Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Royston.

musicmagpie

Has anybody sold stuff using this website and if so, how exactly does it work? I got some old dvds together and the price came up to about £30.

I prefer to use the free courier service to post the dvds but how soon do you get the cheque and do they mess you around. Do they send the items back to you free of charge if they dont think they're in good enough condition?

Yes, I used it a while ago to get shot of some unwanted CDs. Can't remember all the details but, in essence, the process was all fairly straightforward. Entering the barcodes on the site is the biggest faff of it all. I just boxed them up and took them to the local post office - postage is free. I got a cheque back within about 10 days, I think.

I don't imagine they send back items that aren't in a good condition... guess it's down to you to be fairly confident they're of a reasonable condition. As far as I know all the CDs I sent played ok but some did have cracked jewel cases - I didn't have any money deducted though so perhaps they're not too stringent!

They sell them on through Amazon Marketplace under the name 'Zoverstocks' (and someone else, too, I think, but I can't remember the other name/s).

Oh, and Royston - I found that Music Magpie offered more money for unusual items, understandably. However, if an item came up for a much higher price than others I sold it myself through Amazon Marketplace instead and generally made much more. (Eg a couple of more obscure CDs that Music Magpie offered about £3 for, I sold myself for about £20 via Amazon.) You do have to wait a bit longer to get your money via Amazon Marketplace, though.

Out of curiousity I just typed in the barcode to my boxset of "The Pacific" I payed £19 for it about 3 weeks ago, brand new. I just typed in the barcode on there and am being offered £3 for it. What the hell?! :unsure:

Out of curiousity I just typed in the barcode to my boxset of "The Pacific" I payed £19 for it about 3 weeks ago, brand new. I just typed in the barcode on there and am being offered £3 for it. What the hell?! :unsure:

Slightly off topic here, but go to we buy anycar .com , and type in your number plate.

I had to lol when i saw what they offered.

I did the same thing with a CD my lad bought, just to test the site out, it cost him £9 (it had only come out a few days before) they offered £2 lol

I fell about laughing and logged off as soon as my Mrs picked me off the floor.

I think people are kinda missing the point. List something that's new out or has been really popular and you're gonna get quoted peanuts for it. When I sold my older CDs I was offered £5 for some of them. Much more mainstream stuff and you'll probably only get offered about 50p for it. It's only worth it to generate some extra cash for the kinda stuff that's sitting on your shelves gathering dust and that you've no longer any interest in.

I sold about 60 CDs that would otherwise have gone to a charity shop - I got just over £100 in return which for about an hours work of listing them and walking the very short distance to the post office wasn't too bad.

I would be interested to know what CD's went for around £5.

Out of interest, I have just entered 5 different CDs. Some not so rare & a couple that I paid a lot of money for, as they are rare & I had imported. Got offered a grand total of £3.30.

I wouldn't part with any of my music collection, but think I would rather list them myself on eBay if I was ever to sell.

Love the advert. Someone gets a cheque for £50. The one time I looked on their, they offered me about £0.15 for two CDs. I prefer selling via eBay over websites like Music Magpie. Get more value I rekon.

Love the advert. Someone gets a cheque for £50. The one time I looked on their, they offered me about £0.15 for two CDs. I prefer selling via eBay over websites like Music Magpie. Get more value I rekon.

Agreed, I got offered £9 for MW3 about a week after it came out lol...:blink:

If you've got a few minutes extra just sell them yourself on eBay. I had a bunch of region 1 DVD's that are hard to come by over here and got offered £3-5 each and ended up selling them on eBay for £15-25. Depends if you can be bothered I guess, that's what they rely on.

Of course you're going to get less for your CDs on music magpie than you are on eBay or Amazon. But personally I've neither the time nor inclination to list countless CDs on eBay , then have the faff of packaging up each individual CD when it sells, taking it to the Post Office etc... there's no way on earth I'd have bothered to do that for 60 CDs - however, I was happy enough to box them up in one go, send 'em to music magpie and get something in return for what otherwise would have been given away for nothing. It's another option, that's all, and yes, it's ideal for those of us that can't be arsed to use other methods of selling them on. If I was to factor my time into the argument I'm confident eBay suddenly wouldn't look like such an attractive option.

Of course you're going to get less for your CDs on music magpie than you are on eBay or Amazon. But personally I've neither the time nor inclination to list countless CDs on eBay , then have the faff of packaging up each individual CD when it sells, taking it to the Post Office etc... there's no way on earth I'd have bothered to do that for 60 CDs - however, I was happy enough to box them up in one go, send 'em to music magpie and get something in return for what otherwise would have been given away for nothing. It's another option, that's all, and yes, it's ideal for those of us that can't be arsed to use other methods of selling them on. If I was to factor my time into the argument I'm confident eBay suddenly wouldn't look like such an attractive option.

AoWW is a busy lass and time is money! :yesyes:

• 5 weeks later...

Archived