Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Moto Hello

New Kit is Puma

Don't know why Fox Leisure is getting bashed. They weren't overly bizarre like some of the kits were in that era, but were original and interesting designs.

We'll never have a kit design unique to us again, sadly.

Totaly agree with you I never had a problem with fox leisure and at least the quality was always good on the shirts. So much better than bloody burrda.

Agreed, solid kits for that era. Much better than a lot of other teams.

Reminds me so much of being a kid, think the green Fox Leisure 1997/98 goalkeeper shirt was possibly the greatest goalkeeper shirt in the history of football, shame I cannot find a decent picture of it!

Reminds me so much of being a kid, think the green Fox Leisure 1997/98 goalkeeper shirt was possibly the greatest goalkeeper shirt in the history of football, shame I cannot find a decent picture of it!

SSPZ100923.jpg

That bad boy?

SSPZ100923.jpg

That bad boy?

Thats the 1! Mine had the Coca Cola Cup winners 1997 writing across the middle too, almost had a seizure a few years ago when I found out my brother had donated it to some local 6 a side astro turf football team

I, for one extremely optimistic fan am delighted that we have Puma as our shirt manufacturer.

I'm glad the board have got that decision absolutely spot on. I wonder what's next on the To Do list??

Red away shirt or swapping the kop and family stand surely :P

Me and my mate was on about air asia at the west ham game and if we think it could replace king power on the kits...

Personally I think it'd look better but can't see it happening, what are your thoughts?

I think king power may have something to say about that.

And besides,air Asia is only thailands version of ryanair.

Some of the Fox Leisure shirts were fantastic in my opinion

Leic1992100.JPG

LEIC9698HXL1001.jpgLEIC9496HXL1001.jpg

Agreed, solid kits for that era. Much better than a lot of other teams.

I can't help but think they're being looked back with rose-tinted specs given the level of success we had wearing them.

I love them for the same reasons but there's no way I'd choose the re-incarnation of Fox Leisure over everything else.

Have a google for other teams' mid-90s kits.

Wearing these next to the kids in the ecru Liverpool shirt or the Umbro/Nike/Adidas kits of the time was akin to having your footwear purchased from Bacons Shoes whilst everyone else wore Air Jordans, Reebok Pumps and Kickers.

I can't help but think they're being looked back with rose-tinted specs given the level of success we had wearing them.

I love them for the same reasons but there's no way I'd choose the re-incarnation of Fox Leisure over everything else.

Wearing these next to the kids in the ecru Liverpool shirt or the Umbro/Nike/Adidas kits of the time was akin to having your footwear purchased from Bacons Shoes whilst everyone else wore Air Jordans, Reebok Pumps and Kickers.

True I think it's easier for me to have delusions of grandeur as Leicester has never been a local team for me so as a kid noone else I knew or saw would ever being wearing or have heard of Fox Leisure

So, it's not a famous brand. So what? How does that affect the actual kit design? So, if you replaced the Fox Leisure logo with a brand you do like, would you suddenly think the exact same shirt is a lot better? Look at them! They're really nice football kits. I wouldn't give a shit who made them as long as they're that well designed and made.

I've still got the away white version of that one with the red Walkers logo, and it's still in great condition. It's all still in one piece - all the logos are completely stuck on, and all the stitching's still fine. They were made to last a lifetime. The current ones are made to last a lunchtime.

Archived