Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lloyd Dyer

He's a microcosm of the entire team. He can be absolutely immense one game (last night, and that Blackpool away game spring to mind) and absent the next. Leicester in a nut shell.

But take nothing away, he gave Dannsy a run for his money in the MOTM battle last night. :thumbup:

Always been a Lloyd fan...

Although I do agree with the post above about his performances being a reflection of the whole team.

Last nights performance again IMO showed that he's a better crosser of the ball than most have suggested and that someone gambling to get on the end of stuff would have resulted in a lot more goals for the club this season.

Lloyd ripped them to shreds last night and what has improved mostly under Pearson this time round is Dyers defensive work. As at Norwich, the times he tracked back last night to get his foot in really helped us to not concede.

His crossing seems to have improved a bit, still think we could make some cash entering him in the cross bar challenge on a Saturday morning on Soccer AM.

Would like to see his other foot too.

Good performances at the moment though.

Thumbs up to Lloyd.

I have to be honest some of his performances recently have been of a very high standard, the thing is constancy and if Dyer can get that in his game he is going to be a useful asset for us in our automatic promotion push next season, still think NP will get another winger in the summer for competition.

Can't imagine many on here would want to mark him. He's fast, positive and dangerous in the attacking third but seems fitter now than i can ever remember him. He used to fade noticeably after an hour or so but now he remains busy and contributes a lot of sensible back-tracking that perhaps isn't always noticed.

His positioning can be a bit frustrating - especially when he leaves the wing for a more central position and no-one fills in the space. But, the upside of that is that he becomes that much harder to mark and shows himself capable of making a threat from more than one area.

Altogether he's been a big plus for us this season and will only have benefitted from having people like Beckford, Nugent, Danns and Konch offering some movement around him which so often wasn't the case in our pedestrian past.

That was the real Dyer last night sprinting down the left taking men on.

He lasted 70 mins faded away but at least he came back at the end, most the time he fades after an hour.

Should have scored but he smacks the balll rather than placing it, but hey great performance overall.

Not the best technical player but has unbelievable pace (made the Derby rightback look a right tool last night) and a good work rate. He can also finish too (though he should have put his rebound in last night).

I really like Dyer. You have to take him for what he is.

For the shot that hit the bar, I think he was surprised the ball came back to him and snatched at it rather than placing it.

I think he simply thought he couldnt miss so hit it too well IMO.

He looked as shocked as anyone when it hit the bar.

If he would have just toed it it would have trickled over the line....

I'm a fan of Lloyd. Saying that I think I've seen more of his good games than bad ones and I can certainly see why he is a frustrating player to watch from time to time. However, when he is on his game, he can pose a real threat to literally anyone IMO, mainly due to his pace. Thing about him though is that he is very easily predictable at time. If he is running down the wing with the ball, he WILL definitely use his pace, knock it round the outside of the defender and try to get the cross in. In fairness, this is because he's simply playing to his strengths and probably doesn't have the skill to beat a full back any other way. Sometimes, that is exactly what we need but I would like to see him mix up his play a little more from time to time. If he could do that then he would improve a lot as a player.

As has been previously mentioned, he is the one player currently at the club who has stated his love for us. Personally as a fan, that means a lot. and you can certainly see the effort and determination that he puts in for us each time he pulls on the shirt. Okay he isn't the most skilled of footballers and if we can get to where we want to be in the Premiership then I don't think he will good enough to be a part of our first team. Perhaps he isn't even good enough for what we want to achieve in the Championship. But, I have a lot of appreciation for the lad. I think he's good to have around at the club and if he's happy to keep working hard and fighting for his place, then I wouldn't mind seeing him around for a few more seasons to come.

Guest BlueBrett

My friend who doesnt support Leicester bums him and thinks he is class.... simply because he always plays well when we are on TV, somebody needs to let him know every home game is on Thai TV haha

• rep_up.png

Along with Beckford and St Ledger he's pretty much the only player my non Leicester mates mention too. Occasionally I get a "what happen to that Andy King" comment.

For me Lloyd has been a great servant and is not far from being a city legend. I'd love to see him given the chance to run at some Prem defences and I just hope if he ever gets it he has the balls to do it.

It was absolutely criminal of Derby to not double up on him. He has no tricks, simply pace and isn't a great crosser so isn't going to whip the ball like Gallagher. Just bring another player across and you'll fairly easily negate the threat. As it was, Derby continually left the RB Green (who is a midfielder) one on one and predictably he got done for pace time after time.

I like having Dyer here, and I'd start him pretty much every week. Comes up with the odd goal, although not as many as he should, and provides a huge threat when given the time to run at the defender. And you've got to like a player who publically states his love for the club.

It was absolutely criminal of Derby to not double up on him. He has no tricks, simply pace and isn't a great crosser so isn't going to whip the ball like Gallagher. Just bring another player across and you'll fairly easily negate the threat. As it was, Derby continually left the RB Green (who is a midfielder) one on one and predictably he got done for pace time after time.

I like having Dyer here, and I'd start him pretty much every week. Comes up with the odd goal, although not as many as he should, and provides a huge threat when given the time to run at the defender. And you've got to like a player who publically states his love for the club.

I dont agree with this at all.

Dyer has been hugely underrated by some of our fans and Sven during his time with us.

He has lightning pace, huge desire, a brilliant work ethic and unlike some wide players he will get back and do the ugly side of the game with enthusiasm.

Before Sven came last season he was also by far our best player, and never deserved to be sidelined so often under the Swede.

He can also genuinely beat a player and get a cross in, a rare commodity in today's game.

Absolutely love Lloyd to bits, a huge asset to our team.

His attitude this year has been great and that kind of thing is always valuable to have at the club. Definitely want him to stay beyond this season.

Not sure why he hasn't been as much of a goal threat this season, he's beeen handy for a few in past seasons. Maybe too busy getting more hench! Will always love him for squaring up to Viera and that goal away at Huddersfield.

Archived