Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
flowwolf

Stevie Claridge

He was in Fanclub in town a few years ago. Happy to take a picture with anyone who asked. Seemed a nice bloke. Stopping for pictures even though you could tell he was a getting a bit fed up with being stopped every 10 seconds.

He's not had a lot of nice things to say about Leicester since he became a pundit - always wondered if his tenure here ended badly for some reason.

Nick he was asked about that on the night, He said that as a employee pundit for the B.B.C he has to remain impartial and although he is still Leicester through and through he only spoke as he saw things at that time in regards to Sven's tenure, and although Sven wasn't given enough time he still thinks Pearson will do a better job, which in my opinion is fair enough.

Asked about what made MON so special he said , he kept things simple he bought players for certain positions and asked only that they do their best in that position and the rest will follow. Pretty much what Cloughy did.

When asked who was the best player he ever played with he was unhesitating , Muzzy Izzet by a mile. And asked who was the best player he ever played against he said Denis Bercamp again by a mile.

Nick he was asked about that on the night, He said that as a employee pundit for the B.B.C he has to remain impartial and although he is still Leicester through and through he only spoke as he saw things at that time in regards to Sven's tenure, and although Sven wasn't given enough time he still thinks Pearson will do a better job, which in my opinion is fair enough.

Asked about what made MON so special he said , he kept things simple he bought players for certain positions and asked only that they do their best in that position and the rest will follow. Pretty much what Cloughy did.

When asked who was the best player he ever played with he was unhesitating , Muzzy Izzet by a mile. And asked who was the best player he ever played against he said Denis Bercamp again by a mile.

Spot on Flowy...

Met him in town just before the Middlesborough final. I'd seen him in an interview along with Grayson where they were wearing Coca Cola caps. Claridge's peak was so straight and looked ridiculous. I asked him about it and he told me to **** off.

Loved him even more for it.

Incidentally, the same day I saw Sanjay from Eastenders in town. I shouted 'Sanjay!' at him and he legged it shouting, 'leave me alone'.

Pure good day.

I got his autograph when I was 5, it was a pre-season friendly and he and Savage (who had just signed) were on the bench. My Dad took me pitchside to get their signatures, he said Savage seemed really upbeat and friendly but Claridge seemed to have a bit of an attitude, I have no recollection of it though. He left soon after so maybe he was just generally fed up by then.

Anyhoo, he had the skills to pay the gambling bills, I don't think his name should be tarnished because he predicted Sven wouldn't be up to it when we were all too blind to see he was right.

Met him in the club bar at Charlton, just after he'd scored his first Leicester goal. Remember thinking what a decent, humble bloke he was.

Then I turned around and found Brian Carey chatting up my wife

Back in 2002 (I think) I was djing at Bliss in Leicester (formerly Branigans) when I looked up and both Walsh and Claridge were partying - separately actually - on the dance floor.

It was a bizarre yet enjoyable sight.

He has some good opinions on the game, surprised he hasn't had any more managerial work.

Found some pictures yesterday whilst I was having a bit of a clear out. Four decent photo's that I eventually want framing, but they are pictures of the players celebrating at Wembley etc over the years. Steve Claridge is on one, does anyone rekon if I sent it to the football league show next season, he'd sign it?

Found some pictures yesterday whilst I was having a bit of a clear out. Four decent photo's that I eventually want framing, but they are pictures of the players celebrating at Wembley etc over the years. Steve Claridge is on one, does anyone rekon if I sent it to the football league show next season, he'd sign it?

Definitely , he was so approachable on the night and signed anything and posed for photos all night. He is just a nice down to earth bloke and i don't think you would have any trouble with your request.

Definitely , he was so approachable on the night and signed anything and posed for photos all night. He is just a nice down to earth bloke and i don't think you would have any trouble with your request.

I thought they weren't having the FLS next season?

Oh I did not realise that. Still I'm sure the Beeb would pass it on to Claridge to sign.

Stand outside his gates at 3 in the morning and post letters written in blood begging him for an autograph in his letterbox.

Stand outside his gates at 3 in the morning and post letters written in blood begging him for an autograph in his letterbox.

Tried that with Paul McCartney, doesn't work.

Tweet him?

Good idea, shame I haven't got it.

How was Claridge in the clubs most successful time ever . Second in 1926 and nowhere near as successfulas under Matt Gillies when losing the cup final to Man United in 1963 it was a shock result.

Simple Claridge was in a team that actually won something for the first time. Coming second ? who remembers the runners up. And like it or not Matt Gillies won fvck all despite having a great team. In football it's titles and trophy's that count and nothing else. Claridge not once but twice score the winning goal. once at wembley to get us promoted and once in the league cup final replay at hillsborough. No other previous Leicester city side had come anywhere near that and that is why it was the most successful time EVER.

Simple Claridge was in a team that actually won something for the first time. Coming second ? who remembers the runners up. And like it or not Matt Gillies won fvck all despite having a great team. In football it's titles and trophy's that count and nothing else. Claridge not once but twice score the winning goal. once at wembley to get us promoted and once in the league cup final replay at hillsborough. No other previous Leicester city side had come anywhere near that and that is why it was the most successful time EVER.

Gillies won the League Cup too (in 1964), and took us to two top-six finishes, Sadly the current rules about qualifying for Europe didn't apply then.

Gillies won the League Cup too (in 1964), and took us to two top-six finishes, Sadly the current rules about qualifying for Europe didn't apply then.

Ok but the league cup then was a nothing affair. the final was over two legs at home and away and no big clubs even bothered with it ( we beat stoke ) and it did not get you into Europe. It was not even played at Wembley and not even televised. It does not compare with what MON and his team did in any way.So I still think I have been lucky enough to have seen the best city team ever in terms of winning things. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Archived