Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Nigel Pearson, will he be given enough time to do the job?

Considering the constrains of football with FFP coming in etc. and generally transfers at a lower level slowing down, Pearson should be given the season. Very little point paying a manager off mid-season and paying compo mid-season for another manager. As much I was no fan of Sven, the sacking was very harsh and he should have given long (that said it seemed o heading towards financial meltdown.)

There's a lot of talk about playing style leading to more supporters. The bottom line is only promotion will see Filbo Way having 26k plus in it.

Do you enjoy making an absolute tool out of yourself? You absolute muppet. A win = progression = FORWARD.

I love making a tool out of myself - arguably I should have put 1-0 is not the way forward when your defence is leaky and you struggle to score goals (was thinking it instead of writing it) and of course if we could pull it off it would be an improvement over last seasons weakness but - and this was the second half of the post, is Nige the man to build a 1-0 team? He found the nils harder to come by than Sven did and he has weakened rather than improved the defence. We'll have to wait and see - sorry I'm not great like you

I love making a tool out of myself - arguably I should have put 1-0 is not the way forward when your defence is leaky and you struggle to score goals (was thinking it instead of writing it) and of course if we could pull it off it would be an improvement over last seasons weakness but - and this was the second half of the post, is Nige the man to build a 1-0 team? He found the nils harder to come by than Sven did and he has weakened rather than improved the defence. We'll have to wait and see - sorry I'm not great like you

What does that mean?

With a defence that wasn't his. Since the summer (when Nigel has actually got the opportunity to build his own defence) he has sold two centre backs and brought in a right back who will no doubt start ahead of Peltier.

The last time Pearson was here our defence was a unit and was solid, and I believe he will make us solid at the back once again. He know's what he is doing, and you know he was a pretty solid defender during his playing days.

Thracian made the pint that playing for 1-0 was not the way forward and I agree - particularly when you have (as we had last season) a crappy leaky defence and struggled to score goals - keep up lad

If you've got a crap attack and a crap defence maybe you shouldn't be playing.

Although I was against sven leaving at the time, pearson is making clever transfers, sven made huge mistakes.. (apart from kasper, nuge, konch)Pearson brought in marshall who has looked great so far, Give him the full season or at least until christmas if we are doing terrbile.

Thracian made the pint that playing for 1-0 was not the way forward and I agree - particularly when you have (as we had last season) a crappy leaky defence and struggled to score goals - keep up lad

Ah, right you are. When you said 1-0, I thought you just meant winning 1-0 and couldn't make sense of your comment. I didn't know you meant aiming for 1-0. Makes sense now. I agree - aiming for a win by one goal is a risky game to play.

Archived