Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Playoff final crowd.

Still baffles me our attendance v Cardiff in that semi. It was embarrassing and it was the biggest anti-climax I've ever had supporting us.

I think it was more to do with a piss up by the club over tickets. I'm sure they were released late and there was some stupid rule where you could only buy 2 tickets per person or something of the sort?

Some of our home games this season live on Sky had a half empty stadium.

Embarrasing.

We never had a half empty stadium all season in the league as we never dropped under 16500

As to it being embarrassing why do you expect a full ground for a mid table championship match that is televised live. Especially during a recession with ticket prices being too high for the standard of football.

Not one team in the championship would have had a nearly full ground for this whilst sitting in mid table I really don't know what is wrong with some people constantly bashing our support. It stands up against anyone's given the prices and 8 yrs out of the top flight.

I remember standing in the kop in the 80's when we were in a similar league position for a saturday 3pm game with 7 or 8000 as the regular attendance and prices were a lot cheaper.

If we get a winning side we will get bigger crowds the same as any other team in the world. 32000 won't turn up to watch mediocre 2nd tier football at Leicester, especially when it's on telly !

We would sell out our allocation for a Play Off Final, there are so many plastic Leicester fans who live in the South like me who can't afford to regularly make it to Leicester but would for a shorter distance trip to Wembley. Even with Blackpool's attendance yesterday I knew people who were sat in the Blackpool end who have never seen a Blackpool game in their lives. We are massive

We never had a half empty stadium all season in the league as we never dropped under 16500

As to it being embarrassing why do you expect a full ground for a mid table championship match that is televised live. Especially during a recession with ticket prices being too high for the standard of football.

Not one team in the championship would have had a nearly full ground for this whilst sitting in mid table I really don't know what is wrong with some people constantly bashing our support. It stands up against anyone's given the prices and 8 yrs out of the top flight.

I remember standing in the kop in the 80's when we were in a similar league position for a saturday 3pm game with 7 or 8000 as the regular attendance and prices were a lot cheaper.

If we get a winning side we will get bigger crowds the same as any other team in the world. 32000 won't turn up to watch mediocre 2nd tier football at Leicester, especially when it's on telly !

The most sensible post I have read in ages. :trumpet: :trumpet: :trumpet: :trumpet:

It's no surprise thatthey din't sell out. They dont get huge gates but thats not to say that they arent well supported by those that do attend. For away days I would rather have a smaller but more vociferous crowd than a larger cowd full of plastics on a day out.

Why are people complaining about us not selling out the Walkers for the semi final vs Cardiff City? Didn't anybody notice that practically all of the stadiums for this years play-offs were not sold out? Not even close in a lot of cases.

We'd sell 50k easily. Especially if its against prestigious opposition.

Im from Blackpool and hate them with a passion but in all fairness you cant really compare the dedication of West Ham and Blackpool fans.

one side has a 25minute tube journey, for £6 whilst the other has either a 6.5 hour coach journey for £35 or a 2.5 hour train journey for £80. One has a bigger fan base and bigger stadium bringing in greater support than the other. One side only went to Wembley 2 years ago and therefore lose the "fans" that go for the novelty (every club has them)

Its disappointing to see empty seats but in relation to the above points and the cost of a day out which most fans experienced 2 years ago, its understandable.

How can you be from a town and yet hate their team with a passion??

Also, while I take your points on board about the fanbase difference (poles apart of course), plus cost differences to the West Ham fans re ease of getting to Wembley et al when compared to their far flung opponents yesterday (geographically speaking), all the same you'd think just as many would make the trip down from Lancashire as a special day occasion all over again to what they did in 2010...........even though it was only yesterday, effectively speaking and even if there were a lot of "novelty supporters" there in tangerine (so to speak) last time two years ago! After all their chance for such an occasion as yesterday may not come around again for some time. I personally think that was Blackpool's last chance for some time for success when you see how tough and competitive the Championship's going to be next season. Alas, maybe it is that people are that much harder up than they were two years ago from a Blackpool perspective......and instead many of them opted to stay at home and watch it on TV, with the Champions League final to follow on in a double bill sense perhaps. Either that or maybe some Blackpool-ites had foresight and knew they were going to lose??!.

I think it was more to do with a piss up by the club over tickets. I'm sure they were released late and there was some stupid rule where you could only buy 2 tickets per person or something of the sort?

Because of where I live these days I couldn't get up to the Cardiff play off semi at home two years ago (and stood no chance with the 2nd leg away game in Cardiff re getting a gold dust ticket!) but half the time the powers that be (re supporters ticket allocation at home) seem to assume that every available ticket is going to be snapped up there, even though the game in question is being televised! Then more often than not they're left with egg on their faces - a la the aforementioned Cardiff home game! It's not anywhere near as embarrassing as seeing empty seats aplenty in the corporate areas at big Wembley games though (the recent example being the FA Cup final two weekends ago), a game that is supposed to be a total sell out every year without fail. This is after many fans have been flatly refused tickets for these selfish snobs to come and go as they please (or not even bother turning up at all)! Wimbledon's exactly the same syndrome of course for the tennis.

Ok you got me. Our fans are the best in the world.

Ok you got me. Our fans are the best in the world.

I didn't say we were the best in the world, but we are certainly not embarrassing like you suggested earlier.

Averaging 22 to 23k whilst middle of the championship after 8 years outside the top flight is more than a lot of teams could dream of and pretty good in my opinion . If you think we should be packing 30000 plus in each week whilst being 8th to 14th all season you are living in fantasy land.

As above our crowds are as good as anyone's considering some of the tripe served up over the past 10 years or so, with a few exceptions.

Coupled with high prices, raised and dashed expectations and more games on TV i don't think the club can complain. Plus our away following is among the best in the division.

As for wembley, of course we'd sell out our allocation easily. Always have done from memory, even nicking Blackburn's unsold tickets in 1992 i think it was.

Archived