Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DB11

Swedish Feminists want Men to sit while urinating

NOW SIT, INGVAR

Young women in Sweden, Germany and Australia have a new cause: They want men to sit down while urinating. This demand comes partly from concerns about hygiene -- avoiding the splash factor -- but, as Jasper Gerard reports in the English magazine The Spectator, "more crucially because a man standing up to urinate is deemed to be triumphing in his masculinity, and by extension, degrading women." One argument is that if women can't do it, then men shouldn't either. Another is that standing upright while relieving oneself is "a nasty macho gesture," suggestive of male violence.

A feminist group at Stockholm University is campaigning to ban all urinals from campus, and one Swedish elementary school has already removed them. In Australia, an Internet survey shows that 17 percent of those polled think men ought to sit, while 70 percent believe they should be allowed to stand. Some Swedish women are pressuring their men to take a stand, so to speak. Yola, a 25-year-old Swedish trainee psychiatrist, says she dumps boyfriends who insist on standing. "What else can I do?," said her new boyfriend, Ingvar, who sits.

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnleo/2000/08/17/another_harasser_brought_to_justice/page/full/

As well as a load of other links by using Google. Ridiculous lol

How is getting rid of urinals going to help their cause? That will mean more piss on toilet seats.

Who do they think they are?

"One argument is that if women can't do it, then men shouldn't either."

Let's ban reading maps, parking and throwing, then. :ph34r:

Other measures include men having to talk in a higher pitch voice, only wear uncomfortable shoes and park with as much skill and precision as a blind amputee.

Oh and take all little jokes really seriously.

Edit: damn you Raw Dykes, you stole my thunder

Other measures include men having to talk in a higher pitch voice, only wear uncomfortable shoes and park with as much skill and precision as a blind amputee.

Oh and take all little jokes really seriously.

Edit: damn you Raw Dykes, you stole my thunder

I stole your thunder to a lesser extent than you stole my joke. ;)

If they want to play this game, then we should probably ban pregnancy and multiple orgasms to make it fair.

I stole your thunder to a lesser extent than you stole my joke. ;)

If they want to play this game, then we should probably ban pregnancy and multiple orgasms to make it fair.

I didn't steal your joke, I just took too long to compose it, I changed the wording a few times to improve on humour and minimise on offence.

I should have stuck with my original, which was:

"Men also to be forced to be whiny little bitches"

I could MAYBE understand if it was purely for cleanliness reasons but then, as others have said, urinals would be a plus not a negative.

The rubbish about it being offensive to women is ****ing retarded.

They shouldn't be watching, so they shouldn't know if a man is standing or not!

I didn't steal your joke, I just took too long to compose it, I changed the wording a few times to improve on humour and minimise on offence.

Don't worry - I know - that's why I put the winking smiley.

I should have stuck with my original, which was:

"Men also to be forced to be whiny little bitches"

lol

But we can't do that, so that should be banned, too.

I could MAYBE understand if it was purely for cleanliness reasons but then, as others have said, urinals would be a plus not a negative.

The rubbish about it being offensive to women is ****ing retarded.

They shouldn't be watching, so they shouldn't know if a man is standing or not!

I went to Knebworth the other week, to see RHCP, and it was massively under tolieted, while in a queue for some unisex port-a-loos, some girls behind asked why we weren't using the urinal. We didn't know there were any and naturally having a bladder full of cider we made our way over to the plastic pissing troughs, I would have loved to have known about this at the time and turned round and said that we were fighting for the sisterhood, we will not oppress you with our advantageous additional appendages, and then gone in the toilet and pissed all over the seat.

What about the disabled? It's inconsiderate and downright rude of able-bodied people to walk, run, dance and jump around, rubbing it in their faces.

"more crucially because an able-bodied person walking is deemed to be triumphing in their working legs, and by extension, degrading the disabled."One argument is that if the disabled can't do it, then the able-bodied shouldn't either. Another is that standing upright or walking is "a nasty macho gesture," suggestive of able-bodied people's violence.

I sometimes do this anyway because I'm an extremely lazy indivdual.

Or because I am playing a game on my phone and don't want to interrupt it

A couple of years ago we were on holiday in Ibiza. My wife went into the loos at the hotel we were stating at and one of the childrens reps was in there standing up and pissing without shutting the door. The dirty bitch!!

The piss on toilet seats is a valid point.

Virtually every time I go to use a public cubicle the seat is covered in piss. The floor too. What do these people do? wave it around? I'm sure it's deliberate... or maybe they have got a woman holding it for them...

Anyway, they wouldn't do it home (I assume) so why make it umpleasant for fellow men.

For the record I sit to pee, it's an age thing

Archived