Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

Summer 2012 Transfer Wish List

I was talking about players like Abe, Ball, Fernandes, Mills, Johnson, Beckford and St. Ledger. Not their quality of play (which is top notch), their attitude towards playing for LCFC.

What has Ledge done wrong? Nothing that hasn't been sorted, and Beckford puts a shift in EVERY game. Mills, well we don't know what has gone on so we can't comment truthfully.

Danns playing twice?

As for Mills I really don't see him going anywhere attitude and wages will stop him going.

He really is gonna be hard to shift also I know it's not his fault but his price tag for what he has done.

Sorry if he don't get a good wage offer I think he's the type to say fvck it pay me my mega wage for fvck all.

If he had really wanted to play why did he not take the loan move to Leeds if it was true?

I agree. Mills will be difficult to get rid of. I think there might be two good options to try and shift him. One would be to loan him out short term. A month, say. If he plays well, his value will rise, and will be easier to sell. If he doesn't play well, we could just loan him out somewhere else.

The other option would be to sell him and offer to top up his wages for the remainder of his contract, i.e. pay the difference between the wage another club is willing to pay and his current contract. For example, say Leeds only want to pay him £18k a week, we could offer to pay him the extra £12k or whatever it is until the end of his current contract. I know it sounds like a lot to pay another club's player, but the alternative could be paying a player £30k a week who will never get in the first team anyway.

I was talking about players like Abe, Ball, Fernandes, Mills, Johnson, Beckford and St. Ledger. Not their quality of play (which is top notch), their attitude towards playing for LCFC.

Sorry if I've missed something.. but as far as I'm aware, Abe had a great attitude to the game and LCFC?

OT: We only need to sign one or two wingers, and someone more experienced than Schluppers to cover for Beckford and Nugent.

Pantsil is more than capable at playing RB in this league, so people who are wanting to get new RB's in are ridiculous.. we have 2 solid options already. Nothing wrong with Kasper, Konch, SSL, Morgan and Bamba at the back. Maybe have another LB as cover for Konch, as I'm not really too fond of Kennedy (atrocious awareness of his position).

Danns, Drinky, King, Wellens - All decent enough CM's.. Marshall, Gally and Dyer are perfectly capable.. Dyer has shown signs of improvement as far as I've seen, but could do with someone just as quick as him but with a better final ball. Can't fault Nugent or Beckford this season.. took Beckford a while to adapt to us, and some people think he has an attitude problem.. Honestly, he's done a good enough job for us this season, especially in the second half of the season.

Starting XI for next season doesn't need to include any new signings.

Kasper

Pelts -- Morgan -- SSL -- Konch

Marshall -- Drinky -- Danns -- Dyer/Gallagher

Nugent -- Beckford

Somebody tell me that we don't have enough quality to win the league, given that these players remain fit for the majority of the season. I dare you.

OT: We only need to sign one or two wingers, and someone more experienced than Schluppers to cover for Beckford and Nugent.

Pantsil is more than capable at playing RB in this league, so people who are wanting to get new RB's in are ridiculous.. we have 2 solid options already. Nothing wrong with Kasper, Konch, SSL, Morgan and Bamba at the back. Maybe have another LB as cover for Konch, as I'm not really too fond of Kennedy (atrocious awareness of his position).

Danns, Drinky, King, Wellens - All decent enough CM's.. Marshall, Gally and Dyer are perfectly capable.. Dyer has shown signs of improvement as far as I've seen, but could do with someone just as quick as him but with a better final ball. Can't fault Nugent or Beckford this season.. took Beckford a while to adapt to us, and some people think he has an attitude problem.. Honestly, he's done a good enough job for us this season, especially in the second half of the season.

Kasper

Nugent -- Beckford

Somebody tell me that we don't have enough quality to win the league, given that these players remain fit for the majority of the season. I dare you.

THANK YOU. Someone with sense! We don't need any big players in our squad due to the amount of immense taken we already havecat the club! We only need to inject possibly 4 players (mainly for backups and sub wingers for strength if needed). That's it. Just go for:

Hunt (Huddersfield) - plays RB, RWB, CB, RWM, RM, CM

Fryers (Man United) - plays CB, LB, LWB, LWM, CM

Vardy or Paul Taylor (rumours say he's on his way to Leicester due to contract termination/ end of and wants to stay local)

Humphrey (Motherwell) LOAN - plays RWM

Would love this next year,

4-1-2-1-2

Kasper

Clyne/Guntee Chester/Gerrard. Morgan/SSL Konchesky

Butterfield/powell

Snodgrass. Marshall/Dyer

Gallagher/Marshall

Nugent/Cox. Wood/Vardy

Subs:stledger,DD,Dyer/Gallagher,Nugent/cox, wood/Vardy!

Would absolutely love this I know it won't happen though!

THANK YOU. Someone with sense! We don't need any big players in our squad due to the amount of immense taken we already havecat the club! We only need to inject possibly 4 players (mainly for backups and sub wingers for strength if needed). That's it. Just go for:

Vardy or Paul Taylor (rumours say he's on his way to Leicester due to contract termination/ end of and wants to stay local)

Cheers FM

I just hope we don't play them out of position so they perform to an 'innefectual' or 'awkward' standard mate.

lol How people can honestly a players ability based on FM,is quite frankly baffling.

I don't have FM... These are typical buys that we should be looking for.

Seriously,how many times have you watched Fryers play for Man Utd reserves/academy to come to the conclusion that he could be any good? .......

Would love this next year,

4-1-2-1-2

Kasper

Clyne. Chester/Gerrard. Morgan. Konchesky

Butterfield/powell

Snodgrass. Marshall/Dyer

Gallagher/Marshall

Nugent/Cox. Wood/Vardy

Subs:stledger,DD,Dyer/Gallagher,Nugent/cox, wood/Vardy!

Would absolutely love this I know it won't happen though!

Clyne and Snodgrass are Premier bound

Kasper

Nugent -- Beckford

Pantsil is more than capable at playing RB in this league, so people who are wanting to get new RB's in are ridiculous.. we have 2 solid options already.

Kasper

Nugent -- Beckford

First of all RE: Peltier. He can be a liability, seems to get caught out of positioning a lot of the time, a lot like Bamba. And while we're on right backs, why do you rate Paintsil so highly? How many times have you seen him play in recent years? Pearson doesn't seem to think he's good enough based on what he sees at training. You can hardly call people that want a new first choice right back 'ridiculous'. I'd go as far as to say you're ridiculous for doing so.

Secondly, while having a decent first XI is all well and good, it turns out a lot of players get injured and suspended over the course of a 50 game season. Who'd have thought? How long was Kingy out for? Is Danns out for the season now? How long was Bamba at the ACON for? How many games have players missed through suspensions. You need more than a decent first XI.

Thirdly, what are you basing your argument that we can get promoted with basically the players we have on? We aren't promoted this season and we've been in midtable for most of it. Why would another season of exactly the same team suddenly get us promoted?

We need to buy better than we already have. There is no point buying substitutes, it just doesn't strengthen your team. While I don't want an overhaul I do believe a fair few peripheral players need to be let go and a few brought in in key positions.

Outgoings include Paintsil, Howard, maybe Vassell (I'll leave that to NP) and probably Mills.

Coming in I think we need a stand out CB that will be the first name on the team sheet as currently I don't think any of them excel. Secondly we need either a creative or strong CM partnering either Danns or Drinkwater. Next a winger, hopefully left and an improvement on Dyer who often lacks product. Finally a striker, if not an improvement on Nuge/Becks then certainly to their standard so they have some competition and there willbe 3 who all know they have a chance to start if they work hard. Wellens, Howard, Dyer, Gally can all hang around but they aren't good enough for a side seriously thinking about promotion.

Right, there, I've 'dared', your Grace.

We need to buy better than we already have. There is no point buying substitutes, it just doesn't strengthen your team. While I don't want an overhaul I do believe a fair few peripheral players need to be let go and a few brought in in key positions.

Outgoings include Paintsil, Howard, maybe Vassell (I'll leave that to NP) and probably Mills.

Coming in I think we need a stand out CB that will be the first name on the team sheet as currently I don't think any of them excel. Secondly we need either a creative or strong CM partnering either Danns or Drinkwater. Next a winger, hopefully left and an improvement on Dyer who often lacks product. Finally a striker, if not an improvement on Nuge/Becks then certainly to their standard so they have some competition and there willbe 3 who all know they have a chance to start if they work hard. Wellens, Howard, Dyer, Gally can all hang around but they aren't good enough for a side seriously thinking about promotion.

Spot on, was about to more or less say the same thing but you did it for me lol

Seriously,how many times have you watched Fryers play for Man Utd reserves/academy to come to the conclusion that he could be any good? .......

I've seen him play four/five rinse in the Prem, Cups, etc. Also, ever since I found out Drinky cane from the United reserves I thought I'll check them out and Fryers can be lethal down that flank. I think he'll come in handy to support Dyer (since he has no backup).

Archived