Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lloyd Dyer

He'd probably have gone downhill had he got his move to Sheff. Wed. last summer. That can happen sometimes when you drop down a league and your game then can sometimes suffer because of playing with inferior players. I was always surprised when Chris O'Grady left us for.........Rochdale about five years ago! I alway thought he was quality and is proving to be so now at Hillsborough. Inept management let him go (Rob Kelly?). Anyway, excellently done so far this season "Lord" Dyer!

I think you are underestimating the great work he does harrying back into defence. With the lazy ass midfielders that we've played this season we've needed him doing that. He hasn't been played as an out and out winger so to only value him on his crosses is a little weak. And his surging runs have been setting up plays.

Playing well atm, but you have to VALUE him on his crosses he has been a winger all (if not most of his career)

Said this weeks ago about Lloyd..

He's a consummate professional, who never seems to complain and always puts in tons of effort. Again, the criticism of him has been well over the top.

I personally think his 'final product' is not as bad as many suggest either, though I do agree this is possibly the weakest aspect of his game.

Dyer's made a decent contribution all round recently. And for all the criticism of his "final ball" he's forever flashing crosses across the six-yard line which are begging to be turned in.

No I don't pretend he's a subtle ball flighter but I can't imagine it's been easy to know what final ball to deliver because we haven't had any real aerial threat for ages. we've no real front post threat and we've not got a Gerd Muller type predator either.

Like others I think we're gradually seeing signs of Beckford/Nugent forming an understanding so the situation is improving but we're not there yet. There's no goal threat on the back post from the right and nothing much from the midfielders on the edge of the box.

Whatever, Dyer always poses a threat with the sort of pace which disturbs any defence and I think he's become much more involved and reliable with his support play and defensive responsibilities in recent games. He and Konch seem to work reasonably well together and I only wish I could say the same about our right side.

If gallagher applied the same attitude/effort as Lloyd he'd be some player. Instead all we get are pretend tackles and crap delivery at set pieces.

I think Dyer does fine, if we had a clone that played on the right we'd be a well balanced team. Granted his crossing isn't a patch on Guppys (only Beckhams is/was) but he isn't a Momo Sylla.

Dyer has been poor the last two games. Shown a bit going forward but no where near enough and very poor delivery. And other than that he has just sat in the middle not getting back and not getting forward.

I do like the guy but he is an impact player not someone who can show for more than 25 min.

Yes galley hasn't got the best tackles and he doesn't like to header the ball but he does get in the right places and tracks back. And as for his final ball he shows the quality that the rest could do with when crossing.

Dyer has been poor the last two games. Shown a bit going forward but no where near enough and very poor delivery. And other than that he has just sat in the middle not getting back and not getting forward.

I do like the guy but he is an impact player not someone who can show for more than 25 min.

Yes galley hasn't got the best tackles and he doesn't like to header the ball but he does get in the right places and tracks back. And as for his final ball he shows the quality that the rest could do with when crossing.

I take it that's a piss-take.

I like Gally, when he's on.

but he doesn't work hard enough to get back, gives a lot of balls away and as far as final ball quality. lol. His corners are the biggest joke in the league.

I take it that's a piss-take.

I like Gally, when he's on.

but he doesn't work hard enough to get back, gives a lot of balls away and as far as final ball quality. lol. His corners are the biggest joke in the league.

Yes he doesn't always perform but he can cross a ball well. He doesn't always tackle well but he does get back and at least get in the way, and he is normally there as a route out. But dyer doesn't look like he wants the ball half the time and goes missing more than gally. Dyer is a squad player and should b used as a sub when needed. I know we didn't have much midfield options yesterday and I think that is the only reason he stayed on the pitch. I don't like slagging lcfc p,ayers off and I do like the guy just think he could show more and give a little bit more.

I like Dyer but he's got one big problem, and it's his positioning. He does run around a fair bit, but seems to go missing when we need him most, when we're countering, where is he running outside? He's often running down the centre.

• 4 weeks later...

Just had to bring the topic back if even for a moment.

Love the the man. Works his socks off for the team, greased fookin' lightening for our goal today,

the only player to publicly state how much he loves being at Leicester and wants to stay. Salut Lord Dyer.

I was never his biggest fan, but Dyer's performance tonight was excellent. I can't ever remember seeing him play that well before. Granted, D*rby's right-back was a midfielder, but Lloyd looked really dangerous and he got good crosses in. Hope there's more like that to come from him soon.

Archived