Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bluefox

Steve Lovell

Have you seen him play, Shen? If so, then maybe your comment would have some credence.

134464[/snapback]

I've not seen him play no. His scoring record doesn't impress me. His reputation doesn't impress me. We knew Maybury had a good reputation, and MDV had a scoring record. I knew of Stephen Hughes before we got him, while Kisnorbo comes with an uncertain reputation. Lovell picks up his fair share of cards as well according to statistics.

But in all fairness, my comment is as credible as any others in this thread! I'm just not buying into this blind optimism every time...

134478[/snapback]

What is his record apart from last season?

134483[/snapback]

Look here

http://www.leicestercity-mad.co.uk/news/lo...=TMNW&id=229082

38 goals from 104 starts. Averages a goal every 2.736 games.

Am I the only one to think this is one of his very mediocre signings?...

That's IF he signs of course...

134410[/snapback]

I don't think so, only time will tell. It will obviously depend on how much we've paid for him. He has a fairly good record, he's young and he's English.

One thing I want to know is what style of striker is he, we desperately need pace upfront.

I was under the impression that we would be seeing an unknown european striker signing for us, not sure what happened to that.

134422[/snapback]

Doesn't the fact that he's English, plays up front and nobody's heard of him make him fit your bill exactly?

134410[/snapback]

For goodness sake what do you expect???? We don't have money and can't offer much in wages. Get real.

If the guys name was Pieres and we got him from french 2nd division everyone would be wanking over him just cus he sounds a bit fancy.

134442[/snapback]

:D:D:D

I bet there's a few holes in pockets under the tables at work!!!!

Look guys, i really don't think there is any point in trying to judge him before he even kicks a ball in a leicester shirt. I don't think a goal scoring record in Scots prem means owt. Apart from the two daddies, the rest of teams our pretty poor and you and i could probably score against em! Fingers crossed CL knows what he's doing and we've stumbled on a jackpot! I'm just still nervous about MDV, will he perform, won't he??? NObody knows....

134410[/snapback]

I don't think so, only time will tell. It will obviously depend on how much we've paid for him. He has a fairly good record, he's young and he's English.

One thing I want to know is what style of striker is he, we desperately need pace upfront.

I was under the impression that we would be seeing an unknown european striker signing for us, not sure what happened to that.

134422[/snapback]

Doesn't the fact that he's English, plays up front and nobody's heard of him make him fit your bill exactly?

134505[/snapback]

He does fit my bill, I never said he didn't. I was just saying that MB had advised us that we were close to signing a foreign striker. I wonder what happened to that?

He's astonishingly fast, which sometimes causes defenders to panic. They think they've loads of time on the ball, then suddenly he's harrassing them. Gets a few penalties that way, nicking the ball off a defenders who then swipes him down. Decent control, and not a bad finisher IMO.

The classic Lovell goal was last December against Celtic. He chased a nothing ball which was going through for the keeper and a defender to clear up. He arrived so fast he took them by surprise, won the ball, then lobbed the covering defender from a very narrow angle to give us a point in a 2-2 draw. He scored the other goal too.

This is what a Dundee fans says about Lovell. :D

He's astonishingly fast, which sometimes causes defenders to panic. They think they've loads of time on the ball, then suddenly he's harrassing them. Gets a few penalties that way, nicking the ball off a defenders who then swipes him down. Decent control, and not a bad finisher IMO.

The classic Lovell goal was last December against Celtic. He chased a nothing ball which was going through for the keeper and a defender to clear up. He arrived so fast he took them by surprise, won the ball, then lobbed the covering defender from a very narrow angle to give us a point in a 2-2 draw. He scored the other goal too.

This is what a Dundee fans says about Lovell. :D

134604[/snapback]

sounds like another pikey andy johnson to me!

Full Name: Steve Lovell

Position: Forward

Squad Number: 9

Nationality: English

Jim Duffy went back to his former club, Portsmouth, to sign the young striker who has considerable pace and physical presence. Two footed and strong Steve relished getting regular first team football in Scotland. He was signed by Portsmouth for £250,000 from Bournemouth and spent spells on loan at Exeter, Sheffield United, and just before joining Dundee, QPR. He'd actually just started a three month loan at Loftus Road when Jim Duffy stepped in to bring him to Dens. He ended season 2002-2003 as top scorer and scored Dundee's first UEFA Cup goal in 29 years when he pounced to strike in Albania as 2003-2004 started.

That season though was injury blighted for the forward, although those who were there will take a long time to forget a memorable derby winner from the bustling Englishman. Steve is the club‘s top scorer so far this season and scored his first ever senior hat-trick in a league cup win over Forfar at Dens in August.

Born: 06.12.80

Birthplace: Amersham

Joined Dundee: 23.08.02

Height: 6’ 0â€Â

Weight: 12st 11lb

Says he has pace!!

Full Name: Steve Lovell

Position: Forward

Squad Number: 9

Nationality: English

Jim Duffy went back to his former club, Portsmouth, to sign the young striker who has considerable pace and physical presence. Two footed and strong Steve relished getting regular first team football in Scotland. He was signed by Portsmouth for £250,000 from Bournemouth and spent spells on loan at Exeter, Sheffield United, and just before joining Dundee, QPR. He'd actually just started a three month loan at Loftus Road when Jim Duffy stepped in to bring him to Dens. He ended season 2002-2003 as top scorer and scored Dundee's first UEFA Cup goal in 29 years when he pounced to strike in Albania as 2003-2004 started.

That season though was injury blighted for the forward, although those who were there will take a long time to forget a memorable derby winner from the bustling Englishman. Steve is the club‘s top scorer so far this season and scored his first ever senior hat-trick in a league cup win over Forfar at Dens in August.

Born: 06.12.80

Birthplace: Amersham

Joined Dundee: 23.08.02

Height: 6’ 0â€Â

Weight: 12st 11lb

Says he has pace!!

134613[/snapback]

Some one to keep Morris company???????

Hospital%20Scene.jpg

Have you seen him play, Shen? If so, then maybe your comment would have some credence.

134464[/snapback]

I've not seen him play no. His scoring record doesn't impress me. His reputation doesn't impress me. We knew Maybury had a good reputation, and MDV had a scoring record. I knew of Stephen Hughes before we got him, while Kisnorbo comes with an uncertain reputation. Lovell picks up his fair share of cards as well according to statistics.

But in all fairness, my comment is as credible as any others in this thread! I'm just not buying into this blind optimism every time...

134478[/snapback]

No one is judging how good he is (yet), whereas you've stated that you feel he'll be a mediocre signing without actually watching him play. You can't justify your view by reputation alone.

134494[/snapback]

And exactly what is the difference between me thinking he'll be a mediocre signing whereas others think he'll be good/promising?... And no I can't justify my view without having seen him play, but that doesn't stop me having a view nonetheless... I feel you're being slightly hypocritical... :huh:

I have to admit that I haven't heard much about this guy and haven't seen him play. However, Levein knows a lot of talented players in Scotland due to managing Hearts.

Who had ever heard of Stephen Hughes or Paddy McCarthy before they came to the club? I for one had'nt. But they have turned out to be two of our best players, so I am trusting Levein on this signing, because he has got it spot on the last few times.

134464[/snapback]

134478[/snapback]

No one is judging how good he is (yet), whereas you've stated that you feel he'll be a mediocre signing without actually watching him play. You can't justify your view by reputation alone.

134494[/snapback]

And exactly what is the difference between me thinking he'll be a mediocre signing whereas others think he'll be good/promising?... And no I can't justify my view without having seen him play, but that doesn't stop me having a view nonetheless... I feel you're being slightly hypocritical... :huh:

134654[/snapback]

How can that be when I've not made a judgement on him?

As for your first point, you're insisting that Lovell will be a mediocre signing, without really fully explaning why. His goalscoring record is fairly respectable at Dundee, where he's been at for the last 3 years.

True, alot of people who have said he seems promising probably haven't seen him play, however, saying that he'll be mediocre just because his reputation doesn't impress you (Supposedly unimpressive scoring rate/picks up plenty of bookings) doesn't justify your point. Although, I'm not saying you can't have your view, far from it. I'm just debating it.

Before I read that Dundee fans view I was not that excited about the signing like Shen, however if he is like what that fan said then I'm very excited indeed.

We need pace and determination upfront and hopefully he can give us that.

Before I read that Dundee fans view I was not that excited about the signing like Shen, however if he is like what that fan said then I'm very excited indeed.

We need pace and determination upfront and hopefully he can give us that.

134664[/snapback]

Don't read too much into the fans view though.... lots of people thought Jordan Stewart was brilliant. :ermm:

134410[/snapback]

For goodness sake what do you expect???? We don't have money and can't offer much in wages. Get real.

If the guys name was Pieres and we got him from french 2nd division everyone would be wanking over him just cus he sounds a bit fancy.

134442[/snapback]

sounds like a joke but its true :rolleyes:

I think i will wait and see how he performs in pre-season then make my judgements. But i think CL does have a good eye for players (hughes, maybury) and knows whether they will fit into the team. It wil be interesting to see how he performs in the next few weeks, subject to him passing a medical of course.

Archived