically assume it's a general consensus across on the subject.

I'm going to stick a Ripple up me ring. Only 51p!

The good thing with this is, that if you OD the ambulance people just think you've crapped your pants and nobody judges you as a druggie.

Edit : Have a word with yourself Empty, that don't even make sense lad!

Other than Frys Turkish Delight, Ripple is was my fav chocy bar. Thanks for ruining my Christmas.. :angry:

Lets not go on numbers, lets go on percentages. 23% of people in Britain are obese. Now lets not beat around the bush, the main reason their obese is because of the abuse of food, particularly fast food and food with high saturated fats. Now i'm not saying weed has less or more than 23%, but I do no that the percentage of people who smoke weed probably wont affect the Government nearly as much as the percentage of people who are fat. This reminds me of the south park episode with the whole anti-smoking and the fat anti-smoking campaigner.

_50411367_obesity_map_304.gif

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-11983915

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1531127/Britain-becomes-the-fat-man-of-Europe.html

Everybody in the UK eats so that's 23% of the whole population. Not everybody, or even 50% of the population smoke cannabis so it's not a fair comparison.

If somebody wants to chill out and smoke weed, or go out and get drunk, or sit in and read a book. Who gives a sh*t?

there hardlly going to go out and rob and steal to go and buy a big mac(again im not saying all drug users are thiefs) .. or get behind the wheel of a car high on chicken nuggets and crash into someone else.. .

I love the fact that if I don't go into minute details for you specifically I must be wrong or or the statements I have made false.

If you have the spare time or inclination go over the Dept of Health website. All the stats are public, I won't bore others on here with them. I've generalised to get the point across. I have no reason to make shit up, because it's clear to me that some people have made their mind up regardless of whatever facts are put in front of them.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you are, but if your research is 'in the field', and based on what's around you, don't automatically assume it's a general consensus across on the subject.

heres a question for you, with all teh research you have seen then do you believe it should be legalised ????

or get behind the wheel of a car high on chicken nuggets and crash into someone else.. .

laugh.gif

Pray tell, how do you get high on chicken nuggets?

Oh, and again - How many stoners get behind the wheel after a few spliffs? A lot less comparative to the total number of stoners than with alcohol I'd wager.

there hardlly going to go out and rob and steal to go and buy a big mac(again im not saying all drug users are thiefs) .. or get behind the wheel of a car high on chicken nuggets and crash into someone else.. .

Though they are likely to syphon vast amounts of time and money in medical care that could be used to treat others that need it.

I dont no anybody who has ever mugged somebody to feed their next fix of weed and I no A LOT of people who smoke weed, so I'm just confused by that. If somebody is going to mug somebody, the weed isn't going to influence them nearly as much as certain friends, and the surrounding they're in, the background they were brought up in etc etc

• Like 1

I'm sure you'll find no cases where I say that because I know people who do it it must be what everyone does, in fact I'm quite sure you'll find several times where I've said 'that must be because you have a different set of friends'

The only time I talk about personal experience is where it's relevant in individual cases, like when people say 'you can't get addicted to cannabis' yet I know someone who can't get through a couple of hours without being high.

Oh, and again - How many stoners get behind the wheel after a few spliffs? A lot less comparative to the total number of stoners than with alcohol I'd wager.

You must be right, it's a well know fact that people who smoke illegal drugs have a high regard for social responsibility.