Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MrSpaM

Wellens out for 6 months

I think I must be the only person who likes watching Wellens?

He can win the ball, turn and he is probably the best passer at the club. (closely followed by Gallagher)

He also is a born leader. I seem to remember an outcry from just about everyone when Matt Mills was make captain instead of him.

I don't think he's the answer moving forward, but have been baffled by some of the abuse he's got after the hatemob moved on from Beckford, before it settled on Gallagher.

Wellens & Danns once they'd played together a couple of times was about as good as the midfield got this season.

Danns was doing the box-to-box running and Wellens was good further up the pitch, sadly it didn't last long with injury & suspension getting in the way.

Aside from his playing, he's the only one made of captain material at the club, he's constantly talking to everyone, directing, having a word in their ear, putting an arm around their shoulder, as well as Wellens the player probably needing improving on... we need a couple more with his personality

Not true - there's a centre-half who did pretty well as a skipper last year and still has a far better record with us as captain than Wellens does.

I think I must be the only person who likes watching Wellens?

He can win the ball, turn and he is probably the best passer at the club. (closely followed by Gallagher)

He also is a born leader. I seem to remember an outcry from just about everyone when Matt Mills was make captain instead of him.

Bristol City (home)

Millwall (home)

Doncaster (away)

Bristol City (away)

Millwall (away)

Some of the worst City performances of recent years, including the relegation and League 1 seasons. And who was the captain for those games?

No ,but he offers more than Wellens ever did he isn't limited player, Danns possesses the ability to break up play ,score goals pass the ball with pace.

Give over. He's been marginally better this season down to a good run of form of about 2 months until he got injured. He's not contributed to the level Wellens has over the previous two seasons.

I do think Wellens is past it though, probably time for him to move on.

Not true - there's a centre-half who did pretty well as a skipper last year and still has a far better record with us as captain than Wellens does.

Who?

Wellens was captain last year... unless you mean that cvnt who pissed all over the club, its fans and even his personal sponsors

If you mean him, he didn't talk, guide, coach & encourage anyone, and as such he's certainly not captain material

Bristol City (home)

Millwall (home)

Doncaster (away)

Bristol City (away)

Millwall (away)

Some of the worst City performances of recent years, including the relegation and League 1 seasons. And who was the captain for those games?

The fact you remember who the captain was in all those games shows you care a litle to much about trying to prove Wellens is crap.

I think you need a new hobby.

Considering the season has been shit and Mills captained the side for half the season I'm sure I could name plenty of shit performances where he's been captain - but firstly it would prove very, very little, and secondly I'm not that sad.

Never like to see a player injured, so would never celebrate it. However, our midfield has been lacking a little this season, so it may mean that NP has to look at other possibilities over the closed season, which will be beneficial. Blessing in disguise?

Never like to see a player injured, so would never celebrate it. However, our midfield has been lacking a little this season, so it may mean that NP has to look at other possibilities over the closed season, which will be beneficial. Blessing in disguise?

Not really, in fact if you would rather one of the top contributors to the team to be out, then the injury will work against that as it means we won't be able to sell him & he'll still be here when he recovers from injury in September/Oct except he won't have had the benefit of pre-season

So for the people who don't want him here, this injury is the worse thing that can happen.

Bristol City (home)

Millwall (home)

Doncaster (away)

Bristol City (away)

Millwall (away)

That's a great post .... pretty damning on him as a captain.

Shame he's injured though - means we won't be able to move him on until he's fit.

The Clueless Foxes Fans Association were mid knees up when someone realised that without Wellens in the team who could now be blamed for the heavy traffic on the way to games? Or indeed the amount of steps you must climb to reach your seat!? :( Disaster.

That's bad news, very bad.

We are now unlikely to sell him in the transfer window - hopefully we can justify replacing him with a creative midfielder with a little more vision and grit due to his injury.

The Clueless Foxes Fans Association were mid knees up when someone realised that without Wellens in the team who could now be blamed for the heavy traffic on the way to games? Or indeed the amount of steps you must climb to reach your seat!? :( Disaster.

We still have Gally ;)

Unbelievable at times...

The thread starts off about the guy having a bad knee injury and then just becomes a moan fest again about a player thats been no more inconcistent than most of the squad!!!

The guy has been excellent for LCFC, player of the season not so long ago remember.... Yes he's getting older and slower but thats why we've signed Drinkwater as, in time, he will replace him

Unbelievable at times...

The thread starts off about the guy having a bad knee injury and then just becomes a moan

But are you surpised ? There a lot on here who think our best season was winning the third division title which I just dont understand. I have a lot of time for Richie but do feel that maybe it is time for him to move on.

But are you surpised ? There a lot on here who think our best season was winning the third division title which I just dont understand. I have a lot of time for Richie but do feel that maybe it is time for him to move on.

He's getting no younger in fairness but the slating he's had this season has been a disgrace.

Some games people have come on here claiming he's the worst player ever which is uncalled for and ridiculous

It is a shame for him, as he is a solid Championship midfielder - true his pace (if he ever had any) has all but gone but it is not his fault he gets picked to play a role that he can no longer manage. I always thought instead of being playmaker, he would be better in the old role Lennon used to take up, playing just in front of the defence - less running about and allow him to clog players - that's what he's good at.

It is a shame for him, as he is a solid Championship midfielder - true his pace (if he ever had any) has all but gone but it is not his fault he gets picked to play a role that he can no longer manage. I always thought instead of being playmaker, he would be better in the old role Lennon used to take up, playing just in front of the defence - less running about and allow him to clog players - that's what he's good at.

Lennon set a standard for us that Wellens has never been able to match.

He could tackle AND pass - Wellens could only ever do the latter and recently that has more intermittent, as the cloggers and hackers of other clubs (and their managers) have sussed him out.

He's getting no younger in fairness but the slating he's had this season has been a disgrace.

Some games people have come on here claiming he's the worst player ever which is uncalled for and ridiculous

Behave. He's got off VERY lightly compared to Matt Mills, even though Mills has a better record as captain this season.

Behave. He's got off VERY lightly compared to Matt Mills, even though Mills has a better record as captain this season.

I dont care who's captain, they should all perform better. Our reason for failure is not down to Mills or Wellens or whoever is captain, its everyone!

Jobi McAnuff was Reading captain, hardly a man you'd expect first choice for that role but he had a team of players around him that all rallied together, something we didnt have so its not about records as captains....

I dont care who's captain, they should all perform better. Our reason for failure is not down to Mills or Wellens or whoever is captain, its everyone!

Jobi McAnuff was Reading captain, hardly a man you'd expect first choice for that role but he had a team of players around him that all rallied together, something we didnt have so its not about records as captains....

It is a team game all players need to be fighting for each other in the cause of winning games we didn't have that heart this season and lacking quality to break down mediocre teams.

We still have Gally ;)

not for long.

He cant wait to get as far away from the club as possible after the Clueless Foxes Fans Association abused his misses and booed him at every possible opportunity.

Archived