Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Anthony Knockaert

or 0.75 million

Nice one! :chant:

What I was trying to explain, which seems to have gone straight over your head, is that a couple of times in this thread, €3/4m has been used. I believe that that french dude was implying that it was 3 quaters of a million not 3 stroke 4 million, which I believe is where the rumours of the price tag being so high is coming from!

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/knockaert/profil/spieler_149237.html

This suggests the positions he plays and recommends the likely trade value.

Strange it only suggests right footed when the YouTube video clearly shows him coming in from the right with his left, taking a shot with his left and scoring. Maybe he can play with both equally well...?

Hello guys !

I'm a supporter of En Avant de Guingamp, the previous club of Anthony Knockaërt.

I confirm that Anthony is left footed, and not right footed (he's got quite a bad right foot).

At Guingamp, he was mainly used as a forward, in 4-4-2 system, and not as a winger. I think he's better playing associated with another forward, a striker (Jermain Beckford or Nugent for instance), but he can also be used as a winger in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 system. Playing on the left side, he would use his pace, acceleration, and tricks to offer assists (even if for the moment he really likes to keep the ball ...); playing on the right side, he would prefer to come in the center of the field and shoot or try a one-two with another player.

What I could add is that used as a winger, you will be sure he will help the team in the defensive work. He really runs (in french we say "run like a mad dog", don't know if an equivalent expression exists in english), and runs from the first second to ... to the second where he's "burnt" ^^.

I really think his football player style could fit to the English Fighting Spirit. You should not be disappointed. I just hope he will have the opportunities to show how talented he is.

Just for my information, what are the objectives of LCFC this season ? Reaching the top 6 in order to enter the play-offs ? Is the club (and the investor ^^) ambitious ?

hello "Fan of Guingamp" - he sounds a very exciting prospect and we need a left sided wide player. Our objective is promotion and preferably automatically. Our investors are very ambitious and maybe slightly impatient. This is a season that I believe we will achieve our goal of promotion. Allez les bleus!

Hello guys !

I'm a supporter of En Avant de Guingamp, the previous club of Anthony Knockaërt.

I confirm that Anthony is left footed, and not right footed (he's got quite a bad right foot).

At Guingamp, he was mainly used as a forward, in 4-4-2 system, and not as a winger. I think he's better playing associated with another forward, a striker (Jermain Beckford or Nugent for instance), but he can also be used as a winger in a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 system. Playing on the left side, he would use his pace, acceleration, and tricks to offer assists (even if for the moment he really likes to keep the ball ...); playing on the right side, he would prefer to come in the center of the field and shoot or try a one-two with another player.

What I could add is that used as a winger, you will be sure he will help the team in the defensive work. He really runs (in french we say "run like a mad dog", don't know if an equivalent exp<b></b>ression exists in english), and runs from the first second to ... to the second where he's "burnt" ^^.

I really think his football player style could fit to the English Fighting Spirit. You should not be disappointed. I just hope he will have the opportunities to show how talented he is.

Just for my information, what are the objectives of LCFC this season ? Reaching the top 6 in order to enter the play-offs ? Is the club (and the investor ^^) ambitious ?

Hi, as a giugamp fan how popular was he? and was he your best player?.

what player would you liken him two? sorry for so many questions.

Strange it only suggests right footed when the YouTube video clearly shows him coming in from the right with his left, taking a shot with his left and scoring. Maybe he can play with both equally well...?

Exactly why I said earlier in the thread he was a lefty. All these other sites suggesting he's right footed? Certainly didn't appear that way.....

Anyone else feeling a bit sad... not about Anthony. But about the fact their fans speak better English that half the people in this country, and that I can barely mutter more than "Hello, can I have a beer please" in another language.

He was very popular in Guingamp (not anymore, because he didn't want to sign a new contract with the club who revealed him), as he's got a spectacular style. Sometimes you want to say him "give the ball !!!", but he can do pretty things wth this ball.

I would not say he was our best player, but one the best sure. Him and Giannelli Imbula (a box-to-box midfielder, you should hear about him in the next years) are the best two potentials of the club.

I was trying to compare Knockaërt to another player before your question, and i didn't find :D May be to Alan Smith because of his "mad dog" style.

I add links where you can see :

- his ranking in top goalscorer of L2 last season (9th) : http://www.lfp.fr/li...at=G&poste=Tous

- his ranking in the France Football magazine notation (10th) : http://www.francefoo...-2/Etoiles.html

He scored 11 goals, and added 4 assists (whitout kicking penalties, free-kicks, or corner kicks).

Anyone else feeling a bit sad... not about Anthony. But about the fact their fans speak better English that half the people in this country, and that I can barely mutter more than "Hello, can I have a beer please" in another language.

lol so true

lol That puts you way ahead of me in the bilingual department.

He was very popular in Guingamp (not anymore, because he didn't want to sign a new contract with the club who revealed him), as he's got a spectacular style. Sometimes you want to say him "give the ball !!!", but he can do pretty things wth this ball.

He would no say he was our best player, but one the best sure. Him and Giannelli Imbula (a box-to-box midfielder, you should hear about him in the next year) are the two best potentials of the club.

I was trying to compare Knockaërt to another player before your question, and i didn't find :D May be to Alan Smith because of his "mad dog" style.

- his ranking in top goalscorer of L2 last season (9th) : http://www.lfp.fr/ligue2/classementButeurs#sai=80&journee1=1&journee2=38&cat=G&poste=Tous

- his ranking in the France Football magazine notation (10th) : http://www.francefootball.fr/ligue-2/Etoiles.html

He scored 11 goals, and added 4 assists (whitout kicking penalties, free-kicks, or corner kicks).

thanks for your speedy reply! so we have a very decent player on our hands that will rip the championship up? lol

lol so true

I'm not against the idea of having a beer :D Quite hot in France these days ;)

That's true but also, if we had signed a promising young player from another English club, their fans would be on here ripping him and us to shreds rather than providing honest, impartial advice.

Who's for looking out for Guingamp's results next year?

Does anyone here has an idea of the transfer fee ? In France we have no information about that, but reasonably I would think it is between 1M€ and 2M€. EIther 2M€ cash, or 1M€ + bonus (for example if LCFC access the PL, or a percentage of the next transfer fee).

Does anyone here has an idea of the transfer fee ? In France we have no information about that, but reasonably I would think it is between 1M€ and 2M€. EIther 2M€ cash, or 1M€ + bonus (for example if LCFC access the PL, or a percentage of the next transfer fee).

The deal isn't finalised yet. The club (Leicester) have said it will be done within the next 24 hours and he's signing a 3 year contract but haven't released any other details.

Our current manager likes to keep things secret so the actual price might be undisclosed. Someone always leaks it out though. In January Newcastle were thinking of paying €3-4 million but as it's the last year of his contract, it will probably be less than that.

I would not say he was our best player, but one the best sure. Him and Giannelli Imbula (a box-to-box midfielder, you should hear about him in the next years) are the best two potentials of the club.

- his ranking in top goalscorer of L2 last season (9th) : http://www.lfp.fr/li...at=G&poste=Tous

- his ranking in the France Football magazine notation (10th) : http://www.francefoo...-2/Etoiles.html

What is interesting is how realistic France Football are with their scores out of 10. Knockaert was the 10th best player in the league with an average rating of 5.77 (the best player in the league had an average rating of 6.29), I'd like to suggest that some on here who deem 7 average to think again.

Archived