Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

The best of the 60s

What amazes me about this topic is how much of it I've never heard of it's like I went through the 60s in a daze and no I wasn't drugged up or in orgies that all passed me by as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This Chuck Berry classic was the Rolling Stones' first UK single release in 1963. It featured the original line-up of Brian Jones, Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Bill Wyman.

This was the 1st single I bought on my own all the previous stuff I shared with my brother.

I was in 'digs' at the time and the Landlady moved it and put it on top of the free standing oven with the oven on, I've no idea why. It ended up all wavy and useless like this tale .:P

• Like 4

Christmas No1s in the 60s.

Not exactly the most thought provoking list considering the era but then are they ever at Christmas.

The '69 one entirely inappropriate on reflection although at least it wasn't Two Little Girls.

1960 Cliff Richard and The Shadows "I Love You" 2
1961 Danny Williams "Moon River" 2
1962 Elvis Presley "Return to Sender" 3
1963 The Beatles "I Want to Hold Your Hand" 5
1964 The Beatles "I Feel Fine" 5
1965 The Beatles "Day Tripper" / "We Can Work It Out"[nb 3] 5
1966 Tom Jones "Green, Green Grass of Home" 7
1967 The Beatles "Hello, Goodbye" 7
1968 The Scaffold "Lily the Pink" 4
1969 Rolf Harris "Two Little Boys" 6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

From Davie's list.

A song we used to sing often at junior school. One of the group was Paul McCartney's younger younger brother.

I'm pretty sure that Mike McCartney is the dark-haired bloke in the green jacket. Seen him interviewed occasionally.

The guy in glasses and a hat is Roger McGough who became a famous, child-friendly performance poet.

I've seen him do recitals live a couple of times - very good and amusing. My daughter got him to sign her book.

• Like 2

I've been watch the Homeland Series during these lockdowns and there's a guy in it called Peter Quinn every time he's on it reminds me of Manfred Man song which we used to sing for Jari Ratanen our Finish striker and also the Mighty String(fellow)

Which reminded me of.....

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=manfred+mann+fox+on+the+run

• Like 3