Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ian the fox

The silence is deafening

This time last year we had a strong team (on paper), Sven, The Mercury. Stringer and many fans told us this. Last year Reading sold us Mills, they got promoted. This year we sold Mills ermmm does lightening strike twice I wonder. Last year we borrowed loads of money from the owners this year we did not. I fully expect this 'weaker' team to do the business and improve on last season.

This time last year we had a strong team (on paper), Sven, The Mercury. Stringer and many fans told us this. Last year Reading sold us Mills, they got promoted. This year we sold Mills ermmm does lightening strike twice I wonder. Last year we borrowed loads of money from the owners this year we did not. I fully expect this 'weaker' team to do the business and improve on last season.

Fully agree.

Also, just because you commented on the sale of Mills... Reading's last game of the season was against a club from the (West) Midlands, away from home :sweating:

Having a compacter squad will probably work wonders for us this time round, Sven's strategy of having 2 players for each place was flawed and detrimental to team morale and I guess the players weren't pulling in the same direction i.e promotion.

We don't need that many players just a first choice Left winger instead of Dyer and a CB.

Let Pearson do thing`s his way, He is trying to right the wrong`s of sven`s transfer deal`s and the way he conducted them with everyone to know. Like it has been mentioned already, there is still over a month to go till the start of the season and Pearson has already said that he will try and add a couple of player`s during that time. I also think that we need to concentrate on our work ethic and togetherness as a squad! didn`t look like a team compared to the likes of Reading or southampton.

Having a compacter squad will probably work wonders for us this time round, Sven's strategy of having 2 players for each place was flawed and detrimental to team morale and I guess the players weren't pulling in the same direction i.e promotion.

We don't need that many players just a first choice Left winger instead of Dyer and a CB.

I agree Svens strategy was flawed. In terms of recognised wingers we had Dyer and you could argue Gallagher (and Danns maybe??). If he was having two players for every position we'd have had less CM's and some wide players.

I think that will be addressed under Pearson. How many times last season could we get hold of the ball for long enough but not break down the opposition defence? We were in need of players with that extra bit of pace down the flanks or an innovative pass.

For me we need a LM, CB and a large CF. Assuming we sell Peltier we will also need a RB. De Laet can play there but I think we need an established RB.

Weaker squad yes, weaker first 11... maybe not.

And the excuse that NP used extensively in the latter part of last season was???

Weak and small squad. Now much smaller.

And his transfer policy?? Do the business early on so we can have time to gel.

Buying will come in time, it would be stupid if Pearson didn't sign anyone else.

Point is we lack serious depth, and it needs to be filled with more players, yes teams like Huddersfield are going about their business in a fast manner, but Pearson knows who he wants and knows what to do.

The squad at the minute is weaker in my opinion, but that will be put right sooner or later, with the current bunch of players we certainly wouldn't get top six, we would even be lucky to finish top half.

Buying will come in time, it would be stupid if Pearson didn't sign anyone else.

Point is we lack serious depth, and it needs to be filled with more players, yes teams like Huddersfield are going about their business in a fast manner, but Pearson knows who he wants and knows what to do.

The squad at the minute is weaker in my opinion, but that will be put right sooner or later, with the current bunch of players we certainly wouldn't get top six, we would even be lucky to finish top half.

KingFox where has your thread gone? :o

Foxestalk doesn't want any members to become bigger than Foxestalk itself maybe

Probably felt threatened.

At least people had a laugh that was my intentions, don't want the forum being boring with people complaining that nobody listens to there comments, like some guy mentioned a couple of days ago. Need to spread a little bit of fun now and again especially as we are in a boring part of the season.

Having a memory is a a bad thing if your a Leicester fan ..........

8 new players were promised a few week ago ,

whats going on ???? we are now a weaker side than last year "imo"

Who promised 8 signings? The season hasn't started yet, just chill out and trust person.

Having a memory is a a bad thing if your a Leicester fan ..........

8 new players were promised a few week ago ,

whats going on ???? we are now a weaker side than last year "imo"

Potentially the most ridiculous post all summer, including the tripe that TrickyFox comes out with. Plenty of time to sign the right new player(s) rather than panic buy. Have some faith and enjoy the weather / your holiday / the Olympics, and talk about squad strength once the transfer window has closed

I can't see how we're weaker, not in the slightest. Bamba and Mills are gone, and while they had their moments, on the whole they caused a lot of problems defence-wise. The other players let go were barely (if at all) used last season.

We've got 3 new signings who I'm sure will bring a lot to the team (Vardy in particular, I think he'll be a great fit for the team), Danns and King back from injury, a possible 2 or 3 more signings on the way... and most of all - Pearson has the summer to get his squad into the shape he wants and I really think morale will be higher than it was at the start of last season. Now if we can just get the season underway with 2 back-to-back wins...

Archived