Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Leicester City cut losses on Matt Mills as defender completes move to Bolton

Would you not say it's idiotic to slate a manager for getting rid of a player, when nobody actually knows what's gone on. Perhaps, if the truth came out there would be a reason there that meant he didn't have much choice. But it seems that some people blame the manager for everything.

True. And I take your point re people wanting to fix the blame fast and the manager being an easy target for that. I do also think it is perfectly reasonable to question our leader, though, if he makes decisions that impact negatively on our results because a relationship matter got in the way. I say that knowing full well that none of us know what really happened and it might be something that made the situation untenable all round. For the record, I have no issue with NP, either. He brings an awful lot of excellent skill, dtermination and ability to this club. But I think no-one in any office is above being challenged.

True. And I take your point re people wanting to fix the blame fast and the manager being an easy target for that. I do also think it is perfectly reasonable to question our leader, though, if he makes decisions that impact negatively on our results because a relationship matter got in the way. I say that knowing full well that none of us know what really happened and it might be something that made the situation untenable all round. For the record, I have no issue with NP, either. He brings an awful lot of excellent skill, dtermination and ability to this club. But I think no-one in any office is above being challenged.

I wouldn't worry Trent.

If our start to next season isn't is poor, questions will be asked pretty quickly.

I do hope, this time, that Pearson is seen as a long term project. I doubt it though.

If we aren't in the top 6 by Christmas he will prob be on borrowed time.

I didn't think Mills was anywhere near as bad as people are making out on here, but with the apparent dressing room bust up with Pearson and to throw in the reported wages he was earning here it's not a surprise he's gone.

Glad he has gone! Finally off the wage big too, never rated him, to fat and sluggish in the early parts of last season, seen better Sunday league defenders to be fair!

Hopefully be able to bring in a few decent players with the freed up wages

In Pearson we trust!!!

I think Mills' played overly well in his last season at Reading and Sven just threw big money at him cos we needed a centre back. It was shown on many occasions in the first 4/5 months of last season that bamba/morgan/st ledger were much more reliable and wernt as big a liability as mardy arse mills. I'm glad he's gone, best to have everyone behind the team an no distractions. Reminds me of the DJ Campbell saga.

Morgan was not here and untill whatever happened between Mills n Pearson both managers played mills ?

I think Mills will be a solid player again next year, and probably score against us. The reason being is that he will have to change his attitude, and adjust to not being a big fish. No arrogance and no price tag pressure either. Just a pity we got him at the wrong time.

I think he's a good defender puts his body on the line well. Don't think he'd be bad at all with a solid partner, Morgan/Chester etc. Just the high price tag and everyone jumping on the mills is shit bandwagon.

Glad he has gone! Finally off the wage big too, never rated him, to fat and sluggish in the early parts of last season, seen better Sunday league defenders to be fair!

Hopefully be able to bring in a few decent players with the freed up wages

In Pearson we trust!!!

****ing hell id love to know where your watching sunday league if theyre that good and free i might go and watch

Got no problem people questioning him, but very few people leave it at questioning.

Good.

And if he turns out to be good for Bolton fair play to him, but it didn't and never was going to turn out well for him here for one reason or another and i've said it before and i'll say it again if a player doesn't want to be at the club or doesn't perform well for the club no matter who he is what is the point in having them here? If they turn out to be good at another club (Which seems to happen quite often for us) great but if they havn't done it here I don't want them here.

I don't like the lad, I think his attitude was awful and he thought his place was guarenteed, he was wrong and now he has gone.

I'm glad they changed it to a permanent deal but you can guarantee that it would have been less than the 2 million originally offered. Probably closer to 1.5. We'll have recouped about 2.3 mil of the 3 mil spent so far and 2 big wage earners off the books. I wish we'd sign someone to give us all a bit more hope though

I'm glad they changed it to a permanent deal but you can guarantee that it would have been less than the 2 million originally offered. Probably closer to 1.5. We'll have recouped about 2.3 mil of the 3 mil spent so far and 2 big wage earners off the books. I wish we'd sign someone to give us all a bit more hope though

Like Matt Mills did last year?

Many people (Me included) were ecstatic with the signing of Matt Mills last year from what i'd seen of him at Reading he was one of if not the best defender in the league thought we'd made a brilliant signing, how wrong I was.

TBH Pearson's done it before bring in 'unknowns' and made them into winning teams with good spirit and I trust he can do it again, I may be wrong but either way we have signed big names, 'good' players, big money splashed about in the past and it's got us no-where, we have signing 'unknowns' before and they have failed don't get me wrong but I would be quite confident in saying we have had more success out of 'unknown' something to prove type players than we have with big name, so called 'good' player reputations.

And don't give me the 'I just want some signings', 'We havn't signed anyone yet' speil because i'd hazard a guess we have done more business, doing our homework and identifying our targets than many clubs in the division so far.

The fact we've got rid of people who were distinctly average or missed large chunks of last season makes me feel optimistic.

We've got rid of Mills who hardly kicked a ball post Christmas, and Bamba who missed a large chunk through the ACON. Even when they played I thought they were fairly average and to me Morgan looked a better defender.

On top of that we've lost Weale, Berner, Mousa, Johnson, Fernandes, Oakley, Howard, Abe, Tunchev, Vassell. All of whom hardly featured.

And brought in the Marshall, Morgan, Drinkwater, James, Vardy and De Laet. With a few more on their way I'm sure.

The fact we've got rid of people who were distinctly average or missed large chunks of last season makes me feel optimistic.

We've got rid of Mills who hardly kicked a ball post Christmas, and Bamba who missed a large chunk through the ACON. Even when they played I thought they were fairly average and to me Morgan looked a better defender.

On top of that we've lost Weale, Berner, Mousa, Johnson, Fernandes, Oakley, Howard, Abe, Tunchev, Vassell. All of whom hardly featured.

And brought in the Marshall, Morgan, Drinkwater, James, Vardy and De Laet. With a few more on their way I'm sure.

I agree with this completely.

However, I do want to see a couple of signings of real quality ( and I do mean real quality, not 'Sven' quality).

These would gee up the young lads to progress further and would put the existing 'older heads' on their toes in terms of competition for places.

None of the signings so far excite me and give me real hope that we could contend for honours this season. I'm sure Pearson will get the best out of them, but a couple of really good players at this level would be great.

Blackburn have done it with Murphy and Best who, I would guess, is going to be very strong at this level. We need to as well.

Archived