Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SharpeFox

Here's my take on the Mills saga...

Might actually give this a listen to

Ian Stringer@StringerSport

Matt Mills has just given me details of his 'falling out' with Nigel Pearson. His only in-depth interview on the matter. 104.9fm 6pm tonight

The fact that he has put 'falling out' probably shows he won't say a bad word about Pearson and say there was no fall out. Then Stringer will go on for 20 minutes dragging out the conversation by talking about Sven and when he first joined.

Might actually give this a listen to

Ian Stringer@StringerSport

Matt Mills has just given me details of his 'falling out' with Nigel Pearson. His only in-depth interview on the matter. 104.9fm 6pm tonight

Reported in the Mercury this morning that there was no falling out with Pearson, so I doubt were going to hear anything different from that interview

Weird player... odd for a big man to be so easily bullied out of games on so many occasions, the latest of which was Watford game which saw him dropped & then the altercation, if he can't take being dropped after awful game and thinks he should be on the team sheet, he's better off doing one.

Also, the most meek & silent captain I've ever seen at a club, stupid decision!

Couldn't give 2 hoots what he says on RL tonight, unless Stringer balances the interview with the club/NP's opinion, it's just going to be a one-sided propaganda exercise in reducing the boos when we play him next.

Says Matt Mills.

Well yeah... Like I said, unless the club/NP has the right of reply it's just a one-sided piece of propaganda, Sven's band of merry-men will just use it as another reason to criticise NP and that's about it.

Don't know what to think really...

He's saying he did get his head down and work hard to get another chance but it "wasn't enough". But there has got to be another problem, and I think Stringer knows it deep down as well because I heard him say little things, such as "St Ledger did it" etc

I agree with cc_star above, the Sven fans will use it against Nigel, but this is only one half of the story. And, I back the manager and not a Bolton defender.

So there we have it. Not spat, no argument.

Are managers not allowed to choose their own players, if he felt he wasn't good enough that's his perogative.

Mills never sought Pearson out to rectify it "hard man to track down" my arse. And he refused to go out on loan when told he could.

I would guess, Pearson didn't fancy him as a player and wanted to get rid so he could be replaced. Mills refused to go, so Pearson reverted to his old tactic of dumping players in the reserves to force him out. (like Bullard).

Mills spelled it out in the fact that he stated 'speculated' that Pearson felt he was undermining his authority as players were coming to him (Mills) to discuss issues etc. Sounds to me that Mills didn't like Pearson's way of playing/decision making and might well have been making waves throughout the team.

I think the most telling part of the interview was the comment about Pearson feeling threatened by the club captain asking questions about the strategy. I still have big questions about Pearson's management style. The young guns don't ask questions. Just like business, that will work up to a point - but it will only take you so far. I wish I felt happier about Pearson, but for me the jury is still out. Winning League One is a very different matter to winning the championship. If Mills goes on to be a success, is this Sven wasting money, or Nigel's mis-management? Jury is still out.

So there we have it. Not spat, no argument.

Are managers not allowed to choose their own players, if he felt he wasn't good enough that's his perogative.

Mills never sought Pearson out to rectify it "hard man to track down" my arse. And he refused to go out on loan when told he could.

I would guess, Pearson didn't fancy him as a player and wanted to get rid so he could be replaced. Mills refused to go, so Pearson reverted to his old tactic of dumping players in the reserves to force him out. (like Bullard).

To be fair he did say why he refused to go out on loan... Club captain on Tuesday, available to leave the club on Saturday... I myself would have been surprised and upset if this were the case. How would most people react if they were an important part of something, had a 'bad day at the office' and then they were suddenly surplus to requirements?

It seems to me that there were simply two strong characters, neither of whom were going to make much of an effort to reconcile matters. Or so it would seem.

To be fair he did say why he refused to go out on loan... Club captain on Tuesday, available to leave the club on Saturday... I myself would have been surprised and upset if this were the case.

It seems to me that there were simply two strong characters, neither of whom were going to make much of an effort to reconcile matters. Or so it would seem.

If you aren't wanted you aren't wanted. Doesn't matter who or what you are. "out of respect for the fans" rubbish.

Well yeah... Like I said, unless the club/NP has the right of reply it's just a one-sided piece of propaganda, Sven's band of merry-men will just use it as another reason to criticise NP and that's about it.

bit like how the NP merry men used "rumours" to blame it all on matt mills...

What stood out for me was Mills said that NP didn't like it even when he came to him as captain with questions from other players who had concerns.

He said "perhaps", well perhaps Mills was asking too many questions. And perhaps his style of asking questions leaves much to be desired.

If you aren't wanted you aren't wanted. Doesn't matter who or what you are. "out of respect for the fans" rubbish.

I also believe there is a certain way to treat people, no matter who or what you are.

However, we need the other side of the story, which will most likely never come.

He said "perhaps", well perhaps Mills was asking too many questions. And perhaps his style of asking questions leaves much to be desired.

#

That's rubbish. A manager needs to take responsibility for 'managing' situations. Pearson should be trying to understand why he's asking questions and seeking to resolve it.

I also believe there is a certain way to treat people, no matter who or what you are.

However, we need the other side of the story, which will most likely never come.

And what way is that then? Play someone you don't want? Give someone a chance who you don't want around?

Archived