Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Lloyd Dyer

I've given Lloyd a fair bit of criticism over the last 2 or 3 years because of his inability to finish but I'd like to give the guy credit today. This season he has worked his socks off EVERY time he has been on the pitch. when the team were playing piss poor and running nothing down he would still run his socks off and now that the team have seen that's how you must play, he's still working harder than anyone else.

If anything he's looking faster now than he was before and is there any player who gets up the wing one minute and then runs back to cover for a midfield player the next as well and as often as he does. Lloyd, you knew that you'd have a problem holding your place when we started to splash the cash, you stayed and said that you'd battle because you wanted to play for Leicester. You have and you deserve your place on the wing.

Thank you Lloyd.

Tough one for me.

His work rate off the ball like Danns is incredible - but nothing less than I expect for whoever pulls on the shirt.

His pace is immense.

His final ball / crossing is consistently weak for a winger.

His passing ability has improved.

Great squad player.

Unfortunately for me if you play on the wing you need to be able to create goals in your final ball delivery - Llyod's other attributes are great and much improved but for me don't quite make up for the department he lacks in the most.

Tough one for me.

His work rate off the ball like Danns is incredible - but nothing less than I expect for whoever pulls on the shirt.

His pace is immense.

Great squad player.

Unfortunately for me if you play on the wing you need to be able to create goals in your final ball delivery - Llyod's other attributes are great and much improved but for me don't quite make up for the department he lacks in the most.

Spot on. Good option to have but not a starter for me. I've noticed he seems to be going down the line against his man a lot more in the last few games, he always used to drift inside too much. Good to see, even if his balls in aren't always good.

I've given Lloyd a fair bit of criticism over the last 2 or 3 years because of his inability to finish but I'd like to give the guy credit today. This season he has worked his socks off EVERY time he has been on the pitch. when the team were playing piss poor and running nothing down he would still run his socks off and now that the team have seen that's how you must play, he's still working harder than anyone else.

If anything he's looking faster now than he was before and is there any player who gets up the wing one minute and then runs back to cover for a midfield player the next as well and as often as he does. Lloyd, you knew that you'd have a problem holding your place when we started to splash the cash, you stayed and said that you'd battle because you wanted to play for Leicester. You have and you deserve your place on the wing.

Thank you Lloyd.

Well said, he works his socks off so that has to be applauded

Tough one for me.

His pace is immense.

Great squad player.

I agree with this sentiment. I've pointed out that for all his hard work crucially what should be a wingers strongest attribute, is his weakest. I did, in fairness see a bit of improvement against Swindon, but if he hasn't learned how to do this by now, then we need to replace him.

I can only assume that Pearson hasn't done so yet, or we've been not strongly linked with anyone, is that like Sven before him, wingers 'with the full package' are very scarce on the ground, and if you have one, you won't be selling a commodity like that cheaply, or simply at all in the January transfer window. It would be like suicide, unless you had an adequate or average replacement standing-by. And there's not many teams that can say that but maybe in the top 4 in the PL.

I think we'll be seeing a lot more of Dyer in this season.

Tough one for me.

His pace is immense.

Great squad player.

I also agree with Nick on this issue, i have already said Dyer's workrate has to be applauded, but i think we all know his final ball etc are not quite good enough but yes in essence i agree "Good squad player"

We can applaud his work rate all we like, he's still not a very good footballer.

Need better options out wide. Preferably people who are capable of putting in at least one decent cross a season.

Not meaning to get on his back, I love a bit of Lloyd for the last 15 against a completely knackered right back, giving him a 15 yard headstart and still going past him, that's all very exciting, but we all know good and proper that when he recollects that ball, his cross won't be any good.

Tough one for me.

His pace is immense.

Great squad player.

This - 100%

every time he makes a run he causes them trouble, true he may not put in that thunderous strike or pin point cross very often, if he did he would be top prem player. But what he does do is play with his heart and try his best regardless of the lazy ass team hes had to play with at times, and his end product isnt that bad, he wins alot of corners and does put the ball in dangerous places.

Im happy for him to be in the starting 11, with a good winger on the right i think we will be very dangerous, saying that drinkwater down the right side looks quality he can pick out them passes like anything

If you watched the Swindon game you will have seen two very good crosses he put in.

Maybe, but his 'assists to starts' ratio for the position he plays in, I imagine doesn't offset two good crosses against Swindon.

I'm not doubting his heart, effort or ability in any other footballing dept. at Championship level.

Can I add to this thread that before Sven came and dropped him Dyer had been our best player last season, and it's no surprise to me that since Pearson has come back and given him his chance again that he has impressed.

For me we dont need to replace him, we just need someone to compete with him for the left wing slot.

The great thing to see from Lloyd now is his final ball improving, to add to his lightning pace and ability to get to the line first.

Very very underrated player for us.

Not the best player at the club but one of the hardest workers here. Always gives 100% His crossing and finishing isn't the best but to go out there, put on the blue shirt and look like you give a crap consistantly is important.

Well done Lloyd.

Guest BlueBrett

Glad somebody started this thread. I was just thinking the same thing about Lloyd the other day. He's been great the last few weeks and seems right at the heart of the squad in terms of camaraderie and goal celebrations as well. He's added so much strength, aggression and determination to his game this season and seems noticeably more direct. He's left me in no doubt that we are only 1 good winger away from being a really top team at this level, not 2.

Maybe, but his 'assists to starts' ratio for the position he plays in, I imagine doesn't offset two good crosses against Swindon.

I'm not doubting his heart, effort or ability in any other footballing dept. at Championship level.

I think you are underestimating the great work he does harrying back into defence. With the lazy ass midfielders that we've played this season we've needed him doing that. He hasn't been played as an out and out winger so to only value him on his crosses is a little weak. And his surging runs have been setting up plays.

Always liked Dyer, always tries ahrd and he seems to really love the club.

The only bad thing is that he has no right foot. Honestly believe my left foot is no worse than his right! Cant kick a ball on it to save his life, but nevermind!

Well done Lloyd.

If gallagher applied the same attitude/effort as Lloyd he'd be some player. Instead all we get are pretend tackles and crap delivery at set pieces.

I think Dyer does fine, if we had a clone that played on the right we'd be a well balanced team. Granted his crossing isn't a patch on Guppys (only Beckhams is/was) but he isn't a Momo Sylla.

Archived