Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SharpeFox

Here's my take on the Mills saga...

Just written a new article on the subject. To be read at your leisure.

Thoughts and comments always welcome.

'Matt Mills: A disappointing but necessary departure'

http://www.thesharpeend.com/2012/07/matt-mills-disappointing-but-necessary.html

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this and I like how you make links to other subject areas.

The defensive stats for SSL don't make for good reading vis a vis the others.

But let's be honest , who gives a shite.. He's gone

For me, it wasn't really as much about Mills defending as his shocking distribution with the ball and his demeanour as captain.

Appreciate the effort - good writing.

But as regards the subject matter, who really cares, he came, he went, and what's the point in speculating what did and/or didn't happen.

Roll on the new season so we've got something proper to talk & moan about.

Merc

Matt Mills has got 'no problem' with Leicester City boss

Matt Mills said he bears no hard feelings towards Leicester City and manager Nigel Pearson after he was sold to Championship rivals Bolton.

The defender signed a three-year contract with the Trotters this week after just one season with City.

A year ago, Mills had joined City from Reading in a move that would have been potentially worth close to £5million, depending on appearances and promotion, and started the campaign as captain under Sven-Goran Eriksson.

But he ended the season stripped of the captaincy and out in the cold after falling out of favour under Pearson.

However, Mills said there was no bad feeling on his part towards City or Pearson.

"The manager (Pearson) took over and kept me on as club captain, and I played maybe 15 games under him, so I didn't think there was an issue," said Mills.

"He's had different ideas and brought in different players and I understand it. He didn't sign me, so I haven't got a problem.

"My intentions were good signing for Leicester, and under Sven I thought things were starting to build. But that's football – a new manager comes in and he has different ideas. I respect that and I don't have a problem with it.

"It's led me to this opportunity, so I guess everything happens for a reason."

On £39,000 per week Mills has been able to afford to hire his own PR manager maybe? Na just joking good on him I think he gets a bit too much stick on here sometimes, yeah he can't pass very well but I think we are short on evidence that he has a really bad attitude which many fans are making out

He had clearly been completely ostracised by the management and his fellow players

To quote yourself. Says it all. Comes in as skipper and this was the result. As bad as Wise on my book.

As bad as wise? Wtf..

Might actually give this a listen to

Ian Stringer@StringerSport

Matt Mills has just given me details of his 'falling out' with Nigel Pearson. His only in-depth interview on the matter. 104.9fm 6pm tonight

Great. I'm looking forward to the reaction we'll have on here from this one-sided account of events.

Archived