Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Championship 2012/13

That is pretty immense :thumbup: they never give us that much Dierby :dry: , I am fairly sure you will sell out. Must make a welcome change that clubs in this division offer bigger allocations than League One.

Yeah should be sold out in the next hour, been on sale since 9am. Yeah much better than getting 1,000/2,000!

It's good to have well-supported clubs in the league again.

Not Wednesday then...

Got given 2.8K tickets for Brummy with another 1.4K if needed...getting an U19 for £11 despite being 21, baby face ftw!

Went in the bookies today and saw they had the ante-post odds, I put the slip down in disgust when I saw we were 6/1 favourites.

:nono: How? Just How?

If you think we're too short, put your money where your mouth is and lay the bet at 6s on betfair.

No. Didn't think so.

Told you all earlier when I joined that Charlton seem to hate us for some reason! It's hilarious!

Charlton try to hate everyone to create a rivalry but absolutely nobody cares about them at all.

Please don't try and compare our attendances

Ever

Let's list all the Northern teams from last season then:

Bury

Carlisle

Hartlepool

Notts Co

Oldham

Preston

Scunthorpe

Sheff Utd

Sheff Wed

Tranmere

Walsall

Rochdale

Chesterfield

Southern:

Charlton

Exeter

Brentford

Bournemouth

Colchester

Stevenage

Yeovil

MK Dons

nuff said

Let's list all the Northern teams from last season then:

Bury

Carlisle

Hartlepool

Notts Co

Oldham

Preston

Scunthorpe

Sheff Utd

Sheff Wed

Tranmere

Walsall

Rochdale

Chesterfield

Southern:

Exeter

Brentford

Bournemouth

Colchester

Stevenage

Yeovil

MK Dons

nuff said

Whoa whoa whoa.

Hang on a moment.

Just so I have this straight, are you trying to argue that Charlton are as well supported a club as Sheffield Wednesday? As big a club as Sheffield Wednesday?

Are you suggesting that the only reason they had a bigger attendance last year was the northern skew bias in terms of the teams competing?

What about the other 100 or so years you've both existed?

Charlton just have small attendances as they are based in the isolated, football starved backwater that is London. If only there were some other teams in Lond... wait a minute...

A Charlton fan ripping a Wednesday's support lol

**** me.

Wednesday were the third best supported side away from home in the whole Football League last season with 2436 (more than a lot of away ends hold in that league), over double Charlton's 1076.

**** me.

Wednesday were the third best supported side away from home in the whole Football League last season with 2436 (more than a lot of away ends hold in that league), over double Charlton's 1076.

Northern league :rolleyes:

At least we get bigger crowds than Millwall :)

Wooohooooooooo :scarf: :scarf: :trumpet: :trumpet: :appl: :appl: :beer: :beer:

**** me.

Cos of the Northern-ness of the league! Train tickets to Carlisle were £50+ 3 weeks in advance so that affects things too

At least we get bigger crowds than Millwall :)

Yeah, but most Millwall fans are there to watch Millwall (or have a fight).

A good deal of your fans are there to watch the opposition and take advantage of cheap tickets and free laid on travel from places such as Maidstone.

But ignore those facts and keep knocking Wednesday's support, right? I somehow doubt they are sending buses out to bring disillusioned Doncaster fans in for free and tenner a match ticket with the promise 'watch the opposition, they're quite good!'.

Back in your box, Lamby.

Don't make excuses about it being a Northern league.

Clubs with big away followings don't use that as an excuse.

Newcastle fans travel everywhere, Leeds fans sell out any allocation; even Pompey's away following is bloody impressive for what is now a deeply unsuccessful and troubled club.

None of these are centrally located, in fact Newcastle are miles away from every ground in the Premiership with the exception of Sunderland. They still sell out their away allocations up and down the country.

It isn't really Charlton's fault that they are surrounded by a multitude of bigger clubs in the capital, but it does make them significantly smaller than Sheffield Wednesday. Go to Sheffield and you'll see very, very few of the locals wearing anything other than United or Wednesday shirts. Go to South London and I daresay Charlton fans will be a much rarer breed.

Sounds just like us. :whistle:

Joking aside, I do actually agree.

Neither Forest nor Derby like us, but without a doubt their main derby is with each other.

I've met a few Posh fans that really hate Leicester, but I think their main derby is Cambridge. At least a lot of their songs are about Cambridge.

I'm quite happy being little Leicester though that no one really cares about.

Archived