Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Anthony Knockaert

Ermmmm... I don't know... Perhaps..maybe...just throw something out there... How about we watch him play a fair amount of games for us....then decide whether he deserves superlatives or some of the comparisons and negative similes that have been offered to describe other foreign players we have had.

I understand forums are for discussion but Jesus Christ! Some of you would have an argument/ debate in an empty house.

Spot on it bores me to death seeing the same keyboard warriors posting the same negative drivel continually.

-_-

Context of the post to which I replied...

Watch the player yourself for at least a few matches, see if he adapts to the pace of the game, the players playing around him, the cultural differences, the fans reactions to him, the formation of the team etc etc etc.

Then decide on the player. ie. whatever is said of the player now, wait and see if he fits in to the Championship. That way, the expectations of yet another young player joining the club can be realistic and ensure that he's not put under too much pressure. I see your expectations of Matty James are apparently lowered cos of what someone told you...

How about watching him yourself?

Boy....!

:P

I've never seen Neymar play. Ever. I've seen a few goals on YouTube the same as Knockaert but I don't really know how good he is.

Should I not be excited if we were linked to him because all I have to go on is his track record and the views of those who have seen him?

Nobody likes a smart arse, lol

It will be interesting to see who starts and who's on the bench and who else leaves. Also what shape we take as it looks less and less like 4 4 2

Nobody likes a smart arse, lol

It will be interesting to see who starts and who's on the bench and who else leaves. Also what shape we take as it looks less and less like 4 4 2

Maybe you ain't so slow. I agree, the players we have at our disposal at the moment lend themselves to a midfield with three proper midfield players. 4-3-3, 4-3-1-2, 4-5-1.

Without a 'ball winning' midfielder we would struggle with 4-4-2 in the same way we have for the last two seasons. The only way a 4-4-2 could work would be with Marshall wide because he has good all round midfield capability and someone similar on the other side, which would have to mean no Dyer or Gallagher.

We do not yet know the all round capabilities of Vardy or Knockaert in that context, but we do know that Marshall, Vardy and Knockaert as well as Nugent, Beckford, Waghorn, and Schlupp could all play either side of a striker in a 4-3-3 formation and could all play striker if Futacs wasn't on the pitch.

I don't think anyones made any sweeping predictions for his future in the Championship, they've just relayed the type of player his is from what the French fans have been saying.

For all the reasons I've given above, I think its best just to wait and see.

God knows we've had some players at the club who's previous fans have either slated them or lauded them, and they've then either been great for us, or not very good.

I think its become a bit of an in-joke on here that certain players suddenly become hopeless when they don a City shirt.

If this lad is as good as the French say, brilliant, but I'd like to see him myself first, over the course of quite a few games, then make my mind up.

For all the reasons I've given above, I think its best just to wait and see.

God knows we've had some players at the club who's previous fans have either slated them or lauded them, and they've then either been great for us, or not very good.

I think its become a bit of an in-joke on here that certain players suddenly become hopeless when they don a City shirt.

If this lad is as good as the French say, brilliant, but I'd like to see him myself first, over the course of quite a few games, then make my mind up.

Kind of negates the whole point of this forum then really. Personally I'm pretty interested to hear what type of player we're about to sign from fans that have seen him play.

I've never seen Neymar play. Ever. I've seen a few goals on YouTube the same as Knockaert but I don't really know how good he is.

Should I not be excited if we were linked to him because all I have to go on is his track record and the views of those who have seen him?

Neymar is a world-class player, known to be so by most people who document football with 'any authority'.

Thats my point I guess...

Don't get me wrong, if this lad turns out to be super for the club, I'll be happy enough.

However, the same as DeLaet, James, Futacs etc. I want to see him play before I make any judgement.

OK, I thought it was a french expression :D

Make it happen! Get as many people saying it as possible. We English have borrowed enough French expressions - "a la carte", "raison d'être", "creme de la creme", "ping de la pong" - I'm gracefully giving back "Un twat de la pleb" in return

Hello guys !

I'm a supporter of En Avant de Guingamp, the previous club of Anthony Knockaërt.

I confirm that Anthony is left footed, and not right footed (he's got quite a bad right foot).

At Guingamp, he was mainly used as a forward, in 4-4-2 system, and not as a winger. I think he's better playing associated with another forward, a striker (Jermain Beckford or Nugent for instance), but he can also be used as a winger in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 system. Playing on the left side, he would use his pace, acceleration, and tricks to offer assists (even if for the moment he really likes to keep the ball ...); playing on the right side, he would prefer to come in the center of the field and shoot or try a one-two with another player.

What I could add is that used as a winger, you will be sure he will help the team in the defensive work. He really runs (in french we say "run like a mad dog", don't know if an equivalent exp<b></b>ression exists in english), and runs from the first second to ... to the second where he's "burnt" ^^.

I really think his football player style could fit to the English Fighting Spirit. You should not be disappointed. I just hope he will have the opportunities to show how talented he is.

Just for my information, what are the objectives of LCFC this season ? Reaching the top 6 in order to enter the play-offs ? Is the club (and the investor ^^) ambitious ?

Guess i'll eat my words then.

Hats off to Pearson if this works.

Kind of negates the whole point of this forum then really. Personally I'm pretty interested to hear what type of player we're about to sign from fans that have seen him play.

So am I.

However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be cautious about raising our expectations of such a young player who has never played in the English leagues.

This isn't meant to be negative, its meant to be cautious and to give the player a fair chance before judgements are made.

If he plays poorly for the first few games, when people are expecting him to be good stuff, the vultures will circle, as they have done before.

I watch Guingamp quite a lot for betting reasons (they are really good at home so they're an away team lay banker) and he's a decent player. He played on the right most of the times I saw him, and he's pretty quick, not as fast as Dyer, but not far off. Guingamp don't score that many (well, no Ligue 2 team does apart from Sedan when they are in the mood) so he doesn't have great assist/goals stats compared to a UK based player. Pretty excited about this, Ligue 2 is one of my favourite leagues, and nice to see us picking players up from there.

So am I.

However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be cautious about raising our expectations of such a young player who has never played in the English leagues.

This isn't meant to be negative, its meant to be cautious and to give the player a fair chance before judgements are made.

If he plays poorly for the first few games, when people are expecting him to be good stuff, the vultures will circle, as they have done before.

We've bascially been saying that for the entire thread!

Archived