Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
muzzycomeback

Centre back pairing?

Morgan and anyone but SSL after watching his performance last night against Spain.

Flowy you can't base your opinion of SSL's credentials to play in the Championship on watching him against the best team in the world!

Ireland were mullered last night right across the park. If anyone had a poor game it was the usually reliable Shay Given.

The icing on the cake was when Spain brought on Fabregas as a sub!

C'mon mate.... Be real

lol

Flowy you can't base your opinion of SSL's credentials to play in the Championship on watching him against the best team in the world!

Ireland were mullered last night right across the park. If anyone had a poor game it was the usually reliable Shay Given.

The icing on the cake was when Spain brought on Fabregas as a sub!

C'mon mate.... Be real

lol

Sorry col it was tongue in cheek :D :D :D :D :D I can't help myself sometimes.

Anyone but Wes Morgan.

Yeah, lets not play the man who seemed the best defender we had towards the end of last season. Still smarting that he didn't turn out to be the piece of shit you wanted him to be hey.

Morgan + someone else.

Not impressed with Mills, SSL or Bamba particularly. RDL will probably play right back.

The 2 best defenders on the books are Konchesky and Morgan.

Pelts is the weakest link in defense imo.

But as we know defending as team is something we need to work on, more so the midfield and strikers part of the game needs improving.

Yeah, lets not play the man who seemed the best defender we had towards the end of last season. Still smarting that he didn't turn out to be the piece of shit you wanted him to be hey.

Morgan + someone else.

Not impressed with Mills, SSL or Bamba particularly. RDL will probably play right back.

I dont care how average he has performed he is not and will never be good enough for a team planning for a promotion push. He is a typical no frills Pearson player who in this case we have overpaid for beyond belief.

Would you of said 12 months ago that a centre back pairing of Kaspar Gorkss and Alex Pearce would win the league? Prob not!

That was a new untried pairing so who knows how they would of done.

Im talking about pairings we currently have and have seen last season not be good enough.

I dont care how average he has performed he is not and will never be good enough for a team planning for a promotion push. He is a typical no frills Pearson player who in this case we have overpaid for beyond belief.

Well Mills, Bamba and SSL have never got promoted from this league either, so you could easily say they aren't good enough for a team wanting promotion push. Yet seemingly you think they are better than him. Out of all the defenders we have I would wager Morgan has finished in the championship top 6 with teams more than the rest of them.

And based on seeing him play, he's a better defender than the other three also. That's his main job to defend, not to add "frills".

Well Mills, Bamba and SSL have never got promoted from this league either, so you could easily say they aren't good enough for a team wanting promotion push. Yet seemingly you think they are better than him. Out of all the defenders we have I would wager Morgan has finished in the championship top 6 with teams more than the rest of them.

And based on seeing him play, he's a better defender than the other three also. That's his main job to defend, not to add "frills".

I agree with this completely.

Morgan would be my first choice centre back every time.

I still maintain that defending is a team thing though.

When you mentioned previously the defensive slip ups that our back five made last season, yes they did make some errors.

Such errors would be reduced however if they had the reassurance of playing behind a stronger midfield and attack.

I hope Nige continues to address this, if not the debate on the fragile 'defence' will continue to rage on.

I'd pick Morgan and SSL out of the current crop I think though it will be interesting to see whether De Laet will be used as a centre back or right back or as cover. To be honest, as has already been stated, I honestly think our defence is OK and was OK last year too. If we had gone into next season with exactly the same centre backs but had strengthened midfield I would be more than happy. This is why I believe Emile (or someone similar) would be vital. We need someone to lead and defend from the front and then for the midfield to help too. Our defence is more than good anough in my opinion.

Anyway, in NP I trust. And I mean that.

Come on you Foxes!

X

Archived