Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Safestanding Roadshow Coming to Leicester- Confirmation

The argument isn't just flawed, it's absolutely ridiculous.

I felt far safer during the Championship games at Peterborough where there were under 3000 on the terrace than I did in the League One game where there were over 4500 fans there, yet it is the former that will be illegal come May 2013.

The argument that the league in which the game is played somehow impacts upon the safety of the stand is nonsensical, surely if it is unsafe to stand in the top two divisions it is unsafe everywhere.

This, 100%

I say it so often but I have literally no idea how so many people who seem to have such highly paid jobs manage to make such laughable things up, such laughable rules and get away with it completely.

Fvcking outrageous. Absolutely embarrassing.

Alan Young: I'm not an advocate for bringing standing back, we've moved on from that.

:glare:

Bad, bad craic. I quite like Young as well.

I do think he's probably not that fussed in honesty and if he knew about all of this - he'd probably think otherwise.

When did Alan Young make his comment and in what context?

Jason Bourne made a comment during the game last night that it's nice for fans to be able to come to a ground and be able to stand.

Alan Young replied 'I'm not an advocate for bringing standing back, we've moved on from that' and added something along the lines of we know accidents happen with standing areas.

As I thought, like a lot of others he has this uninformed perception that standing is dangerous. I can understand because there are strong messages put out suggesting it is.

Our biggest task is getting people to realise the truth tha modern forms of terracing especially with rail setting and similar are just a saas seated areas. I like Alan, if you meet him he always has time for you so I'm sur h would listen to reason.

The argument isn't just flawed, it's absolutely ridiculous.

I felt far safer during the Championship games at Peterborough where there were under 3000 on the terrace than I did in the League One game where there were over 4500 fans there, yet it is the former that will be illegal come May 2013.

The argument that the league in which the game is played somehow impacts upon the safety of the stand is nonsensical, surely if it is unsafe to stand in the top two divisions it is unsafe everywhere.

Exactly.

Farcical thinking.

I asked Jim today (ex ticket office, now supporter liaison) and he said the structural changes needed would cost £250k !

That was needed to hold full pop concerts there becuase of the potential of everyone bouncing in unison to the beat we can't even get a dozen or so singing the same song :P

I asked Jim today (ex ticket office, now supporter liaison) and he said the structural changes needed would cost £250k !

That's chump change compared to the millions being pissed up the wall by the Thais.

That's chump change compared to the millions being pissed up the wall by the Thais.

But the club don't exactly have a good record of aiding fans who want to create an atmosphere. They were heavy handed with n block after 2 games of 'allowing' standing, they were funny with people on FT bringing in a flag, and both of these things and more happened to the Fosse Boys.

Lets face it - they see us as trouble causers and every club in the county could put in this rail seating and barclay would still sit there stubbornly giving crap excuses.

Prime example of the club's narrow minded egotistical nature - I tried to do a love music hate racism gig at the club 3 years ago (in one of the big rooms, not the stands). They basically laughed at me saying that the bands LMHR were planning on putting on for me (including the enemy) wouldn't happen and they were taking me for a ride. The lack of support meant that in the end we got a couple of unknown rappers and a Bhangra group (who were very good actually). A few weeks later stoke city do the same but get pete Doherty, Kelly rowland, jerry dammers, ndubz, Beautiful south et al.

Sort the Facebook pages description out guys. People don't know what it's all about, needs some substance. Then post something so everyone sees it and are reminded about what's happening.

I'm sure Ashley will sort that out, I will be trying to raise awareness as soon as I get back home to hopefully boost numbers in the run up to the event. I'm sure Stu will be doing the same.

But the club don't exactly have a good record of aiding fans who want to create an atmosphere. They were heavy handed with n block after 2 games of 'allowing' standing, they were funny with people on FT bringing in a flag, and both of these things and more happened to the Fosse Boys.

Lets face it - they see us as trouble causers and every club in the county could put in this rail seating and barclay would still sit there stubbornly giving crap excuses.

Prime example of the club's narrow minded egotistical nature - I tried to do a love music hate racism gig at the club 3 years ago (in one of the big rooms, not the stands). They basically laughed at me saying that the bands LMHR were planning on putting on for me (including the enemy) wouldn't happen and they were taking me for a ride. The lack of support meant that in the end we got a couple of unknown rappers and a Bhangra group (who were very good actually). A few weeks later stoke city do the same but get pete Doherty, Kelly rowland, jerry dammers, ndubz, Beautiful south et al.

I know full well why they will never agree to it being adopted - I was pointing out that cost is not one of the reasons.

Decided to return to the forum for a few weeks in advance of this - I'm delighted to see the work that has already been done by Stu, Bilo et al, and believe it can be a really successful day.

I will be there to offer what support I can. I have stood on pretty much all the different types of terracing in Germany (including rail seating in the away end at Bayer Leverkusen, as well as both types of the Südtribune), so may be able to clear up any misconceptions if necessary.

I havent been able to get much more out of Stringer, I'll give him another email to remind him. Also for those of you that are invloved in the Facebook page, I posted on there that I was talking to the admins of the Leicester City FC page, to try and get them to put a link in to the event in a status, as I said on there they have over 27000 people following them so it could potentially boost the number hugely if more people are informed. My correspondance with them has died off a bit, I got a message back from one of them saying they would try to fit it in somewhere, but I far as I know it hasnt been posted and when I asked again no one got back to me. Might be worth a couple of others messaging to show its not just me?

Archived