Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Al-aLondon-Foxile

Playoff final crowd.

I know Blackpool didn't sell out, which is poor, but I hate that some of our fans seem to 'look down' on other clubs' support, just because we have a good following,... Remember, we are the only professional club in Leicestershire, where as teams such as Blackpool (a town as well) are in a location which is probably tougher to attract fans; Blackburn and Bolton have been in the top flight for years, Wigan are progressing, Preston are fairly big, Burnley are a solid Championship club and then down the road lies Manchester which includes two of the best teams within the Country, and just further Liverpool and Everton.

(Not having a go at this particular thread like, just around other threads).

Guest parky0607

Im from Blackpool and hate them with a passion but in all fairness you cant really compare the dedication of West Ham and Blackpool fans.

one side has a 25minute tube journey, for £6 whilst the other has either a 6.5 hour coach journey for £35 or a 2.5 hour train journey for £80. One has a bigger fan base and bigger stadium bringing in greater support than the other. One side only went to Wembley 2 years ago and therefore lose the "fans" that go for the novelty (every club has them)

Its disappointing to see empty seats but in relation to the above points and the cost of a day out which most fans experienced 2 years ago, its understandable.

Bristol Rovers sold 44k for a League 2 play off a few years back.

I have no idea if that's relevant to this thread but I thought I'd let you know that's the most one side has ever taken to the new Wembley. And that was a sell out of their allocation.

I'd assume we'd take more than them. So 45k+ if we were able to. Probably.

Then again weren't there empty seats at the Cardiff home game in 2010? Edit - didn't read the post above. Yes then.

if we can sell 32k for scunthorpe for a l1 trophy then yeah sure we can sell out 40k plus for a play-off final. but that doesn't make them city fans, our allocation for blackburn was 38k and we sold them no problem, but i know for a fact that half my primary school went and that included fans of the fword up the road, spurs fans who to this day havent seen whl, united, everton etc and i hate that fact.

maybe blackpool isn't full of people wanting a day out at wembley when it's not their club.

I know Blackpool didn't sell out, which is poor, but I hate that some of our fans seem to 'look down' on other clubs' support, just because we have a good following,... Remember, we are the only professional club in Leicestershire, where as teams such as Blackpool (a town as well) are in a location which is probably tougher to attract fans; Blackburn and Bolton have been in the top flight for years, Wigan are progressing, Preston are fairly big, Burnley are a solid Championship club and then down the road lies Manchester which includes two of the best teams within the Country, and just further Liverpool and Everton.

(Not having a go at this particular thread like, just around other threads).

Im from Blackpool and hate them with a passion but in all fairness you cant really compare the dedication of West Ham and Blackpool fans.

one side has a 25minute tube journey, for £6 whilst the other has either a 6.5 hour coach journey for £35 or a 2.5 hour train journey for £80. One has a bigger fan base and bigger stadium bringing in greater support than the other. One side only went to Wembley 2 years ago and therefore lose the "fans" that go for the novelty (every club has them)

Its disappointing to see empty seats but in relation to the above points and the cost of a day out which most fans experienced 2 years ago, its understandable.

Good points here.

Blackpool are hardly a massive club, they don't really have the potential to have that many fans. It's the same with Wigan, yeh their ground is never full, but it's not their fault that their ground is too big for them.

We didn't even sell out our ground when we played Cardiff at home in the semi's...

Bit of a ridiculous statement considering people have already said in this thread that we've always sold our allocation for Wembley games.

Part of the reason we didn't sell-out was because tickets were only on sale to normal fans for 3 days.

Good points here.

Blackpool are hardly a massive club, they don't really have the potential to have that many fans. It's the same with Wigan, yeh their ground is never full, but it's not their fault that their ground is too big for them.

They managed to pull in a 38,098 crowd at home in 1955 though. :P

We didn't even sell out our ground when we played Cardiff at home in the semi's...

It was a first leg though, and still far more than Blackpool managed that year or this (and they didn't fill their ground either..)

I'd prefer automatic promotion next season to a play-off final. The latter is too often a lottery where the outcome depends on one mistake or a dodgy ref.

Archived