Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lloyd Dyer

If only he had that final delivery. He can be so frustrating. One particular incident in the second half (just before Danns got red carded) when he got himself into the box and a simple square pass along the six yard box would've resulted in a simple tap in for Nugent. Blasting the ball into the side netting from that position was criminal.

I suppose that if he did have that composure then he'd be playing at a higher level by now.

Top performance from Lloyd today. He's impressed me recently in general. As Spudulike said, he should have set Nugent up instead of firing wide into the side netting, but apart from that I can't fault his display against Hull.

More of the same, please.

Have always rated Lloyd. Why Sven sidelined him I'll never understand. If everyone put as much as he does into every game, where might we be? Just love the guy. Good gritty stuff from the boys today after Danns was sent off. Great result.

His goal was Premier League quality, he's an amazing winger and probaly could cut it in the the top division if given an oppurtunity. I've seen him score equally epic goals against Real Madrid and Man City in the last 2 years. I predict he'll score or assist in almost all of the next 6 games.

Was having a chat last night with a mate and his words were 'If Sven would have played Lloyd Dyer he'd still be in a job, not because he's brilliant but because he would have given us the balance we lacked'.

I agreed. Lloyds been generally pretty good since returning to the side.

He proved yesterday that he can still do a job for us, when many said he couldn't earlier in the season. Said he was part of the 'dead wood'.

I still think we need to buy a better left winger for next season, as his final ball isn't always there, but definetly can impact from the bench, and get a fair few starts as well.

Was having a chat last night with a mate and his words were 'If Sven would have played Lloyd Dyer he'd still be in a job, not because he's brilliant but because he would have given us the balance we lacked'.

I agreed. Lloyds been generally pretty good since returning to the side.

It's simple.... I still don't think he's good enough to start regularly. Unless he starts performing more often. It's as straight forward as that :P

He's got the ability to terrorise defences but for some reason (no idea why) he just doesn't perform to a decent standard on a consistent basis. He'll have games where all he does is run into corners and alleyways and his control, shooting and finishing will be one of the worst I have ever seen (I honestly think his technique when it comes to striking the ball is just awful) but other times he can be a menace.

In short I'd welcome a run in the team for him, if only to show what he can do. But if he starts having nothing games again then it will only support my belief that he is no more than a squad player.

• 4 months later...

I just wanted to show my appreciation for Lloyd.

He gets a lot of unfair stick from some of our fans.

The lad is lightning quick, gives his absolute all, gets back to defend and scores the odd goal now and then.

He seems to be having a very decent pre season to boot.

Could be a big season for him, lets hope so because if he plays well then out strikers are going to get plenty of chances to score.

What I don't understand is when he is far to quick for his full back (derby away) he takes the piss once, we score, then he never gets the ball or starts cutting inside!!

Because he is really quite shit. He has a terrible first touch and cannot cross which, considering he is a winger, is quite a big problem.

Can't fault his effort but you can fault his ability. Only 3 more years till his contract expires.

i agree lloyd isnt consistant and maybe a better impact sub. however on tuesday he hugged the touchline for most the half, with no player near him and yet we hardly got the ball out to him . his fault?

Archived