Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leypb

Who is Nick Powell? And the Elite Player Performance Plan

We won't be hit by the EPPP like a lot of other clubs. still don't agree with it though. No way he's coming to us, either.

It depends on how the EPPP and FFP sit together, we may have to scrap our attempt at applying for EPPP status if we are going over budget.

I agree with you in that I don't agree with it, but I don't think we should assume we will be a part of the elite just because we made some noises saying we wanted to 6 months ago. (unless I've missed any official announcement)

It depends on how the EPPP and FFP sit together, we may have to scrap our attempt at applying for EPPP status if we are going over budget.

I agree with you in that I don't agree with it, but I don't think we should assume we will be a part of the elite just because we made some noises saying we wanted to 6 months ago. (unless I've missed any official announcement)

FFP wouldn't be effected by it, in fact FFP in part is to try to encourage you to "grow your own". Redevelopment of facilities doesn't count FFP basically governs wages and transfer fees

Crewe have produced so many good players for the game. I like the look of some of their current youth graduates, but I've heard the likes of Everton and Tottenham have been looking at Nick Powell, so I doubt we would stand a chance if true.

Feel for clubs like Crewe though. Produce so many talented players, only to see them leave because the club isn't in a great financial condition to keep them.

Crewe have produced so many good players for the game. I like the look of some of their current youth graduates, but I've heard the likes of Everton and Tottenham have been looking at Nick Powell, so I doubt we would stand a chance if true.

Feel for clubs like Crewe though. Produce so many talented players, only to see them leave because the club isn't in a great financial condition to keep them.

Selling young players is Crewe's business model.

We will most definately be affected by EPPP because the difference between Level 1 and 2 is huge.If you don't get level 1 then the very best Academy boys can be poached by the big boys quite easily plus there are other big benefits from being level 1 but the likelehood is only a few of the top teams will have the money to get class 1 status. For clubs like Coventry who may well struggle to get Class 2 then the affect on their Academy will be massive.

All clubs have been assessed and are awaiting confirmation of status although it is rumoured some clubs have said bollox to the FA and are just going to sort themselves out which sounds a bit of a risky stratergy to me.

FFP wouldn't be effected by it, in fact FFP in part is to try to encourage you to "grow your own". Redevelopment of facilities doesn't count FFP basically governs wages and transfer fees

FFP is about financial management, if we are accepted as an Elite Academy it will cost us a lot of money to get the facilities up and maintain that standard, that will eat into our budget, in the long term it will be good, but in the short term we could end up shelling out millions that could be spent on buying established players, and not seeing a return for 5 years.

This guy has told virtually every fans forum in the country that they had a scout there to watch him. Identical post on a lot of Football League club forums yesterday.

FFP is about financial management, if we are accepted as an Elite Academy it will cost us a lot of money to get the facilities up and maintain that standard, that will eat into our budget, in the long term it will be good, but in the short term we could end up shelling out millions that could be spent on buying established players, and not seeing a return for 5 years.

yes but things like Academy running costs are exempt so we wouldn't be shelling out money that could be otherwise spent as we couldn't spend it in other areas in the 1st place

We will most definately be affected by EPPP because the difference between Level 1 and 2 is huge.If you don't get level 1 then the very best Academy boys can be poached by the big boys quite easily plus there are other big benefits from being level 1 but the likelehood is only a few of the top teams will have the money to get class 1 status. For clubs like Coventry who may well struggle to get Class 2 then the affect on their Academy will be massive.

All clubs have been assessed and are awaiting confirmation of status although it is rumoured some clubs have said bollox to the FA and are just going to sort themselves out which sounds a bit of a risky stratergy to me.

as i understand it, we would be cat A. that's why i'm not too worried.

yes but things like Academy running costs are exempt so we wouldn't be shelling out money that could be otherwise spent as we couldn't spend it in other areas in the 1st place

I am not questioning you here, but how are they exempt?

Does it include everything, the purchasing of academy players, their wages and the amount we will need to fork out to meet the EPP standards? It seems odd as I can see clubs entering into bidding wars over young players, now they will be free to choose whichever club they like and are not restricted geographically.

Does it include everything, the purchasing of academy players, their wages and the amount we will need to fork out to meet the EPP standards? It seems odd as I can see clubs entering into bidding wars over young players, now they will be free to choose whichever club they like and are not restricted geographically.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17841566

"Youth investment and accounting charges from past spending on players and stadium-building will not be included."

with the whole EPPP plan the purchasing of the youth players from other clubs would be for much MUCH smaller fees then before, not sure if they (transfer fees) are completely exempt of just scaled right down towards the cap, I believe it wouldn't count as they would not be part of the 1st team set up, other costs such as coaches and boarding, cost of housing players if from abroad wouldn't be counted, as I said a big aim, of FFP is to get people to use their academies more so to penalize spending on it would be counter intuitive

No chance

why not? the training facilities are cat 1, are they not? productivity, i'm not sure how that's measured but we have our success at youth level and players making it into the first team. coaching, education and welfare, shouldn't be too hard to implement to a high level, if it isn't already.

The deadline has now passed for all Clubs to have submitted their completed ‘audit tool’ which contains their self assessment of which Category they should be awarded. Many found the process of self assessment to be quite bewildering, but we take the view that this is only the beginning. It is intended that all those Clubs who are seeking Category One status will be audited between now and October 2012, with Category Two audits taking place between October 2012 and February 2013. Category Two applicants therefore have the luxury of a little more time to prepare for audit than the Category One Clubs.

does anyone know if we will be applying for cat 1

"For Category One it is a minimum investment of £2.35m, rising by £50,000 a year for the next four years.

ahhh maybe not lol. sven spent all the money.

the minimum level of investment for Category Two, which is £960,000 a year

why not? the training facilities are cat 1, are they not? productivity, i'm not sure how that's measured but we have our success at youth level and players making it into the first team. coaching, education and welfare, shouldn't be too hard to implement to a high level, if it isn't already.

The deadline has now passed for all Clubs to have submitted their completed ‘audit tool’ which contains their self assessment of which Category they should be awarded. Many found the process of self assessment to be quite bewildering, but we take the view that this is only the beginning. It is intended that all those Clubs who are seeking Category One status will be audited between now and October 2012, with Category Two audits taking place between October 2012 and February 2013. Category Two applicants therefore have the luxury of a little more time to prepare for audit than the Category One Clubs.

does anyone know if we will be applying for cat 1

"For Category One it is a minimum investment of £2.35m, rising by £50,000 a year for the next four years.

ahhh maybe not lol. sven spent all the money.

the minimum level of investment for Category Two, which is £960,000 a year

Its more to do with the full time education side of things and the number of full time coaching staff that would also involve - we will get Cat 2 aiming for Cat 1 as soon as possible

Archived