Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Moto Hello

New Kit is Puma

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~2747964,00.html?

0,,10274~10771973,00.jpg

Leicester City Football Club and PUMA, the UK's fastest-growing sports lifestyle brand, are delighted to announce an exciting new partnership that will see the two working together from June 2012.

The collaboration, which will run for three years, will see PUMA become the Foxes' Official Sportswear & Technical Kit Sponsor, supplying team kit, replica kit and training wear, starting with the 2012/13 season.

A creative world leader in 'Sportlifestyle', PUMA boasts an impressive list of partners and brand advocates both in football and wider sport. The Italian national team, Barcelona's Cesc Fabregas and Manchester City's Sergio Aguero are among the footballing ambassadors bearing the iconic PUMA brand, along with world sporting figures such as Jamaican sprint superstar Usain Bolt.

Leicester City joins the likes of Newcastle United and newly-promoted Reading among PUMA's UK-based partners.

The Foxes' brand new 2012/13 kits, the first to be designed under the new partnership, will be revealed during the summer months.

Leicester City Chief Executive Officer Susan Whelan said: "It is with great pride that we announce our fantastic new partnership with PUMA, whose reputation as an industry leader strengthens every item bearing their world-famous brand.

"Worn with pride by players and supporters alike, our first team kits are one of the biggest parts of our identity as a Football Club, so to have a renowned partner like PUMA alongside us in their development is a hugely exciting prospect.

"This news will generate a lot of anticipation among our supporters, who can look forward to seeing an excellent PUMA range in the City Fanstore from the end of July."

Roger Harrison, PUMA UK Marketing Director comments: "We are really pleased to be working with Leicester City and its fans. We are confident that through this partnership we will not only increase exposure of PUMA but also deliver a strong service to the club, team and supporters. This agreement underlines our strong commitment to expand our position in the global football market."

The relationship between brand and Club will be managed and delivered by

www.GenesisSports.co.uk. Genesis Sports Sales Director, Russell Thomas said: "As the brand's exclusive licensee for PUMA Pro Teamsports, Genesis is delighted to be working with Leicester City going forward to deliver the full range of Technical Kit and training wear for both players and supporters."

Well, although I think Puma may resolve the quality issue, I do have to wonder where all the posters have gone who were so against us having Adidas make our kits when that was suggested a year or two ago.

Lots of posters commented the likes of: "I just hope it's not another Adidas 'Identikit'!!"

Well has anyone seen the number of English clubs this season using Puma, who all have exactly the same kit apart from a colour change???!!!

There are approximately 15!!!!!

I wonder how many people will be upset if our new kit turns out to be identical to Cardiff's blue kit next season??

Well, although I think Puma may resolve the quality issue, I do have to wonder where all the posters have gone who were so against us having Adidas make our kits when that was suggested a year or two ago.

Lots of posters commented the likes of: "I just hope it's not another Adidas 'Identikit'!!"

Well has anyone seen the number of English clubs this season using Puma, who all have exactly the same kit apart from a colour change???!!!

There are approximately 15!!!!!

I wonder how many people will be upset if our new kit turns out to be identical to Cardiff's blue kit next season??

If Im honest....I'd rather have Adidas than Puma....but hey ho. thats my view.

on the kit design...I like Spurs sort of home shirt design.

on kit makers,,,I'd rather have Fox Leisure back if i had choice of anything :)

Fox Leisure, hated those kits, as a Kid everyone new from the logo it was really NAF NAF, the Bukta kit esp the white away kit was my best as a kid, still have it somewhere. Oh and Scoreline anyone?

bit harsh

so just cos the wasnt a "Big Name Brand" doesnt make it naf, frankly this seasons kit in terms of quality is naf.

should resolve the quality issue, as long as our way shirt isn't like Cardiff's 3rd kit!

Sadly not.

Having had extensive experience of sportswear in recent years Puma shirts have been recently made in a very thin material that is prone to snag / pull.

I hope they change the material for next season.

bit harsh

so just cos the wasnt a "Big Name Brand" doesnt make it naf, frankly this seasons kit in terms of quality is naf.

NAF NAF was a cheap clothing manufacturer that used to make jumpers and tshirts, for some reason loads of kids turned up to school wearing them, then just as quick they disappeared, but the logo they used was exactly the same as the fox leisure design. who again just disappeared after a few seasons, reason why? same company.

Archived