Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lloyd Dyer

So he has no tricks and isn't a great crosser, can be easily stopped.

But you'd start him pretty much every week.

We do because we have no other option, that needs to be changed but still hasn't.

Pretty much, yes. On his day, when given time and space to run into such as at Derby, he is a big threat. But stick two players on him and he does next to nothing. There have been plenty of games this season where he is barely involved. I'd play him as we have no choice and I prefer to see 4-4-2.

I dont agree with this at all.

Dyer has been hugely underrated by some of our fans and Sven during his time with us.

He has lightning pace, huge desire, a brilliant work ethic and unlike some wide players he will get back and do the ugly side of the game with enthusiasm.

Before Sven came last season he was also by far our best player, and never deserved to be sidelined so often under the Swede.

He can also genuinely beat a player and get a cross in, a rare commodity in today's game.

Absolutely love Lloyd to bits, a huge asset to our team.

I should've mentioned his work rate, that is second to none and certainly helps Konchesky out a lot.

Yes he has lightning pace and a great worth ethic, but that is about it. He can only beat a man if he has the space to run in behind him, for example for his assist at Derby. But like I said, he should never have been left one on one with their RB as he will do him for pace and it was criminal of Derby not to prepare for it. He's a poor crosser of the ball usually, crosses such as the one for Danns just don't come round often enough for you to claim that he's a great crosser of the ball. Gallagher is a great crosser of the ball, Dyer isn't.

Currently I'd have him in the team for his work ethic, his pace and the fact that he's the only left winger in the squad. He's a decent Championship player and very good to have around the squad because of the attributes he possesses and his love for Leicester, but I'd be disappointed if he was a first choice next season.

I like him. Pace is unquestionable and I agree he's like the whole team of the last couple of seasons, sometimes brilliant and sometimes laughable. Crossing is not exceptional for a winger (I think for the Danns goal v Derby he may have overhit a clip into the centre for Beckford/Nugent rather than picking out the incoming player) but on a good day he does get a fair number in and the quantity means there's the odd good one in there. And although he completely messed up the finish at the end in the Derby game, I think he does have finishing in his locker - there was a spell in the L1 campaign where he seemed to be scoring every game.

Very much a confidence player and can really only play when the style of the game and setup of the team suits him - not as adaptable as other players. I would certainly have him in while we are playing the way we are and it would be great if he had even the tiniest bit of faith in his right foot.

"But stick two players on him and he does next to nothing"..........

I'd say doing this he has done something. Isn't it 11 v11.... wouldn't it mean than one player is unmarked????

Lloyd, Loyd will tear you apart, again............

"But stick two players on him and he does next to nothing"..........

I'd say doing this he has done something. Isn't it 11 v11.... wouldn't it mean than one player is unmarked????

Lloyd, Loyd will tear you apart, again............

Been saying this all season.

Lloyd's pace is not only important in a one to one race between himself and the full back.

It creates room for our strikers to find space especially if the opposition defence have to double up to counter his speed.

If that room was regularly exploited we would be in a better league position.

Every time i see him he justs looks like he's improved that little bit more. Most importantly he looks confident now, I expect him to continue getting better, he could be a key part of a good run in. Surely Cov at home next is our best chance of getting back to back wins??

• publicly stated he wanted to stay here and fight for his place.
  • Never head-butted NP in his life
  • speed that we so clearly lack

The guy deserves every penny he earns.

• publicly stated he wanted to stay here and fight for his place.
  • Never head-butted NP in his life
  • speed that we so clearly lack

The guy deserves every penny he earns.

Said this months ago. Especially about his commitment and pace.

It's amazing how a few decent games changes peoples opinions...not aimed at you mate, just a general observation.

• 4 weeks later...

OK I know Lioyd Dyer has got his faults and can be a little frustrating at times, but you have to admit he's a feckin exciting player to watch .

Some of his runs today were absolutely tremendous .

edit;

echoing the OP

Thank you Lloyd.

:scarf:

Dyer is the kind you need these days, bags of pace and always taking defenders away, very dangerous when cutting inside an asset for sure. Pearson has faith in him and I do as well. Why Sven never used him when Vassell was injured is beyond me.

He'd give Ronaldo a run for his money for pace, must be terrifying for the defence. On another level today, he's forming a mean partnership with Beckford too, always egging each other on which is great to see.

Archived