Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Clearout is not over yet at Leicester City, says Steve Walsh

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Clearout-Leicester-City-says-Steve-Walsh/story-16291796-detail/story.html

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson will be making massive changes this summer as he overhauls his squad.

That is the view of City legend Steve Walsh as the number of players heading for the exit door shows no sign of slowing.

• 3856861.png
    Steve Walsh

Pearson has signed three new players – Manchester United duo Matty James and Ritchie De Laet, plus striker Jamie Vardy from Fleetwood Town – but seven have been released and at least a further three look like leaving.

Sol Bamba seems set for a move to Turkish club Trabzanspor, Lee Peltier is the subject of bids from Huddersfield and Leeds, and Matt Mills also looks certain to depart.

City have already released Darius Vassell, Steve Howard, Matt Oakley, Chris Weale, Aleksandar Tunchev, Elliott Chamberlain and Franck Moussa, and Walsh, below, believes this is just the start of a hectic summer for the club.

Walsh said: "I spoke to Nigel at the player of the year dinner and he is going to change things. I was quite pleased with what he said to me.

"He will have a chance to bring in his own players. He has said there will be a lots of changes.

"These things can't be rushed so the fans have to be patient.

"He has done some early business, with the young lads. They are interesting signings.

"We don't want to see all the same faces back here next season, from the fans' point of view, and I don't think that will be the case."

While Walsh is predicting significant departures, he hopes City hang on to their most prized assets this summer.

"It is also a case of who does he keep?" added Walsh.

"We want to see Kasper Schmeichel and David Nugent. I don't want them to leave. They are key men and the backbone of the team.

"I can see a spine there. Danny Drinkwater played some fantastic football towards the end of the season.

"The nucleus is there that we can build around. Pearson knows that.

"It was a disappointing season last time but I am very hopeful that Nigel will turn them around. In fact, I know he will."

Walsh believes next season's Championship campaign will be the toughest for years.

He said the promotion of big clubs, such as Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday, plus the strength of relegated sides Wolves, Bolton and Blackburn, will make the competition for the promotion places incredibly fierce.

No wonder we don't produce consistency in performances. NP will succumb to the same dreaded feat of Sven 15 games into the season by getting sacked, and the same situation arises again..

Thanks, no point in ordering my season ticket now. :thumbup:

Thanks, no point in ordering my season ticket now. :thumbup:

I wouldn't mind us sacking managers if the club implemented a philosophy so we don't have to buy teams every f**king season and we wonder why we don't make much progress. NP is going to need patience from the owners alike but I cannot see that happening because promotion is expected to be an instant thing rather than the players growing as a team. What we don't want is a situation like last season where we were only a number of points of the playoffs and a manager was sacked, and crucially that ended our chances of getting promotion. The Thais need to be patient but their wasn't much evidence of that last season was there If I am not mistaken?

I wouldn't mind us sacking managers if the club implemented a philosophy so we don't have to buy teams every f**king season and we wonder why we don't make much progress. NP is going to need patience from the owners alike but I cannot see that happening because promotion is expected to be an instant thing rather than the players growing as a team. What we don't want is a situation like last season where we were only a number of points of the playoffs and a manager was sacked, and crucially that ended our chances of getting promotion. The Thais need to be patient but their wasn't much evidence of that last season was there If I am not mistaken?

Or we could hit the ground running like the last two seasons under NP and be consistently in and around the top six.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Clearout-Leicester-City-says-Steve-Walsh/story-16291796-detail/story.html

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson will be making massive changes this summer as he overhauls his squad.

That is the view of City legend Steve Walsh as the number of players heading for the exit door shows no sign of slowing.

• 3856861.png
    Steve Walsh

Pearson has signed three new players – Manchester United duo Matty James and Ritchie De Laet, plus striker Jamie Vardy from Fleetwood Town – but seven have been released and at least a further three look like leaving.

Sol Bamba seems set for a move to Turkish club Trabzanspor, Lee Peltier is the subject of bids from Huddersfield and Leeds, and Matt Mills also looks certain to depart.

City have already released Darius Vassell, Steve Howard, Matt Oakley, Chris Weale, Aleksandar Tunchev, Elliott Chamberlain and Franck Moussa, and Walsh, below, believes this is just the start of a hectic summer for the club.

Walsh said: "I spoke to Nigel at the player of the year dinner and he is going to change things. I was quite pleased with what he said to me.

"He will have a chance to bring in his own players. He has said there will be a lots of changes.

"These things can't be rushed so the fans have to be patient.

"He has done some early business, with the young lads. They are interesting signings.

"We don't want to see all the same faces back here next season, from the fans' point of view, and I don't think that will be the case."

While Walsh is predicting significant departures, he hopes City hang on to their most prized assets this summer.

"It is also a case of who does he keep?" added Walsh.

"We want to see Kasper Schmeichel and David Nugent. I don't want them to leave. They are key men and the backbone of the team.

"I can see a spine there. Danny Drinkwater played some fantastic football towards the end of the season.

"The nucleus is there that we can build around. Pearson knows that.

"It was a disappointing season last time but I am very hopeful that Nigel will turn them around. In fact, I know he will."

Walsh believes next season's Championship campaign will be the toughest for years.

He said the promotion of big clubs, such as Charlton and Sheffield Wednesday, plus the strength of relegated sides Wolves, Bolton and Blackburn, will make the competition for the promotion places incredibly fierce.

The last paragraph is spot on IMO....

No wonder we don't produce consistency in performances. NP will succumb to the same dreaded feat of Sven 15 games into the season by getting sacked, and the same situation arises again..

You know that you can change your name after 6,000 posts, I'm thinking Pessimistic Fox would be more apporpriate.

You know that you can change your name after 6,000 posts, I'm thinking Pessimistic Fox would be more apporpriate.

The Thais have provided that for me, I am sure they mean well but sacking a manager 15 games last season didn't give me much confidence that is for sure, who knows they may have learnt from their mistakes and I hope NP is given the whole of next season.

I actually think Nigel Pearson and his plan will be very successful with the financial backing of the Thais. Before at City and at Hull, he would of had the same plan but on a budget... Now he can step it up a notch with the quality of player he can bring in. Yet still in the Young and hungry mode. Should be a great season. But i wont make any predictions.

The Thais have provided that for me, I am sure they mean well but sacking a manager 15 games last season didn't give me much confidence that is for sure, who knows they may have learnt from their mistakes and I hope NP is given the whole of next season.

You are entitled to your opinion, but every time I see your user name, and you are normally being the opposite of happy, I chuckle and think you should change it, and now you can. Try being Miserable Fox for a few weeks, it may change your outlook :P

Are you always this cynical Daggers?

It could be that Walshy means what he's saying?

Are you able to spot anything newsworthy or insightful in the article? I'm fvcked if I can.

Are you able to spot anything newsworthy or insightful in the article? I'm fvcked if I can.

A few things?

That Pearson wants to make significant changes...

That Nuge, Drinkwater and Kasper will be staying and the team built around them...

That Walsh believes the Championship will be very tough next season ( whereas many on here have said they thought otherwise)....

Finally, I simply like to read sometimes that previous 'legends' of the club are continuing to take an interest, appear to have faith in the manager and are in some sort of dialogue, which I believe Pearson and Walsh most probably are.

Why get such a bee in your bonnet about such stuff?

A few things?

That Pearson wants to make significant changes...

And how does anyone apart from Pearson and those he's confided in know that? Walsh hasn't a clue.

That Nuge, Drinkwater and Kasper will be staying and the team built around them...

And how does anyone apart from Pearson and those he's confided in know that? Walsh hasn't a clue.

That Walsh believes the Championship will be very tough next season

Air is made up of gases, water is wet, trees hurt when you hit them, flames are hot and can burn.

Finally, I simply like to read sometimes that previous 'legends' of the club are continuing to take an interest

Great, everyone needs a hobby.

...are in some sort of dialogue, which I believe Pearson and Walsh most probably are.

Bollocks are they.

Why get such a bee in your bonnet about such stuff?

I haven't, I made an observation. It's a forum, everyone is entitled to opinions - if you come here expecting just to read things you agree with then you're in the wrong place or need to use the ignore function better.

Air is made up of gases, water is wet, trees hurt when you hit them, flames are hot and can burn.

Great, everyone needs a hobby.

Bollocks are they.

I haven't, I made an observation. It's a forum, everyone is entitled to opinions - if you come here expecting just to read things you agree with then you're in the wrong place or need to use the ignore function better.

How do you know that Pearson and Stevie Walsh don't talk to each other? Genuine question? Do you know this to be true or is your 'bollox are they' comment an assumption?

I'm only assuming that they probably talk to each other, I don't know this to be true. Do you know they don't?

Walsh only said that he 'spoke to Nigel at the Players end of the year dinner'... Is this so hard to believe?

Of course, if you are more 'in the know' about what happens at the Football Club than I am, then I bow to your greater knowledge, genuinely.

For me, it was quite a believable short article that you take or leave at will.

Archived