Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Safestanding Roadshow Coming to Leicester- Confirmation

The chief superintendent who 1964fox invited down was well impressed. He is a STH at Filbert way lol but to be fair he had his professional head on. Basically saw no argument against the rail seats. Same went for one of the mayor of leicesters team.

The mercury came and took some photos and questioned a fair few fans. As did the 'unofficial foxblogger' who interviewed myself and a couple of others. He also does work for the bbc so was trying to get some mention through them too. A fair few fans signed the petition though ive not counted yet. I couldve perhaps gone around with the sheets and got more signatures in all honesty.

Speaking to someone else afterwards, they were told that Susan whealan will reply retrospectively.

The copper also has invited the roadshow and john down to a meeting where all superintendents in charge of matchdays will be present.

Big thanks to john Gary and ashley for their help. It wouldnt have been a sucess without them, and of course everyone who came down to have a look. Thanks!

Stu. I have to congratulate you on organising this event for fans to make them aware it can be done my self and Heggsy shown our faces I only recognised 1964 fox misses who smiled at me when I looked in her way. I really do hope we can get safe standing going in England.

I did think the stand would be bigger than two rows though.

Stu. I have to congratulate you on organising this event for fans to make them aware it can be done my self and Heggsy shown our faces I only recognised 1964 fox misses who smiled at me when I looked in her way. I really do hope we can get safe standing going in England.

It would be pretty difficult to keep it mobile if it was bigger

It was heavy to be fair. John goes up and down the country in his own time and money to do it so it was much appreciated him coming down

Fair play to the man. Was nice to see though. Let's hope we can get this in England sometime soon.

Hi All,

Thanks for inviting me up to Leicester. Thought it all went well. The key plus points from my point of view were the support expressed by the chief superintendent (who in a personal capacity also signed the petition) and assistant mayor Sarah Russell, who said she could see no downsides to the rail seat concept. I hope that the local media who were there will also report positively on what they saw.

It was a shame that nobody from the club saw fit to attend. However, if Susan Whelan is indeed to respond in retrospect, I look forward to hearing what she has to say.

Thanks for everyone's help setting up ... and to the staff of the Counting House for help in loading up the van afterwards.

Hi All,

Thanks for inviting me up to Leicester. Thought it all went well. The key plus points from my point of view were the support expressed by the chief superintendent (who in a personal capacity also signed the petition) and assistant mayor Sarah Russell, who said she could see no downsides to the rail seat concept. I hope that the local media who were there will also report positively on what they saw.

It was a shame that nobody from the club saw fit to attend. However, if Susan Whelan is indeed to respond in retrospect, I look forward to hearing what she has to say.

Thanks for everyone's help setting up ... and to the staff of the Counting House for help in loading up the van afterwards.

Unsurprised but a piss poor show all the same.

Was good yesterday,we spoke to the chap for about 15 mins. Told us the club constantly ignore his emails and hs calls.I think i saw Stu but couldnt be sure until in the stadium as he was 2 rows infront of me.

My brother spoke to Gary for abit but i feel all this is just a waste of time if the club dont want anything to do with it.

Big shame as the stand is pretty impressive.

The guy also told that Celtic will have it within months.

Id just like to say im so glad we have fans such as Gary and Stu who are willing to put there time into organising something like this, its good that there bothered enough to bring this to the attention of others.

He also said that a 'major' premier league club is in support and will be going public, we said it would take one of these top clubs to go public for us 'smaller' (we're still massive) clubs to jump on the bandwagon.

I thought it looked the top notch and would love to have that at the King Power. I never got a chance to chat to Stu but he was pointed out to me by 1964Fox - you've done a sterling effort mate, along with the pub for agreeing to hold the event, and anyone else who's been actively involved (Ashley/Heggsy? I think), well done, cracking effort, lets keep it up.

My wife is lovely and friendly Ashley so not surprised you got a smile, I have no idea how I managed to pull her. I assume I wasn't with her when you saw her.

I thought it went very well and hopefully Geoff( the cop) will arrange for John to make a presentation at a national policing event.

Also Sarah Russell has a page on Facebook and is asking for comments. If she gets elected in Nove,ber sh will be a very powerful lady politically so having her on side would be very helpful.

Wymsey as an internet tough guy is going to be like a cat barking isn't it?

Funny at first, then weird and finally you wind up wanting to stick it in a burlap sack with dumbbells in the bottom, ready for your local canal.

Archived