Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Anthony Knockaert

I can't ever remember Waghorn doing "a good job". To me he's always been an energetic, wholehearted one-footed footballer who will never place a shot into the net when he can blast it high over the bar.

I think Waghorn is crap, but he was very good for us in 09/10 when Fryatt got injured. He drove us on to a play-off place with some very vital goals. He's just got incredibly poor since, whether he was a flash in the pan or he'll one day re-discover his form is debatable. Personally i'd get rid and try to develop Schlupp.

Some of these French lads that have been relaying the message about Knockaert seem like top lads. I say they come over for a trip to Forest to get on the beers Leicester City style......GETONNNNTHEFACCKKINGBEERSSSSANNNNNNNN!

Thanks guy ;)

It's only 4 hours by train from Paris to Leicester ! If you pay me the train, I would enjoy to discover the "vibes" of an english stadium ! In french L2, most of the stadiums are half full, and now most of the games will take place the friday, at 18H45 ! Shame on us :blush:

Four in ten for France U20s as Finners said, not bad when France are constantly producing talented youngsters.

Scouted by the same man who spotted Cheik Tiote, Papiss Cisse amd Hatem Ben Arfa for Newcastle.

Skilful winger in a position where we are somewhat short.

Tidy bit of business, looking forward to watching him play.

We need a team full of winning mentality and players who want the ball.... but British. :rolleyes:

Seriously. If Thracian had heard of this kid before everyone else he'd have a hard on for him.

Quick, skillful, scores goals from out wide, youth international with strong nation, flair, strong work ethic, popular with fans, working face. Ticks every Tony box.

That is except Tony's never heard of him so he doesn't get to preach to everyone about how good he is and appear wise and knowledgeable.

Shame.

Thanks guy ;)

It's only 4 hours by train from Paris to Leicester ! If you pay me the train, I would enjoy to discover the "vibes" of an english stadium ! In french L2, most of the stadiums are half full, and now most of the games will take place the friday, at 18H45 ! Shame on us :blush:

top (our chairman) will pay. he's got beaucoup l'argent.

Thanks guy ;)

Don't expect too much in terms of atmosphere over this side of La Manche, though Forest away on the last day could be very lively.

Seriously. If Thracian had heard of this kid before everyone else he'd have a hard on for him.

Quick, skillful, scores goals from out wide, youth international with strong nation, flair, strong work ethic, popular with fans, working face. Ticks every Tony box.

That is except Tony's never heard of him so he doesn't get to preach to everyone about how good he is and appear wise and knowledgeable.

Shame.

lol So true.

Shame.

From the sounds of things if he was English he'd probably be going to a Premiership club for £6m, such is the hype that surrounds any young English player who can perform ten keepy-uppies without vomiting down his shirt.

This sounds a better signing the more I read about it, if people are worried we've signed another Kermorgant just because Knockaert happens to have played in the same division it's a very poor show.

lol

We've already got a German branch of LCFC followers thanks to VfL Bochum fans, our shirts are sold in Bangkok airport and now French fans wanting to come over to see Knockaert play.

NOUS SOMMES MASSIVE french-southern-and-antarctic-lands-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

I dunno, he could flop, there's risk in every young player and our fans are quick to stick the knife in. If he doesn't settle quickly then cynicism will soon set in. But he's an exciting prospect, far more so than our other signings so far, and has given me a bit more optimism for the season.

Not because he's foreign but because he ticks more boxes than James or Futacs.

I dunno, he could flop, there's risk in every young player and our fans are quick to stick the knife in. If he doesn't settle quickly then cynicism will soon set in. But he's an exciting prospect, far more so than our other signings so far, and has given me a bit more optimism for the season.

What have you got against James?

lol

We've already got a German branch of LCFC followers thanks to VfL Bochum fans, our shirts are sold in Bangkok airport and now French fans wanting to come over to see Knockaert play.

NOUS SOMMES MASSIVE french-southern-and-antarctic-lands-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

Do you reckon the Bulgarians still like us despite Tunchev going?

Absolutely my thinking also. I hope some of the mouth breathers can differentiate between him and Kermogant and he won't start off by being tarred with the same brush.

What have you got against James?

Nothing at all, I hope he's the real surprise package of the season. But he's not a signing to quite dazzle, hasn't had the same level of impact so far in his career and the Yanited fan (a rare proper one) I sit opposite at work has nicely lowered my expectations by turning his nose up a bit at the signing.

Again... I doubt anyone really knows much about him amongst our fans.

He could be a flop, or not.

The key is to give the lad a chance.

This is gonna be different for him, both in terms of standard and pace of the football he'll be playing and culturally.

Don't expect great things straightaway. And if it looks like he's struggling, give him time to establish himself.

This sounds a better signing the more I read about it, if people are worried we've signed another Kermorgant just because Knockaert happens to have played in the same division it's a very poor show.

I like Kermorgant too, but it's clearly not the same kind of player. Knockaërt is ten years younger than Kermorgant, and will improve again in the next few years. And I repeat, his style really fits with English Football.

In Guingamp, most of fans are disappointed that he signed to LCFC, because in France we just see it's a middle table Championship club, just as Guingamp in fact. We thought he should have signed into a L1 club, in order to stay in France U20 and maybe in France U21 (les Espoirs, as we say in France).

But it has to be known that Knockaërt has wanted to play in England for a very long time, as he already had tests with Leeds United (and scored against LCFC ^^), while he was 16.

http://www.tourcoing...698929_actu.Htm

Absolutely my thinking also. I hope some of the mouth breathers can differentiate between him and Kermogant and he won't start off by being tarred with the same brush.

He likes to run with the ball at his feet - the crowd will love him during moments and he won't be tarnished with kermo's brush.

He does however often try to take a bit too much on and loses the ball a fair bit - so on the downside, basically he's the new Darius Vassell.

Or Kaebi or Zsolt or any other shit player we signed from abroad.

The lad has a solid track record so far and a lot of promise. Zsolt and co were established players when they came over, this lad has bags of potential that they didn't.

Archived