Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Oadby Fox

Nigel Pearson, will he be given enough time to do the job?

With attitudes like that he might as well just walk out now.

There really are some clueless twats on this forum, judge him and the players he's signed and the players that we have kept from last season on what they do now. Last season like the one before was an expensive destabilising write-off.

Put it behind us and forget all our preconceptions, good or bad, give our manager and players a clean slate and just ****ing support them rather than write them off before a ball has been kicked.

So let's look at the facts, 30 ish games to get us promoted and despite the pearson fans' bleats of it's not his team and give him time he failed miserably. He's got rid of bamba and mills and possibly Beckford soon. He's signed two more of Manchester United's rejects, make it three if we include danny give the ball away cheaply Drinkwater. He's signed a non-league striker to boost our attack and he's chasing his old mates from hull city to see if they can do a better job for us than they did for hull.

despite the pearson loving that exists on this forum, i for one am not being taken in by it.

I hope the most we give this fool is another ten games then pull the plug on him.

Now i'm sure the forum bullies and good grammar police will be at me in droves but ffs look at the statistics before you make your points.

I already know i'm a twat and a fool and an idiot and my grammar is crap and i'm not a real fan and i don't care about the foxes so please try replying with facts and common sense!

I don't see the problem with getting rid of Bamba (a player who wasn't convincing at defending) and Mills (overpriced, yet good Championship defender who's relationship with our manager broke down). Also, where's the Beckford soon bit come from? I have heard nothing so far, and although you would imagine a striker leaving, I haven't heard anything Beckford-related.

Are you adding Marshall to the 'rejects' list as well, he was released by Manchester United? I recall Savage being a Manchester United 'reject', I recall Izzet being a Chelsea 'reject'. Steve Morison is a Northampton 'reject' while Anthony Pilkington is a Manchester United 'reject'. I suppose you could add Cantona as well to the list of 'rejects' considering his days at Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds... We are Leicester City, not Manchester United. We cannot attract first team International players like Xavi, Steven Gerrard and Messi. We have to look within the reserves of the big clubs, I see no problem with that.

What is wrong with giving Vardy a chance? Morison was given a chance by Millwall, likewise Charlie Austin at Burnley. They have both produced goals at this level, why can't Vardy do the same? Just because he has signed from Fleetwood and not Arsenal, you seem to write him off. Here are some non league examples for you;

. Ian Wright

. Les Ferdinand

. Kevin Phillps

. Stan Collymore

. Kerry Dixon

. Steve Guppy

They all produced at the top level after impressing at non league. Some of them are the among the greatest Premier League footballers ever, and our very own Steve Guppy gets a quick mention as well.

I wouldn't call it a Pearson 'love in'. I like him, no doubt. Why? He got us promoted from League One at the first time of asking, did Nottingham Forest get promoted first time? No. Southampton, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday? No. Huddersfield, Preston, Sheffield United? No. Pearson then guided us to fifth in the Championship, and ok we didn't make the final, but we were solid, consistant and hard to beat throughout the season. A spirit within the team existed and we looked like a force. This was all done on little, if not any, money to spend. I'll look at the statistics, because they can never lie. He has the best win % of any Leicester City manager. He has lost less than 10 games at home in his two spells at the club. He took a relegated team and made them the fifth best team in this division with little finances.

Also, last season, the Champions of the Championship, Reading, had a very poor start. The first month, August, looked like this for them:

Millwall 2-2 D

Leicester (Sven) 2-0 :rolleyes: W

Portsmouth 0-1 L

Barnsley 1-2 L

Charlton (Cup) 1-2 L

Hull (Pearson) 0-1 L

I couldn't image some of the reactions on here if they were our results and Pearson was manager, could you? Oh wait, I could. There is no need for stupid threads on a consistant basis. Support the manager. We haven't even kicked a ball yet and we are seeing posts critisizing Pearson already... It is so annoying. I want him to get us promoted because I love the club, I like Nigel, but I want him to do it even more so we can look at these threads again!

Your last sentance, (which is underlined), sums it up for me.

I don't see the problem with getting rid of Bamba (a player who wasn't convincing at defending) and Mills (overpriced, yet good Championship defender who's relationship with our manager broke down). Also, where's the Beckford soon bit come from? I have heard nothing so far, and although you would imagine a striker leaving, I haven't heard anything Beckford-related.

Are you adding Marshall to the 'rejects' list as well, he was released by Manchester United? I recall Savage being a Manchester United 'reject', I recall Izzet being a Chelsea 'reject'. Steve Morison is a Northampton 'reject' while Anthony Pilkington is a Manchester United 'reject'. I suppose you could add Cantona as well to the list of 'rejects' considering his days at Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds... We are Leicester City, not Manchester United. We cannot attract first team International players like Xavi, Steven Gerrard and Messi. We have to look within the reserves of the big clubs, I see no problem with that.

What is wrong with giving Vardy a chance? Morison was given a chance by Millwall, likewise Charlie Austin at Burnley. They have both produced goals at this level, why can't Vardy do the same? Just because he has signed from Fleetwood and not Arsenal, you seem to write him off. Here are some non league examples for you;

. Ian Wright

. Les Ferdinand

. Kevin Phillps

. Stan Collymore

. Kerry Dixon

. Steve Guppy

They all produced at the top level after impressing at non league. Some of them are the among the greatest Premier League footballers ever, and our very own Steve Guppy gets a quick mention as well.

I wouldn't call it a Pearson 'love in'. I like him, no doubt. Why? He got us promoted from League One at the first time of asking, did Nottingham Forest get promoted first time? No. Southampton, Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday? No. Huddersfield, Preston, Sheffield United? No. Pearson then guided us to fifth in the Championship, and ok we didn't make the final, but we were solid, consistant and hard to beat throughout the season. A spirit within the team existed and we looked like a force. This was all done on little, if not any, money to spend. I'll look at the statistics, because they can never lie. He has the best win % of any Leicester City manager. He has lost less than 10 games at home in his two spells at the club. He took a relegated team and made them the fifth best team in this division with little finances.

Also, last season, the Champions of the Championship, Reading, had a very poor start. The first month, August, looked like this for them:

Millwall 2-2 D

Portsmouth 0-1 L

Barnsley 1-2 L

Charlton (Cup) 1-2 L

Hull (Pearson) 0-1 L

I couldn't image some of the reactions on here if they were our results and Pearson was manager, could you? Oh wait, I could. There is no need for stupid threads on a consistant basis. Support the manager. We haven't even kicked a ball yet and we are seeing posts critisizing Pearson already... It is so annoying. I want him to get us promoted because I love the club, I like Nigel, but I want him to do it even more so we can look at these threads again!

Post of the year?

Seriously, why do you ask this?

You obviously don't want him in charge now, so why dress it up and "give him x amount of games"?

I'm sick of managerial upheaval virtually every year. We get the merry-go-round and it's counter-productive for the club.

Seriously, why do you ask this?

You obviously don't want him in charge now, so why dress it up and "give him x amount of games"?

I'm sick of managerial upheaval virtually every year. We get the merry-go-round and it's counter-productive for the club.

Some people obviously love changing manager every 30 games, just keep sacking them we'll get one who turns the club around instantly one day.

. Ian Wright

. Les Ferdinand

. Kevin Phillps

. Stan Collymore

. Kerry Dixon

. Steve Guppy

Millwall 2-2 D

Portsmouth 0-1 L

Barnsley 1-2 L

Charlton (Cup) 1-2 L

Hull (Pearson) 0-1 L

I wish I could knight you for this!

I don't understand this constant need for people to put their guesses in on when Pearson will get sacked. It's a new season, it will be his own team, there's no need to question him in preseason when he's going to be our manager no matter what! Fair enough if we're in November, sitting close to the bottom of the table and the team looks poor then go for it. The only real thing you can get out of this is to say 'I told you so' if you do turn out to be right, which I highly doubt, it may be your own opinion but you almost seem to be willing us to fail.

. Ian Wright

. Les Ferdinand

. Kevin Phillps

. Stan Collymore

. Kerry Dixon

. Steve Guppy

Millwall 2-2 D

Portsmouth 0-1 L

Barnsley 1-2 L

Charlton (Cup) 1-2 L

Hull (Pearson) 0-1 L

Total genius. Thread closed...

I don't understand this constant need for people to put their guesses in on when Pearson will get sacked. It's a new season, it will be his own team, there's no need to question him in preseason when he's going to be our manager no matter what! Fair enough if we're in November, sitting close to the bottom of the table and the team looks poor then go for it. The only real thing you can get out of this is to say 'I told you so' if you do turn out to be right, which I highly doubt, it may be your own opinion but you almost seem to be willing us to fail.

They are.

Willing us to fail - a fallacy propagated by 'true' fans of Leicester City who believe all the hype and tripe coming out of the King Power stadium - its 'true'fans like this that keep ineffective clueless boards and average managers and teams in jobs - just because you have been suckered into believing they all know what they are doing, doesn't make others 'non Leicester fans' or 'willing us to fail' because we don't

Arguably, by accepting mediocrity, you are 'willing us to fail' more than those who want an ambitious and intelligently run club

And before anyone wastes time typing the words 'beloved Sven' - try to look forward rather than backwards (unlike the club)

Willing us to fail - a fallacy propagated by 'true' fans of Leicester City who believe all the hype and tripe coming out of the King Power stadium - its 'true'fans like this that keep ineffective clueless boards and average managers and teams in jobs - just because you have been suckered into believing they all know what they are doing, doesn't make others 'non Leicester fans' or 'willing us to fail' because we don't

Arguably, by accepting mediocrity, you are 'willing us to fail' more than those who want an ambitious and intelligently run club

Who said anything about accepting mediocrity? Being negative and writing off our manager and his signings without seein them play is just plain stupid.

And why is our club not being intelligently ran? By getting a manager renowned for his ability of balancing books and getting the most out of his players? By trying to reduce the wage bill in preparations for FFP?

You are by far the most negative, pathetic little Internet troll I've seen.

And before anyone wastes time typing the words 'beloved Sven' - try to look forward rather than backwards (unlike the club)

You are becoming so F***ING BORING!!!

. Ian Wright

. Les Ferdinand

. Kevin Phillps

. Stan Collymore

. Kerry Dixon

. Steve Guppy

Millwall 2-2 D

Portsmouth 0-1 L

Barnsley 1-2 L

Charlton (Cup) 1-2 L

Hull (Pearson) 0-1 L

Great post mate....

I'm sick of this kind of negativity. Wanting a manager sacked before we've even built the squad and started the pre-season friendlies is ridiculous. Considering Sven's transfer policy last season and the squad building that Pearson is having to do as a result, all under the restrictions of FFP, we are unlikely to get promoted this season but we won't go down either so realistic expectations are the order of the day. Just get behind the team instead of willing it to fail

Been away on hols for a week and I really have not missed your posts to be fair.

As I said a week or so ago, why prophesise about what might happen NOW?

Give the manager time to sort out his newly assembled squad, then judge.

For me I'm a little torn... I don't think the squad looks very strong at present. But it's futile suggesting that we ain't gonna do well at this point, because you really don't know.

I don't get why people have such short memories.

I'm not living in the past off what Pearson did for us before - I'm using that as evidence to show why he can do it again.

Pearson's the one manager since MON that I've felt throughout his entire tenure we were making progress. We had the odd setback here and there but we always returned stronger.

We've made very slow progress since that Millwall defeat, but still progress for me. I don't get why people seem to be such huge fans of players who are on more money than the ones who got us to 5th, the ones who were regularly in an inconsistent side, the ones who are more expensive yet deliver less - that isn't opinion, that is a fact, I'm absolutely certain some people judge a player 100% on what we paid for them or where we've got them from.

Last time Pearson had his own settled squad we went from strength to strength for two years, he's about to get his own in again, why the fvck can people not give this a chance?

Been away on hols for a week and I really have not missed your posts to be fair.

As I said a week or so ago, why prophesise about what might happen NOW?

Give the manager time to sort out his newly assembled squad, then judge.

For me I'm a little torn... I don't think the squad looks very strong at present. But it's futile suggesting that we ain't gonna do well at this point, because you really don't know.

I am torn too - wanting to put a rocket up the managers arse so he signs some quality footballers (and not necessarily expensive ones) seems to be seen as negative - who wants him sacked??? That he should never have been reappointed is one point but the other is now that he has come here and is taking a mill a year out of the club, he could show a bit of ambition - the squad may be better and I will be first to be impressed if it is - but it doesn't look like it - why is anyone else on here if not to voice an opinion on the state of things at the club??? Or are you all just lonely?

PS - I missed you Col

You bang on about people accepting mediocrity yet you were very happy with a manager who spent Premier League money to get us exactly there, so how the fvck you work that one out I don't know.

You bang on about people accepting mediocrity yet you were very happy with a manager who spent Premier League money to get us exactly there, so how the fvck you work that one out I don't know.

At least you didn't actually type beloved Sven and for that I thank you (even if your point is thin)

I'm sick of this kind of negativity. Wanting a manager sacked before we've even built the squad and started the pre-season friendlies is ridiculous. Considering Sven's transfer policy last season and the squad building that Pearson is having to do as a result, all under the restrictions of FFP, we are unlikely to get promoted this season but we won't go down either so realistic expectations are the order of the day. Just get behind the team instead of willing it to fail

its posts like this that worry me..

making excuses for failure all ready.

Archived