Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

Summer 2012 Transfer Wish List

IN (if were still in the championship)

Chester (Hull)

Stewart (Hull)

Brady (Man Utd)

Cox (WBA)

OUT

Mills

Pantsil

Tunchev

Moussa

Weale

Gallagher

Hopper (loan)

Bolger (loan)

Parkes (loan)

Byrne (loan)

Norburn (loan)

plus any other academy players who get offered for

then we have 2 good players in each position

Kasper / Logan

Peltier / Moore

Morgan / St Ledger

Chester / Bamba

Koncheskey / Kennedy

Marshall / Stewart

Drinkwater / King

Danns / Wellens

Brady / Dyer

Beckford / Cox

Nugent / Waghorn / Schlupp

Clearly it was copied from the leicester website and could not edit the list.. but we all know he HAS gone back, if you were a true leicester fan you would know hes gone back, if your being sarcastic? sarcasm doesnt suit anyone.

Yes there is a thread, and i contributed to it, however in this thread im revealing why...

As for the comments from earlier with other members saying we need 2/3 players, if we get promoted next season and sign 2/3 players at the start, then 2/3 players in the premiership... thats 4/6 players, and we still wont stay up with the core squad we have...

Don't give me Bollox about true fans I was more than likely following them before you was doing circuits in your old mans ball bag.

As much as anything I was checking he had gone unlike some I have a life too not just the foxes.

And as for your revealing why that is the idea of the thread you state who and why.

Think we have the quality, importantly the longer the group is together and the more bonds that form it will add to the spirit which has been lacking far to often this season, the more they're together, the more they will perform as a team.

Pearson signed 9 players when he first took over?

that statement needs context to give understanding of why that happened, there was a lot of rebuilding to do from a team that had been at the bottom of the division for a few years + Martin Allen & Ian Holloway had signed about 12 players each, most of them not too good 7 vastly unsuited to a promotion push.

Our forwards, Nuge, Schlupp & Beckford are capable of 20 league goals each, we just need to either persist with them striking it off together or replace one of them, we're not actually going to sign anyone better, if we do, they're potentially just different... I think we need to strengthen our options from the bench, which means a replacement for Howard.

I don't know why you're talking about who won't be good enough to handle the Premiership, if we're in this division we need to sign players who can handle this division.

Whoever is here though if they're good enough to get promoted from the top 2 of this, the toughest second flight in the world... then they're good enough to be top of the bottom half of the Prem with just a couple of additions.

QPR got promoted with ease and they went on to sign a whole new team of players who are supposedly good enough to cut it in the Premiership and they look relegation candidates (in fact they signed a whole new team again in January), whereas Swansea & Norwich kept their team together & just made a few additions

Teams evolve, they can rarely be bought... We just need to continue the evolution of this team, and we now have the manager in place who can do this

Wish more of our fans would come to terms with that ! If anyone reads this and has lots of time on their hands, jusy listen to some of the names that will be bandied around on here in the next few months (depending on how successful our Indian summer turms out to be, of course). LCFC is the only club in our eyes ..... but not in professionals' eyes. They do it to pay for their lifestyle / families and will go to the most successful clubs offering the most money. We might be able to compete to a degree on money, but we are a 2nd division team right now and have to work harder with what we've got which is already quite good and needs fine-tuning not dismantling, IMO.

why would you even question Nugent's place in the team :blink:

I'm not questioning his place at all!! The reason I put him slash vardy is purely for rotation reasons. As of late nuge has looked a little tired and it's good for competition so don't start jumping the gun

Because it is difficult to attract good players when you are ont in the prem, and you would have to pay prem wages and trasfer fees on championship budgets.

I disagree with your assessment of our 8 players that wouldn't be able to hack it in the prem, look at Norwich (a team we beat this season) they are tenth in the prem, everyone below them is average at best, they went up with players that I am sure people said couldn't hack it but they did, mainly because of good team spirit and playing as team, the same could be said for Swansea, then look at QPR, tried to buy their way to survival and are struggling, (I really want them to go down), we need a couple of new additions in the summer, to add some quality and balance to the squad, but what we need more than that is a season of playing well together to foster a sense of unity and team spirit, that will lead us to premeirship and subsequent survival more than splashing the cash now.

Swansea are 10 clear of relegation, and norwich are only 4 points above swansea???

Swansea Signings -

-Gylfi Sigurdson

-Steven Caulker

-Josh McEachren

-Lita

-Michel Vorm

-Darnel Situ

-Kemy Agustien

-David Cotteril

-Danny graham

-Federico Bessone

-wayne Routledge

-Moreira

= 12 signings...

Norwich Signings for this season-

-Ryan Bennett

-Howson

-Ayala

-Elliot Bennet

-Naughton (loan)

-Richie De Laet (Loan)

-Bradley Johnson

-Steve Morrison

-Anthony Pilkington

-Steven Smith

-James Vaughan

11 Players.

And yes qpr are playing poor, they signed a rediculous amount od players including loans..

So i ask again, your opinion is based on what?

Its obviously not based on fact.

If we took our team up and signed "2/3"players.. we would be worse off than derby a few seasons ago.. get the consistency now and take it into the premiership, because if we go up, we wont stay up... and wont have time to build..

Wishlist - 1 Right back, 2 Centre Back, 2 Wingers, 2 Central Midfields, 2 strikers.

Right Back - Chris Gunter or Sam Ricketts

Centre Back - James Chester, Paul Robinson, Carlos Cuellar or Richie De Laet

Wingers - Robbie Brady, David Templeton, Jerome Thomas or Darren Ambrose

Central Midfielders - Nick Powell, Johnnie Jackson, Jacob Butterfield or Robert Koren

Strikers - Darius Henderson, Simon Cox, Jay Bothroyd or Jamie Vardy.

Any of them will do fine.

Reasons...

Right Back - Competition for Peltier

Centre Back - Mills and Bamba could leave

Wingers - Have always needed wingers

Central Midfielders - Need to add at least one there, Wellens getting on, Drinkwater not good enough

Strikers - Nugent, Beckford and any two of the above could wreck the league

Don't give me Bollox about true fans I was more than likely following them before you was doing circuits in your old mans ball bag.

As much as anything I was checking he had gone unlike some I have a life too not just the foxes.

And as for your revealing why that is the idea of the thread you state who and why.

Someone is touchy, if your willing to try and be "smart" and "sarcastic" to entertain others, you now look plain stupid...

Just because you were around before me does not hide the fact that we are BOTH... NOT.. managers, and its a matter of opinion, clearly ours are different but there is no need to spit your dummy out over it...

And if you cant keep up with the fact that johnson has gone back to city.. why are you even commenting on my post?! have you not seen the last time he played for us?? thought you could of guessed he was either not with us, or injured, or just not good enough...

Someone is touchy, if your willing to try and be "smart" and "sarcastic" to entertain others, you now look plain stupid...

Just because you were around before me does not hide the fact that we are BOTH... NOT.. managers, and its a matter of opinion, clearly ours are different but there is no need to spit your dummy out over it...

And if you cant keep up with the fact that johnson has gone back to city.. why are you even commenting on my post?! have you not seen the last time he played for us?? thought you could of guessed he was either not with us, or injured, or just not good enough...

As I have made no comment about players other than has johnson not returned to man citeh What are you on about?

Clearly it matters not that he is injured or crap if he ain't here anymore. Anyway how long was he here from his last game till he left?

Swansea are 10 clear of relegation, and norwich are only 4 points above swansea???

Swansea Signings -

-Gylfi Sigurdson 11

-Steven Caulker 20

-Josh McEachren 1

-Lita 4

-Michel Vorm 31

-Darnel Situ 0

-Kemy Agustien 7

-David Cotteril 0

-Danny graham 26

-Federico Bessone 0

-wayne Routledge 16

-Moreira 0

= 12 signings...

Norwich Signings for this season-

-Ryan Bennett 3

-Howson 6

-Ayala 6

-Elliot Bennet 17

-Naughton (loan) 26

-Richie De Laet (Loan) 6

-Bradley Johnson 21

-Steve Morrison 21

-Anthony Pilkington 21

-Steven Smith 0

-James Vaughan 0

11 Players.

And yes qpr are playing poor, they signed a rediculous amount od players including loans..

So i ask again, your opinion is based on what?

Its obviously not based on fact.

If we took our team up and signed "2/3"players.. we would be worse off than derby a few seasons ago.. get the consistency now and take it into the premiership, because if we go up, we wont stay up... and wont have time to build..

I have put the number of league games they have started next to each player signed, you will see that the majority of the games they have played the majority of the team has been the one that got them promoted, especially in the case of Swansea.

You have also failed to specify which of them were signed in January and which ones in the summer (which as we are talking about signings in the summer, should be taken into account).

You also fail to take into account the quality of the players we currently have in the squad we need to make 2 or 3 additions in the summer and reassess, in January maybe 1 or 2 more depending on how things are going then when we get promoted 2 or 3 more, we do not need a huge influx of payers this summer.

Now I think you seem to have got a bit of sand in your vagina, so I would go and wash it out before it causes any more irritation.

In

Zaha (to exspensive/wouldnt want to)

Gael bigaramia (rival so to expensive?)

Clyne (once again hold to ransom)

Jay Rodriguez (definitely cost a lot)

Nick Powell (to young/over rated?)

Out

Peltier (never gets back to position)

Bamba (will have a heart attack if I keep watching him)

Gallagher (he's good but not quick enough)

Wellens (getting on a bit)

And then loaning out the kids e.g. Schlupp!

In

Zaha (to exspensive/wouldnt want to)

Gael bigaramia (rival so to expensive?)

Clyne (once again hold to ransom)

Jay Rodriguez (definitely cost a lot)

Nick Powell (to young/over rated?)

Out

Peltier (never gets back to position)

Bamba (will have a heart attack if I keep watching him)

Gallagher (he's good but not quick enough)

Wellens (getting on a bit)

And then loaning out the kids e.g. Schlupp!

I don't think we should loan Schlupp, for the reason that he won't grow as much of a player, and not grow into our team either (if that makes sense)

Possible Ins and Outs this summer:

Sell/Release:

Howard

Mills

Tunchev

Vassell

Weale

Logan

Pantsil

Moussa

Buy:

Hunt (Huddersfield)

Fryers (Man United)

Humphrey (Motherwell) - loan

Vardy (Fleetwood) OR

Taylor (Peterborough United) - rumours being spwen around that we're interested in him since he's refused a new contract with Posh

Also bring forward the academy players:

Schlupp

Kennedy

Moore

Hopper

Parkes

Smith

Bolger

So it'll look like this:

GK - Schmeichel, Smith

LB - Konchesky, Kennedy

CB - Bamba, Morgan, St. Ledger, Fryers, Bolger, Parkes

RB - Peltier, Hunt (can also play CB, RM, CM, CAM, RWM), Moore

LM - Dyer, Fryers (can play there), Marshall (LM, CM, RM, W)

CM - Drinkwater, Danns, King, Wellens

RM - Humphrey, Hunt, Marshall, Gallagher

ST - Nugent, Schlupp, Taylor, Vardy, Hopper (Beckford?)

Thoughts?

:)

Possible Ins and Outs this summer:

Sell/Release:

Howard

Mills

Tunchev

Vassell

Weale

Logan

Pantsil

Moussa

Buy:

Hunt (Huddersfield)

Fryers (Man United)

Humphrey (Motherwell) - loan

Vardy (Fleetwood) OR

Taylor (Peterborough United) - rumours being spwen around that we're interested in him since he's refused a new contract with Posh

Also bring forward the academy players:

Schlupp

Kennedy

Moore

Hopper

Parkes

Smith

Bolger

So it'll look like this:

GK - Schmeichel, Smith

LB - Konchesky, Kennedy

CB - Bamba, Morgan, St. Ledger, Fryers, Bolger, Parkes

RB - Peltier, Hunt (can also play CB, RM, CM, CAM, RWM), Moore

LM - Dyer, Fryers (can play there), Marshall (LM, CM, RM, W)

CM - Drinkwater, Danns, King, Wellens

RM - Humphrey, Hunt, Marshall, Gallagher

ST - Nugent, Schlupp, Taylor, Vardy, Hopper (Beckford?)

Thoughts?

:)

My thoughts are that u have lost ur mind most of them are signings for teams in the lower half of the table and since when has kennedy been acadamey he is about 24/25!?

Anthony gerrard (free)

Robert Koren (free)

Jamie Vardy

Adam hammill/Michael kightly

Harry Kane (loan)

Robbie Brady (loan)

Offer mills to wolves in return for hammill or kightly, sell a couple of fringe players, to add to those released = no big transfer outlay, far reduced wage bill overall. Progress.

Can't understand why people are suggesting we need a replacement for Peltier, I think he's had a decent season.

As for signings, maybe look at Snodgrass, Chris Wood, Adam Clayton or Lewis McGugan, Simon Cox, Nicky Plateneur.

Also worth looking at the teams who go up, but have to make some space for new signings.......is it Chaplow from Southampton?

Always worth having a look at the Portsmouth jumble sale. Norris, Mullins?

Can't understand why people are suggesting we need a replacement for Peltier, I think he's had a decent season.

As for signings, maybe look at Snodgrass, Chris Wood, Adam Clayton or Lewis McGugan, Simon Cox, Nicky Plateneur.

Also worth looking at the teams who go up, but have to make some space for new signings.......is it Chaplow from Southampton?

Always worth having a look at the Portsmouth jumble sale. Norris, Mullins?

I agree about peltier. Think he plays better when Marshall is in the team as oppose to gally. Gallagher doesn't hug the line and tends to get lost in the middle of the park, this means peltier has to push all the way forward a lot of the time meaning he is leaving gaps behind him. Think that is some peoples problem with him that he is out of position a lot

My thoughts are that u have lost ur mind most of them are signings for teams in the lower half of the table and since when has kennedy been acadamey he is about 24/25!?

Look at Pearson's signings, especially Ben Marshall. Would you have thought we'd grab him and he'll gave a major impact to the team? These are the signings we should be aiming for, not any massive/big ego players. You gotta think like Pearson and those names I've listed are typical of his criteria of interest.

I agree about peltier. Think he plays better when Marshall is in the team as oppose to gally. Gallagher doesn't hug the line and tends to get lost in the middle of the park, this means peltier has to push all the way forward a lot of the time meaning he is leaving gaps behind him. Think that is some peoples problem with him that he is out of position a lot

There is a plus to having Gally cutting in... it creates room for Peltier to overlap & you get the extra body in the middle where we're sometimes over-ran.

On the other wing we have Dyer who hugs the line, which adds width to stretch the opposition, and that suits Konch, as he's the one who like cutting-in

It's all about balance which is why the best players don't always make the best team.

Naughton got up on the overlap well, but importantly he generally got back well too.

There is a plus to having Gally cutting in... it creates room for Peltier to overlap & you get the extra body in the middle where we're sometimes over-ran.

On the other wing we have Dyer who hugs the line, which adds width to stretch the opposition, and that suits Konch, as he's the one who like cutting-in

It's all about balance which is why the best players don't always make the best team.

Naughton got up on the overlap well, but importantly he generally got back well too.

yeah I agree u need balance, he's been quite good imo though

Archived