Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lloyd Dyer

Because penalties aren't always created by the taker, any member of the team could have gained the penalty. Count them if you want, but I won't. I'd like to see the stats without pens included. That's my personal preference.

Thankfully the league do count penalties.

But you have missed the point. You cannot compare Gallys goals to shot ratio to Lloyd Dyer!

Did someone get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? :whistle:

You don't need to compare Gallagher's shot to goals ratio to Dyer's, Dyer's are shit without comparision to anyone else.

But you have missed the point. You cannot compare Gallys goals to shot ratio to Lloyd Dyer!

Why does taking a penalty invalidate the data. Should we ignore all free kicks and corners for assist purposes?

But they've been played in similar positions.

Yes Gallagher takes free-kicks and penalties, that's because he's better than Dyer at them.

If you are using those statistics as a stick with which to beat Dyer then yes seems to be answer.

I wasn't even using the stats to beat Dyer. I provided them to show how he's got better, thats why I had the good grace to preface my statement with 'in fairness to Lloyd'.

I still maintain that he is shit, he's just not as shit as he used to be. However I would still hope that any reasonable supporter would think 5 assists in 3 years is abysmal for a winger.

Dyer's assists are absolutely piss poor 5 assists in 3 years that tells its own story, fair enough his pace is an asset but the fact that we don't create no where near enough assists from the centre of the midfield unless that is rectified by getting a playmaker aka Whittingham or someone of that ilk, the wingers have to offer more to their game, Marshall looks like he is doing that but Dyer is no where near good enough to be in the starting 11.

Dyer's assists are absolutely piss poor 5 assists in 3 years that tells its own story, fair enough his pace is an asset but the fact that we don't create no where near enough assists from the centre of the midfield unless that is rectified by getting a playmaker aka Whittingham or someone of that ilk, the wingers have to offer more to their game, Marshall looks like he is doing that but Dyer is no where near good enough to be in the starting 11.

Ben Marshall had 4 assists in the league for us in 16 appearances. Remember Lloyd has 5 in 3 years. He also has 3 goals form 18 shots (though 1 was a freekick so I am not sure if I am allowed to count that one).

Ben Marshall had 4 assists in the league for us in 16 appearances. Remember Lloyd has 5 in 3 years. He also has 3 goals form 18 shots (though 1 was a freekick so I am not sure if I am allowed to count that one).

IMO it's harder to score a free kick than a penalty. There are obviously a lot of grey areas in the use of statistics, hence why I won't be reading much into them. The right statistics can make anyone look good (or bad if required).

Archived