Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Nigel Pearson, will he be given enough time to do the job?

Let's see how we're all feeling in early Nov shall we?

:rolleyes:

Moaned about the owners for firing Sven in his second season, saying they did not give him enough time and has been sticking the knife in well before the season has started.

Hope he's right, Claridge knows his stuff. This time last year most of us were saying what's he on about, but he was correct in the end.

Got to admit, I have more confidence in Pearson, than I did in Sven. I think, with a new left winger and a back up centre back, we have the quality to push forward. Hopefully this season the defence will be more solid, more of a unit, but I know Pearson will build this, as he did the last time he was here.

I hope the owners have the patience, but I hope the fans do as well. I always fear that if we don't beat Peterborough, some of the Pearson-doubters will start. But you only have to look at Reading last season; they won one game in their first month and that was against us :rolleyes:

I'm fully behind Nigel Pearson and the players, I know he can get this right.

Looking at most of your posts, it's like your willing him to fail?! :glare:

Great, now we get another 'I want him to succeed, but heres 500 reasons why he won't and as a result I will not support our manager' post, cheers. :P

the season dont end in novemeber..

as much as i dislike him he should be given the full season.. if we havent made it then then its time to re evaluate things.

hes had his pre season, his own signings, so he needs the full season..

Could someone please explain why some people support leicester but not the manager... Is it because we now have money you expect us to buy the league it was tried and we failed i bet the people who want that were the sven fan boys.

Dont matter who the manager is or who the players are support the team and stop being so fickle

I think he will as a chap at work, who reckons he has got big contacts at City, reckons we're skint and wouldn't necessarily be that quick to dismiss due to compensation etc. I personally think City do have the money however...

I wouldn't say we are skint? But it is more to do with cost cutting exercise and FFP coming in as getting the high earners of the books means i.e if we don't go up this season to come we aren't going to be hit with point deductions etc.

It's true about Claridge, he got on my nerves with what seemed like constant negativity but over time it seems he got it spot on.

Sousa was making mistakes from the off and Sven spent a lot of money on a mediocre team.

I don't think Pearson has obviously done anything wrong and he also probably hasn't bigged up what he is going to do to Top, he has probably been more realistic. I think Sven probably vastly underestimated the Championship.

So I expect him to have more time.

Could someone please explain why some people support leicester but not the manager... Is it because we now have money you expect us to buy the league it was tried and we failed i bet the people who want that were the sven fan boys.

Dont matter who the manager is or who the players are support the team and stop being so fickle

Peter Taylor

I think he will as a chap at work, who reckons he has got big contacts at City, reckons we're skint and wouldn't necessarily be that quick to dismiss due to compensation etc. I personally think City do have the money however...

Skint? Spending £1m on a conference striker is hardly skint. Cutting back ridiculous over spends yes, skint, no.

Hope he's right, Claridge knows his stuff. This time last year most of us were saying what's he on about, but he was correct in the end.

Got to admit, I have more confidence in Pearson, than I did in Sven. I think, with a new left winger and a back up centre back, we have the quality to push forward. Hopefully this season the defence will be more solid, more of a unit, but I know Pearson will build this, as he did the last time he was here.

I hope the owners have the patience, but I hope the fans do as well. I always fear that if we don't beat Peterborough, some of the Pearson-doubters will start. But you only have to look at Reading last season; they won one game in their first month and that was against us :rolleyes:

I'm fully behind Nigel Pearson and the players, I know he can get this right.

Yes, him failing would make me so happy, I am always on a high when Leicester are doing badly. On the other hand, suspecting that his dismal record over the past 2 seasons is a sign that he rode his luck in his previous spell here and has lost some of that sparkle - his close season pulling power so far has suggested he can punch his weight against mid table Championship teams and his performance as a manager in the league back this up - is not willing him to fail - quite the opposite, I am willing him to perform miracles, and every naff decision he makes means he is more likely to have to do this than if he was making good ones - plus it appears he can't count and that worries me as well

Skint? Spending £1m on a conference striker is hardly skint. Cutting back ridiculous over spends yes, skint, no.

Please read this again - £1m on a non league Shef Weds reject and ridiculous overspends do seem to be very similar things

Archived