Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
flowwolf

Stevie Claridge

Just been to the Oadby football club fund raising night with Super Steve as guest speaker. What an absolute star this man is. Nothing was too much trouble he spoke to anyone and everyone and posed for pictures and autographs and was a great raconteur.

Have any of you had any personal encounters with him ?

Years ago the night before the Man Utd home match in 1997 he was sat next to us in the restaurant at the Holiday Inn, I was only 12 but my Dad chatted to him for hours he was always 1 of my favourite players after that. Many of the players used to stay their too but we never spoke to any of them as much as Claridge. Guppy was sat next to us that night too and tried chatting to us but he had just signed for the Club and we wasn't that interested as we had no idea who this random guy was lol

Claridge has always been up there as one of my favorite city players. Scored two of the most important goals ever for our club and yet still gets a rough deal on here from time to time normally over his appearances on the football league show.

Agreed,probably from the younger ones,who didnt know how happy those goals made us feel.Whats the phrase they use....oh yes plastic fans!!

Ex Cambridge also for me,so he can do no wrong in my eyes.

When I was younger, and we played at Filbert Street, Claridge turned up late and rushed out of his car. I asked for autograph but he turned it down, in a hurry and everything. Anyway, he turned around, came back and signed my autograph book. He even asked for my name, and addressed it to me.

I now look at some of our current players when they are in a rush. I've seen most of them not sign autographs because they are 'late'.

Agreed,probably from the younger ones,who didnt know how happy those goals made us feel.Whats the phrase they use....oh yes plastic fans!!

Ex Cambridge also for me,so he can do no wrong in my eyes.

or young ones?

Just been to the Oadby football club fund raising night with Super Steve as guest speaker. What an absolute star this man is. Nothing was too much trouble he spoke to anyone and everyone and posed for pictures and autographs and was a great raconteur.

Have any of you had any personal encounters with him ?

Not personally met Clagger no, but, true story, me and me mates were in Prague a few years ago, not on a stag do, just went there for somewhere different to drink. Must have been about two in the morning and we 'found ourself' in a strip bar (must have wondered in by accident :thumbup: ). We were absolutely smashed and saw this bloke, sitting on his own, at the bar. Mi mate Chris does a double take, looks back at us and states : 'Its Stanley Victor'!.

Collymore was sat there having a few beers and we proceeded to chat with him for a good hour or so, until he got bored with the fact that we were so pissed.....

Great bloke and had some MAGIC stories to tell.

He was pretty much right with his appraisal of sven though.

Hmmm was he though? He said we would fail under Sven which we didn't really do. Clearly not given enough time. He said we were "guaranteed" a top 6 finish last season when we got Pearson back but that never happened. I think he just plain didn't like Sven more than anything.

Not personally met Clagger no, but, true story, me and me mates were in Prague a few years ago, not on a stag do, just went there for somewhere different to drink. Must have been about two in the morning and we 'found ourself' in a strip bar (must have wondered in by accident :thumbup: ). We were absolutely smashed and saw this bloke, sitting on his own, at the bar. Mi mate Chris does a double take, looks back at us and states : 'Its Stanley Victor'!.

Collymore was sat there having a few beers and we proceeded to chat with him for a good hour or so, until he got bored with the fact that we were so pissed.....

Great bloke and had some MAGIC stories to tell.

Collymore? Drinking? In a strip bar? No no no I won't have any of this...

He's not had a lot of nice things to say about Leicester since he became a pundit - always wondered if his tenure here ended badly for some reason.

I don't agree, although of course you've blocked me so you won't read this :D

Claridge was at the club during its most successful ever era... I reckon, like most of us, he'd actually love the club to have some success and when he discovered that Sven was gonna be manager he realised it prob wasn't gonna happen.

I've not heard Claridge say anything negative about Pearson?

Have you?

Don't answer that...

:ph34r:

Collymore? Drinking? In a strip bar? No no no I won't have any of this...

Shocking isn't it this has really tainted my good memories of him he has now the respect that he once had from me

Years ago the night before the Man Utd home match in 1997 he was sat next to us in the restaurant at the Holiday Inn, I was only 12 but my Dad chatted to him for hours he was always 1 of my favourite players after that. Many of the players used to stay their too but we never spoke to any of them as much as Claridge. Guppy was sat next to us that night too and tried chatting to us but he had just signed for the Club and we wasn't that interested as we had no idea who this random guy was lol

this sums up the typical fan or celebrity hunter, you expect them to talk to you when your a complete stranger and if they didnt it would be seen as rude, but when a stranger talks to you they get ignored aha

Claridge has always been up there as one of my favorite city players. Scored two of the most important goals ever for our club and yet still gets a rough deal on here from time to time normally over his appearances on the football league show.

But that's him as a pundit, no-one can doubt his credentials as a player for us.

I couldn't stand Gary Neville as a player, but as a pundit he's excellent.

I think most can differentiate between the two.

this sums up the typical fan or celebrity hunter, you expect them to talk to you when your a complete stranger and if they didnt it would be seen as rude, but when a stranger talks to you they get ignored aha

Yeah I know to be polite I think my dad might of asked him if he was going to the game the next day. Think he played a blinder too

Archived