Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurnbyLodgeFox

Summer 2012 Transfer Wish List

With the lack on inconsistency this season, it is clear that we need to improve somewhere on the field. I just wondered who you guys would like to see us sign. Personally, I think we need a new RB, a couple of CM's and a big target man upfront. I'd like to see us go for Faurlin at QPR. Been out injured and will probably not get a look in after Hughes has had a summer transfer window, so might be worth a bid. I wouldn't mind us signing Gunter at Forest or Clyne from Palace. The target man I'd like to see brought in would be Futacs from Portsmouth. We should be able to sign him as Portsmouth are 99% going down. I'd like to see us go for someone like Powell or Butterfield as the other midfielder, but they will probably go to Premiership clubs, so if we fail there, Matt Phillips at Blackpool. Young and promising winger which could provide the width that we've lacked for many years.

Just a thought

Definitely think Matt Phillips would be a great signing. James Chester from dull, possibly Cameron Stewart as well. Jamie vardy on the cheap. Jamie o'hara if possible. Matt Richie from Swindon, Jordan Rhodes (unlikely). Obviously we wouldn't need all of these but they would be on my list

With the lack on inconsistency this season, it is clear that we need to improve somewhere on the field. I just wondered who you guys would like to see us sign. Personally, I think we need a new RB, a couple of CM's and a big target man upfront. I'd like to see us go for Faurlin at QPR. Been out injured and will probably not get a look in after Hughes has had a summer transfer window, so might be worth a bid. I wouldn't mind us signing Gunter at Forest or Clyne from Palace. The target man I'd like to see brought in would be Futacs from Portsmouth. We should be able to sign him as Portsmouth are 99% going down. I'd like to see us go for someone like Powell or Butterfield as the other midfielder, but they will probably go to Premiership clubs, so if we fail there, Matt Phillips at Blackpool. Young and promising winger which could provide the width that we've lacked for many years.

Just a thought

He was arguably their best player before he got injured, why would they let him go?

Futacs can't get in the Pompey team either, you are basing your judgement on 1 game. Other than that I'd happily take, Gunter, Clyne, Powell, Butterfield and Phillips.

He was arguably their best player before he got injured, why would they let him go?

Futacs can't get in the Pompey team either, you are basing your judgement on 1 game. Other than that I'd happily take, Gunter, Clyne, Powell, Butterfield and Phillips.

it's my opinion

it's my opinion, isn't that allowed anymore?

I don't get why people get defensive about stuff like this, course you're allowed to have an opinion but of course Simo is allowed to tell you it's a load of cack at the same time. He's also allowed an opinion.

Faurlin could easily play for many prem teams and although I'd prefer Futacs to Howard there must be a reason he isn't getting the game time at struggling Pompey.

EDIT: Unless he's unbelievably good and they dont play him to ward off interest because he will guarantee a return to the championship next season....

I honestly dont think we need to go crazy in the summer. Lets finish this season on a high, get everyone fit and raring to go next season.

Cameron Stewart would be an awesome addition to the squad and I think we could do with a little bit of back up at right back and up front.

I don't get why people get defensive about stuff like this, course you're allowed to have an opinion but of course Simo is allowed to tell you it's a load of cack at the same time. He's also allowed an opinion.

Faurlin could easily play for many prem teams and although I'd prefer Futacs to Howard there must be a reason he isn't getting the game time at struggling Pompey.

EDIT: Unless he's unbelievably good and they dont play him to ward off interest because he will guarantee a return to the championship next season....

Cheers bmt couldn't have put that better

Spot on! TLF, don't be so fvckin sensitive.

McGugan would be worth a go as I think he's out of contract this summer? A good option for the wing/central midfield.

Definitely a target man...would I be alone thinking that Piquionne would be a good signing? Not needed at West Ham, he was quick on Saturday and has been good in the air all season; our missing attacking option is a head to go up when we cross into the box...

Guest BlueBrett

I think Nzonzi was linked with a £10m move to Germany in January

Yh think I heard Liverpool interested as well! Plus I'd obviously be relying on Blackburn going down. Still, think he's the kind of player we should be looking at - young and in the Yaya mould to give us some power in the middle. While I rate Danns, Drinky and Wellens they haven't got a biceps between them.

People seem to be wanting to sign too many players which would cause a whole bedding in period again.

I don't think massive overhaul is needed but to be good enough to achieve 85+pts there is some tweaking to do.

IMO we need

• big man to come off the bench for when we need to mix it up,
  • a fast winger,
  • a right back
  • reserve keeper.

It's just as important who leaves as who comes in, as this season it's not ability that's been the problem, but attitude.

Kevin Philips is a must though, just so the bastard can't score past us :P

Definitely think Matt Phillips would be a great signing. James Chester from dull, possibly Cameron Stewart as well. Jamie vardy on the cheap. Jamie o'hara if possible. Matt Richie from Swindon, Jordan Rhodes (unlikely). Obviously we wouldn't need all of these but they would be on my list

Oh and either josh mceachran or oriol Romeu on loan

Dont see how we'll get players like Cameron Stewart, James Chester, Matt Phillips, Jordan Rhodes etc unless we pay HUGE amounts.

We need to look at the Drinkwater/Marshall roads, good cheaper young players.

Matt Ritchie is good but think we should be aiming higher....

Chris Taylor at Oldham is better than Ritchie

Archived