Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

Summer 2012 Transfer Wish List

In:

Chris wood Tm

Jamie Vardy St

Matt Phillips Winger

Powell Cm

Butterfield Cm

Clyne RB

Chester Cb

Smithies Back up Gk?

That's my wish list although I don't know whether we need a back up goalie?

I'd say some realistic targets on there in fairness although Chester/Phillips may be overpriced

In:

Chris wood Tm

Jamie Vardy St

Matt Phillips Winger

Powell Cm

Butterfield Cm

Clyne RB

Chester Cb

Smithies Back up Gk?

That's my wish list although I don't know whether we need a back up goalie?

I think we do but I think smithies is too good to be a backup keeper

Bit different from last season, names of Hardgreaves, Owen, Henry 1 foxestalk member even fell out with me when I said Beckham would turn down a move to Leicester lol

Would be very interested in seeing what Vardy can do if we end up signing him. Think Chester will be a good signing too not that bothered about another winger right now been happy recently with Marshall and Dyer

When pearson took over he signed was it around 9 players? and once he got a good pre season into them, with his technical style, they seem to gel to his play, he will only sign players capable of playing to his style.....

The reason i think we need to start fresh is...

-The team for me has a few individuals who so far have not backed up their egos...

- We say "We dont need to sign 10 players we have a good team that can achieve promotion now"

So basically we sign 2/3 good players, then we have the following team for a premiership season (If we got promoted)

1 Kasper Schmeichel Goalkeeper 2 Lee Peltier Defender 3 Paul Konchesky Defender 4 John Pantsil Defender 5 Matt Mills Defender 6 Souleymane Bamba Defender 7 Paul Gallagher Striker 9 Steve Howard Striker 10 Andy King Midfielder 11 Lloyd Dyer Midfielder 12 Sean St. Ledger Defender 13 Darius Vassell Striker 16 Daniel Drinkwater Midfielder 17 Michael Johnson Midfielder 19 Richie Wellens Midfielder 20 Jermaine Beckford Striker 21 Chris Weale Goalkeeper 22 Ben Marshall Striker 23 Neil Danns Midfielder 26 Wes Morgan Defender 27 Jeffery Schlupp Midfielder 30 Tom Kennedy Defender 31 Adam Smith 34 Liam Moore Defender 35 David Nugent Striker 36 George Taft 37 Tom Hopper Shane Byrne Midfielder shim.gifshim.gifshim.gif

And heres a list of those players that will be in the pocket of every prem team in the league...

Not good enough:

peltier

gallagher

dyer (Fringe - Late sub?)

Vassell

howard

wellens

weale

Bamba - Could be good enough but if he carries on with his dodgy berbatov approach, he will get murdered.

Then the youth players who need more time to be good in that league (if they were going to be good enough in the prem in a year, they would be week in week out now.)

So there are 8 players who i dont think could handle the premiership well enough to be successful, maybe a few of the individuals on the list could crack it, but to have 8 of them who "could" i dont wouldnt wanna risk it...

So.. we need players, so why do what every other team do and spend big when they get to the premiership, why dont we spend big pre season and work on getting some gelling in early (Like the 09/10 season) and have a team that we dont need 10 players added just to stay up!

I would rather grind out results to get promoted then have a settled team, than to have a settled team for promotion but then have to grind out results in the premiership!

Just a thought..

People seem to be wanting to sign too many players which would cause a whole bedding in period again.

I don't think massive overhaul is needed but to be good enough to achieve 85+pts there is some tweaking to do.

IMO we need

• big man to come off the bench for when we need to mix it up,
  • a fast winger,
  • a right back
  • reserve keeper.

It's just as important who leaves as who comes in, as this season it's not ability that's been the problem, but attitude.

Kevin Philips is a must though, just so the bastard can't score past us :P

I agree with this. I would say we might want to look for a defensive central midfielder, as well, though. I'd certainly say we shouldn't be expecting too many changes this summer. It won't be anything like the number of new players we brought in last summer. I agree that the squad just needs a few minor adjustments rather than another major overhaul.

I'm sure any players on high wages who aren't getting a look in like Mills and Pantsil will be leaving, and maybe a few more who we will be replacing.

I hope we can get a few more young players like Marshall and Drinkwater in, and I can't see any reason why we shouldn't be able to.

Think we have the quality, importantly the longer the group is together and the more bonds that form it will add to the spirit which has been lacking far to often this season, the more they're together, the more they will perform as a team.

Pearson signed 9 players when he first took over?

that statement needs context to give understanding of why that happened, there was a lot of rebuilding to do from a team that had been at the bottom of the division for a few years + Martin Allen & Ian Holloway had signed about 12 players each, most of them not too good 7 vastly unsuited to a promotion push.

Our forwards, Nuge, Schlupp & Beckford are capable of 20 league goals each, we just need to either persist with them striking it off together or replace one of them, we're not actually going to sign anyone better, if we do, they're potentially just different... I think we need to strengthen our options from the bench, which means a replacement for Howard.

I don't know why you're talking about who won't be good enough to handle the Premiership, if we're in this division we need to sign players who can handle this division.

Whoever is here though if they're good enough to get promoted from the top 2 of this, the toughest second flight in the world... then they're good enough to be top of the bottom half of the Prem with just a couple of additions.

QPR got promoted with ease and they went on to sign a whole new team of players who are supposedly good enough to cut it in the Premiership and they look relegation candidates (in fact they signed a whole new team again in January), whereas Swansea & Norwich kept their team together & just made a few additions

Teams evolve, they can rarely be bought... We just need to continue the evolution of this team, and we now have the manager in place who can do this

Not sure why everyone raves about Cameron Stewart.... Im not denying he'd be a decent signing but we'd probably have to pay silly price for a guy thats been ok at best this season. Hull have dropped him a few times and he's scored 1 league goal.... Dyer/Gally and Marshall have all scored more!

When pearson took over he signed was it around 9 players? and once he got a good pre season into them, with his technical style, they seem to gel to his play, he will only sign players capable of playing to his style.....

The reason i think we need to start fresh is...

-The team for me has a few individuals who so far have not backed up their egos...

- We say "We dont need to sign 10 players we have a good team that can achieve promotion now"

So basically we sign 2/3 good players, then we have the following team for a premiership season (If we got promoted)

1 Kasper Schmeichel Goalkeeper 2 Lee Peltier Defender 3 Paul Konchesky Defender 4 John Pantsil Defender 5 Matt Mills Defender 6 Souleymane Bamba Defender 7 Paul Gallagher Striker 9 Steve Howard Striker 10 Andy King Midfielder 11 Lloyd Dyer Midfielder 12 Sean St. Ledger Defender 13 Darius Vassell Striker 16 Daniel Drinkwater Midfielder 17 Michael Johnson Midfielder 19 Richie Wellens Midfielder 20 Jermaine Beckford Striker 21 Chris Weale Goalkeeper 22 Ben Marshall Striker 23 Neil Danns Midfielder 26 Wes Morgan Defender 27 Jeffery Schlupp Midfielder 30 Tom Kennedy Defender 31 Adam Smith 34 Liam Moore Defender 35 David Nugent Striker 36 George Taft 37 Tom Hopper Shane Byrne Midfielder shim.gifshim.gifshim.gif

And heres a list of those players that will be in the pocket of every prem team in the league...

Not good enough:

peltier

gallagher

dyer (Fringe - Late sub?)

Vassell

howard

wellens

weale

Bamba - Could be good enough but if he carries on with his dodgy berbatov approach, he will get murdered.

Then the youth players who need more time to be good in that league (if they were going to be good enough in the prem in a year, they would be week in week out now.)

So there are 8 players who i dont think could handle the premiership well enough to be successful, maybe a few of the individuals on the list could crack it, but to have 8 of them who "could" i dont wouldnt wanna risk it...

So.. we need players, so why do what every other team do and spend big when they get to the premiership, why dont we spend big pre season and work on getting some gelling in early (Like the 09/10 season) and have a team that we dont need 10 players added just to stay up!

Because it is difficult to attract good players when you are ont in the prem, and you would have to pay prem wages and trasfer fees on championship budgets.

I disagree with your assessment of our 8 players that wouldn't be able to hack it in the prem, look at Norwich (a team we beat this season) they are tenth in the prem, everyone below them is average at best, they went up with players that I am sure people said couldn't hack it but they did, mainly because of good team spirit and playing as team, the same could be said for Swansea, then look at QPR, tried to buy their way to survival and are struggling, (I really want them to go down), we need a couple of new additions in the summer, to add some quality and balance to the squad, but what we need more than that is a season of playing well together to foster a sense of unity and team spirit, that will lead us to premeirship and subsequent survival more than splashing the cash now.

Assuming we don't go up...

The last thing we need to do is to go on a big spending spree bringing in a host of players. Inconsistency has been our problem this season and last - both of which has seen a huge number of players coming in which I don't think is a co-incidence. Clubs such as Norwich and Southampton who have had recent success achieve this by allowing a squad to improve and develop organically.

I think with the addition of 2-3 players, and sticking with with Pearson we will be there or thereabouts next season.

WOW and no one has said will it not matter if we go up that we should be looking for better players.

I really don't think we can do it but should this have not waited. Say Dull manage the play off's and go up do we really think any of them would join us then?

In

Chester

Stewart

Boyd (Peterborough) ( on a free )

Vardy

Out

Bamba

Howard

Gally

Tunch

beckford

Therefore squad next year

Kasper

Peltier

Chester

Morgan

Konchesky

Danns

King

Drinkwater

Stewart

Nuge/vardy

Marshall

Subs

St ledger

Schlupp

Wellens

Boyd

Dyer

IMO a full pre season together and that team in a 451 or 433 whichever you see it could be very very dangerous. We don't need a massive overhaul, we just need to bring in quick direct players ie Stewart and vardy and some creativity ie Boyd who is on a free at the end of the season. Thoughts?

Is this serious?

Because it's near suicide!

Let's step back and see what happens to West Ham if they fail to go up this season.

Has johnson not gone back to man citeh then ?

Oh and second point do we not have a thread for players to sign for nxt season ?

Clearly it was copied from the leicester website and could not edit the list.. but we all know he HAS gone back, if you were a true leicester fan you would know hes gone back, if your being sarcastic? sarcasm doesnt suit anyone.

Yes there is a thread, and i contributed to it, however in this thread im revealing why...

As for the comments from earlier with other members saying we need 2/3 players, if we get promoted next season and sign 2/3 players at the start, then 2/3 players in the premiership... thats 4/6 players, and we still wont stay up with the core squad we have...

In

Chester

Stewart

Boyd (Peterborough) ( on a free )

Vardy

Out

Bamba

Howard

Gally

Tunch

beckford

Therefore squad next year

Kasper

Peltier

Chester

Morgan

Konchesky

Danns

King

Drinkwater

Stewart

Nuge/vardy

Marshall

Subs

St ledger

Schlupp

Wellens

Boyd

Dyer

IMO a full pre season together and that team in a 451 or 433 whichever you see it could be very very dangerous. We don't need a massive overhaul, we just need to bring in quick direct players ie Stewart and vardy and some creativity ie Boyd who is on a free at the end of the season. Thoughts?

why would you even question Nugent's place in the team :blink:

Archived