Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SharpeFox

Here's my take on the Mills saga...

Right, hang on Col. It's not a "love in". It's a "you don't have a blooming clue what went on in".

If someone comes on here and says, I don't know what went on, but it's quite possible that Pearson was wrong and could have handled it better. Fine, there is no problem with that. But people come on here and use it as a stick to beat the man with, they use it as a reason for not wanting him around. Which quite frankly utter bull plop.

Pearson is the manager, he and only he decides who he wants in the team, in the squad or even around the club. Whether it's football ability, money, personality whatever Pearson chose to get rid of that player because he believes eventually we will be better off without him.

Could Pearson have handled it better, maybe. Is is wrong to get rid of a man he doesn't want at the club, absolutely not.

I thought this was Andrew Neville's job as Director of Football

Mills trying to pass off a line about staying for the fans is an insult to be quite frank.

He wanted to cling on because of the huge wages we were overpaying him.

At the end of the day whatever did or didn't go on Pearson worked out that Mills is a very average player that was draining top money from the club, and he decided both he and the club could do without.

I agree with Pearson, and no amount of sugary butter would melt talk from Mills is going to change that.

No manager who can't man manage has ever become truly successful (probably) - for a million quid a year Nige should have been able to get the best out of Mills - bet Owen Coyle does.

If you can take (Weale - Morrison - Hobbs - Brown - Berner - Gallagher - Wellens - King - Dyer - Fryatt - Howard) to 5th in the Championship, I reckon it's safe to say you're a good man manager.

If you can take (Weale - Morrison - Hobbs - Brown - Berner - Gallagher - Wellens - King - Dyer - Fryatt - Howard) to 5th in the Championship, I reckon it's safe to say you're a good man manager.

You're right, that does look like the worst team ever assembled by anyone ever - perhaps he is a genius and can only take nonentities to muted glory

No manager who can't man manage has ever become truly successful (probably) - for a million quid a year Nige should have been able to get the best out of Mills - bet Owen Coyle does.

Great managers also wheedle out weak links, do you really think that no other successful manager has ever found the need to move even supposedly great players on?

I'm not a big fan of Pearson's style of football and I never rated Mills so I have no axe to grind either way but if things weren't working out between Pearson and Mills, and no one knows the real reasons and one of them had to leave then I'd far sooner it was Mills as we really do not need yet another manager change.

You're right, that does look like the worst team ever assembled by anyone ever - perhaps he is a genius and can only take nonentities to muted glory

I call it an average but hardworking team that worked hard for their manager throughout the season, producing consistant performances. Something we haven't seen since.

One of the first things Terry Venables did when he took over Barcelona was to get rid of Maradonna and then went on to win Barcas first title in 11 years. You have to let the manager manage.

If you refuse to consider the money it was constructed with and the conditions we were in (Not that easy to attract top Championship players when you're in League One) then sure, but I'd say Nigel Pearson did a fantastic job of taking an average bunch of players and getting them to play for him, and got us closer to the Premier League than we have been in years. Yet for some reason you don't want us to give him the oppertunity to try and build a side with the money we have, why is that?

Now imagine Nigel who has proven capable of getting a side playing for him (and been very successfull doing so), having money to build a squad, with a team that can attract top Championship players. That fills me with confidence, for the first time in a long time I'm looking forward to watching Leicester and I believe we can get back to where we were under MON personally (Though I'm sure most will disagree), it's a shame you don't share the same excitement.

Man-manage? You think Kasper, Nugent, Konchesky, Morgan don't have opinions and views? They all seem happy working for Pearson.

Great managers also wheedle out weak links, do you really think that no other successful manager has ever found the need to move even supposedly great players on?

I'm not a big fan of Pearson's style of football and I never rated Mills so I have no axe to grind either way but if things weren't working out between Pearson and Mills, and no one knows the real reasons and one of them had to leave then I'd far sooner it was Mills as we really do not need yet another manager change.

I agree we don't need a manager change at this stage - a poor appointment has been made and we will have to go with it for the credibility of the club. I am sure he won't take us down but doubt his credentials to take us up - a quality replacement for Sven should have been sounded out before he was fired and hopefully the board have learnt from that mistake.

The issue is not whether or not Mills or Nige had to go, it is more that neither of them should have and Nige should have been able to handle the situation properly. He didn't and it is this failure that arguably cost the club millions in lost transfer money, Mills was our best central defender statistically and a full season replicating that form, even if you hate him, would have been better for business and possibly led to a higher transfer fee - only a muppet takes one of their most expensive assets and disrespects it openly.

The issue is not whether or not Mills or Nige had to go, it is more that neither of them should have and Nige should have been able to handle the situation properly. He didn't and it is this failure that arguably cost the club millions in lost transfer money

No Sven did that, Nigel managed to get us a bit back and stopped us paying his insane wages. Mills was never going to be good enough for us to repay the £5M because he simply isn't that good.

I agree we don't need a manager change at this stage - a poor appointment has been made and we will have to go with it for the credibility of the club. I am sure he won't take us down but doubt his credentials to take us up - a quality replacement for Sven should have been sounded out before he was fired and hopefully the board have learnt from that mistake.

The issue is not whether or not Mills or Nige had to go, it is more that neither of them should have and Nige should have been able to handle the situation properly. He didn't and it is this failure that arguably cost the club millions in lost transfer money, Mills was our best central defender statistically and a full season replicating that form, even if you hate him, would have been better for business and possibly led to a higher transfer fee - only a muppet takes one of their most expensive assets and disrespects it openly.

Well you don't know if he disrespected him, all he did as far as we know is drop him, even Sven did that, why he ended up outside the main squad we don't know, Pearson has uttered not a single word about it publicly.

You can't/shouldn't judge people on speculation, conjecture or guess work.

Well you don't know if he disrespected him, all he did as far as we know is drop him, even Sven did that, why he ended up outside the main squad we don't know, Pearson has uttered not a single word about it publicly.

You can't/shouldn't judge people on speculation, conjecture or guess work.

He was definitely made to train away from the first team and this was made public knowledge - if Pearson had made his views public then we could comment based on fact but I don't believe he feels he needs to - perhaps now Mills has gone he will extend the fans that courtesy but I doubt it and so conjecture and speculation is all we have - NP could prevent that in an instant

Nigel has said he won't be drawn into talking about it. "It's in the past".

Totally agree, let it be.

i figured he'd do this. matt mills knew he would too and that's why he said what he said. not enough to anger nige just enough so he didn't seem like the bad guy and nige wouldn't contradict him.

Archived