Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Leicester City cut losses on Matt Mills as defender completes move to Bolton

I suppose we can expect loads of Bolton fans lording it over us now for taking our “best player” and “the best defender in the championship”. Quite rightly anybody that doesn’t have that opinion will be told they’re bitter and jealous.

That was our reaction to Reading fans 12 months ago anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../18743061#asset

Interesting interview with Mills from the bbc website from a few days ago if you've not heard it...

That is a very interesting interview, it is a shame that things like this were never released, or talked about while he was at the club, whether he is lying, telling the whole truth or something in between we won't know until Nigel makes a response, but I don't see that happening, only one person is going to win if it becomes a media battle, and it isn't NP.

Clearly there were words, but MM does come across quite well in that interview, he seems genuinely bemused and upset at how it all came about, I do wonder if he is one of those people that acts like a twat without really realising it.

I find it very strange that Mills was told to train with the youth team and not given a chance to get back in the first team because Pearson didn't rate him as a player as a single reason.

We'll have to wait for Pearson's version, which I doubt we'll hear, so it will remain something of a mystery.

For all we know, it could've been because of the contract Mills was on. In order to cut the losses early on, he was benched to save money.

At least that's the case if you believe the rumours about his appearances clause.

Probably the only logical explanation I can think of.

Pearson has already said he won't comment, because it's history. Which is fine. He doesn't need a reason, he is our manager. Pearson was 100x a better defender than I'll ever be, and I support his decisions, especially a decision of selling an overpriced and overrated centre half to Bolton.

When asked by Stringer if he'd ever tried to talk about why he was not given another chance Mill's reply was quite worrying "well that wasnt an option, hes a very hard man to track down"

I don't believe that's true. Has anyone had a job where they never had a chance to speak to the manager?

When asked by Stringer if he'd ever tried to talk about why he was not given another chance Mill's reply was quite worrying "well that wasnt an option, hes a very hard man to track down"

:banghead:

Mills is hardly going to say anything that makes himself look bad.

As for Pearson i can say with 99% certainty that he isnt bothered about Mills now in the slightest.

For all we know it could be a purely financial thing.

The thing that does make me laugh is Mills saying "he was a very hard man to track down" Ummmm yes ok you were probably at times 5 mins away from the bloke if that!!!

Anyway he's gone, moved on.. Not one player is bigger than the club

Pearson has already said he won't comment, because it's history. Which is fine. He doesn't need a reason, he is our manager. Pearson was 100x a better defender than I'll ever be, and I support his decisions, especially a decision of selling an overpriced and overrated centre half to Bolton.

Totally disagree with this statement, he was our club captain and as fans we deserve the right to know the reason he was kicked out of the team in such a manner. Even if Pearson didn't go into specific details we have the right to know.

Totally disagree with this statement, he was our club captain and as fans we deserve the right to know the reason he was kicked out of the team in such a manner. Even if Pearson didn't go into specific details we have the right to know.

"We have sold Matt Mills and Sol but it is my call to make decisions on what I think is best for the long-term future," he said.

He's already given us a reason, as you said it doesn't go into specific details, but the reason is that he thinks it's best for the long-term future of the club. Happy?

He's already given us a reason, as you said it doesn't go into specific details, but the reason is that he thinks it's best for the long-term future of the club. Happy?

No not really, saying "it's best for the long-term future of the club" is as vague as saying "because I wanted too". As a fan I support not only the manager but the players too and if one of them is booted out of the team in such a way I want to know why.

No not really, saying "it's best for the long-term future of the club" is as vague as saying "because I wanted too". As a fan I support not only the manager but the players too and if one of them is booted out of the team in such a way I want to know why.

Maybe something that really doesn't need to be known by the fans happened, maybe Mills himself has requested certain information isn't given out. Whatever, Nigel doesn't have to tell us, his job is to manage the team and if he thinks he can do that more effectivley by not giving the fans every detail about issues like this then I certainly don't have a problem with it.

I don't give a crap if Mills is Bolton player of the year next year, he's gone and that's the end of it. For whatever reason Pearson believed we are better off without him at the club, and the manager will and should get backed first over what was an average player for us.

I always start worrying when you talk about how we ought to back the manager whatever. We've had so many crap managers and you've talked about supporting most all of them long after they've showed they're taking us nowhere.

You're right in saying we don't know everything that's gone on, but I believe i know a fair bit and don't think either party comes out of it particularly well,

Whether that's a fair assessment doesn't matter. What does matter is that Leicester City have wasted yet another chunk of money. Will it ever stop and will someone finally take responsibility for the choices we make and the value we get out of them.

Buying and selling is no different from buying and selling anything else in that you look out for best purchase you can get for the money available and then get the most out of it. Year upon year we fail to do that.

I realise that Mills wasn't Pearson's signing but so what? He was a member of our staff and Pearson, not for the first time, got nothing out of him. I hope your support proves justified but the manager's doing nothing to convince me he can handle the mixture of people and temperaments necessary to win promotion or get the best out of the players at his disposal.

Whether that's a fair assessment doesn't matter. What does matter is that Leicester City have wasted yet another chunk of money. Will it ever stop and will someone finally take responsibility for the choices we make and the value we get out of them.

Nigel got us some back, Mills was never going to be worth £5M and must have been on insane wages, so surely getting £2M and getting him off the wage bill was a good thing, he was bang average and showed no signs of ever repaying the money we spent, the best option was to cut our losses and move on. I really don't see how Pearson can be the villain here and not Sven/Neville/whoever negotiated the deal.

Nigel got us some back, Mills was never going to be worth £5M and must have been on insane wages, so surely getting £2M and getting him off the wage bill was a good thing, he was bang average and showed no signs of ever repaying the money we spent, the best option was to cut our losses and move on. I really don't see how Pearson can be the villain here and not Sven/Neville/whoever negotiated the deal.

We've lost one and a quarter million on Mills and Bolton are paying in three installments.

We've lost one and a quarter million on Mills and Bolton are paying in three installments.

I don't see how that is supposed to change my view. I still think that whoever is responsible for the figure we paid for Mills is the person who should be held responsible, because Mills simply wasn't worth 5M and the wages we were paying him. We had to get back as much as we could and get him off the wage bill because we shouldn't have been paying that much for a bang average championship defender.

I don't see how that is supposed to change my view. I still think that whoever is responsible for the figure we paid for Mills is the person who should be held responsible, because Mills simply wasn't worth 5M and the wages we were paying him. We had to get back as much as we could and get him off the wage bill because we shouldn't have been paying that much for a bang average championship defender.

It wasn't to change your view, just giving you the actual figures. We shelled out £3.25million and sold for £2million. Half a million down, half a million in 6 months and a million at the end of the season.

It wasn't to change your view, just giving you the actual figures. We shelled out £3.25million and sold for £2million. Half a million down, half a million in 6 months and a million at the end of the season.

That's not that bad actually, certainly I thought in terms of transfer fees we'd lost more than that.

Archived