Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danny the Fox 95

Norwich Away

Guys- Norwich fan who has been reading this board with interest as I have a daughter who is at Uni in Leicester and we do occasionally watch your team play. First i have to say i do not agree with the allocation of tickets you have been given, it is simply wrong. You concerns about stewards and standing are well over the top. Unless you have a small away following you will be allowed to stand without any interference from the idiots in orange coats. There has only been one game this season where standing was an issue and this apparently was due to a safety inspection being carried out during the game.

As for tickets in the home end its unlikely many of you will have got them unless a home fan has not thought of the consequence of buying them for you. All tickets purchased are traceable to the season ticket holder or member who will likely lose their ticket/membership if they are found to have bought tickets for away fans. If you do get in the club operates a zero tolerance policy for away fans in home areas although unless you have been daft enough to buy a ticket in the Barclay or Thorpe Corner you will probably find the home fans will be more than happy to have you there as long as you behave and don't be over the top if the unlikely happens and you score.

Pubs on the day will depend on how the Police view the risk. The Complete Angler is the away pub and is on the river opposite the station. unless the Police have placed restrictions you will be able to drink at most pubs including the Coach and Horses which has already been mentioned on here. I have read somewhere that one of your fans mentioned Roccos. Unless you are really "High Risk" its probably not the best choice, Plenty of of restaurants and bars on the Riverside between the station and the ground but getting into these will depend again on Police advice on the day but have been open to away fans all season.

Guys- Norwich fan who has been reading this board with interest as I have a daughter who is at Uni in Leicester and we do occasionally watch your team play. First i have to say i do not agree with the allocation of tickets you have been given, it is simply wrong. You concerns about stewards and standing are well over the top. Unless you have a small away following you will be allowed to stand without any interference from the idiots in orange coats. There has only been one game this season where standing was an issue and this apparently was due to a safety inspection being carried out during the game.

As for tickets in the home end its unlikely many of you will have got them unless a home fan has not thought of the consequence of buying them for you. All tickets purchased are traceable to the season ticket holder or member who will likely lose their ticket/membership if they are found to have bought tickets for away fans. If you do get in the club operates a zero tolerance policy for away fans in home areas although unless you have been daft enough to buy a ticket in the Barclay or Thorpe Corner you will probably find the home fans will be more than happy to have you there as long as you behave and don't be over the top if the unlikely happens and you score.

Pubs on the day will depend on how the Police view the risk. The Complete Angler is the away pub and is on the river opposite the station. unless the Police have placed restrictions you will be able to drink at most pubs including the Coach and Horses which has already been mentioned on here. I have read somewhere that one of your fans mentioned Roccos. Unless you are really "High Risk" its probably not the best choice, Plenty of of restaurants and bars on the Riverside between the station and the ground but getting into these will depend again on Police advice on the day but have been open to away fans all season.

There's no risk whatsoever, don't be so stupid to believe everything you read.

"unlikely" that we'll score? Come on, you might be in the prem but we manages to score past you last season, we've scored in every one if our last 13 games bar one.

There is every chance you will score(It was said tongue in cheek). Looks like all our back four will be second string due to injuries and up to now we have played our 3rd choice keeper in the cup. In addition we are hardly known for keeping clean sheets this season, We score loads but let nearly as many in.

I expect us to play a very attacking formation with two up front and two wingers so should be a good open game. Either Holt or Morrison or even both will be rested and we could well start with Jackson and Vaughn who hasn't played all season up front.

love the optimisum but stand for more than 30secs at carrow road and you may miss the next 93mins. one of the worst grounds.

Stewards at different grounds do seem to have different levels of tolerance towards standing, that's true. But one thing is consistent at all grounds: if the entire away end stands, the stewards are virtually powerless to do anything about it. Remember, police officers cannot force anyone to sit down because standing in an all-seater stadium is not a breach of criminal law but only of ground regulations. Stewards can target individuals, but they know that doing this when everyone is breaking the regulations risks provoking supporter anger, so often acquiesce to letting people get on with it. At the end of the day, they only work there perhaps one day a week at most, and there must be a good number drafted in from employment agencies on a short-term basis. Anything for an easy life, as the saying goes.

As others have said, it's a strength in numbers, pack mentality sort of thing - which is why heavy-handedness from stewards to reduce standing has proved to be completely counter-productive in recent seasons, as the % of our fans that stand at away games has actually increased steadily over the last 3/4 years to the point where probably 80% stand at almost every game. To be honest, I'd be surprised if any significant number of fans sit down on Saturday so I don't think anyone going will have any problems...

There is every chance you will score(It was said tongue in cheek). Looks like all our back four will be second string due to injuries and up to now we have played our 3rd choice keeper in the cup. In addition we are hardly known for keeping clean sheets this season, We score loads but let nearly as many in.

I expect us to play a very attacking formation with two up front and two wingers so should be a good open game. Either Holt or Morrison or even both will be rested and we could well start with Jackson and Vaughn who hasn't played all season up front.

We have a massive chance if you want to play that team lol

Always nice to meet a fellow FT'er! :)

Liking the Foxestalk contingent around my seat! See you there!

Yup, group of 7 of us, including a few others that post on here.

We will all be heavily under the influence mind. 8.15am train.

High Risk High Risk!!! Really hoping we can get enough of us together to get this going!!! Shouldn't take long for fans to pick up the words, they should already know the tune!

*To the tune of Iwan is a welsman!!!!

Leicester High Risk Fans, We Knock Off Coppers Hats

We Love to Fight Our Neighbours In the Next Door Council Flat

We Kick'em with Our Left Foot, We Kick'em With Our Right

And In The Cup At Norwich We'll Fight all ****ing Night!

Also the other one that was mentioned...

In your Norwich Farms

In your Norwich Farms

Your Pigs On The Game

And Your Cows In The Nick

You Can't Get a Job

Cuz Your So ****ing Thick

In your Norwich Farms

Just a gentle reminder for us all going :scarf:

See you in The Complete Angler from Midday... don't be shy, come and say Hi... you can't miss me, will be in Blue and White Jester Hats, Big Blue Foam Finger and of course City Shirt with Salty '7' on the back.. seriously, can't miss me lol

Nice to meet some fellow FT'rs and put faces to names

High Risk High Risk!!! Really hoping we can get enough of us together to get this going!!! Shouldn't take long for fans to pick up the words, they should already know the tune!

*To the tune of Iwan is a welsman!!!!

Leicester High Risk Fans, We Knock Off Coppers Hats

We Love to Fight Our Neighbours In the Next Door Council Flat

We Kick'em with Our Left Foot, We Kick'em With Our Right

And In The Cup At Norwich We'll Fight all ****ing Night!

Also the other one that was mentioned...

In your Norwich Farms

In your Norwich Farms

Your Pigs On The Game

And Your Cows In The Nick

You Can't Get a Job

Cuz Your So ****ing Thick

In your Norwich Farms

Just a gentle reminder for us all going :scarf:

See you in The Complete Angler from Midday... don't be shy, come and say Hi... you can't miss me, will be in Blue and White Jester Hats, Big Blue Foam Finger and of course City Shirt with Salty '7' on the back.. seriously, can't miss me lol

Nice to meet some fellow FT'rs and put faces to names

That Iwan is a Welshman song lol:appl:

Archived