Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Anthony Knockaert

I like Kermorgant too, but it's clearly note the same kind of player. Knockaërt is ten years younger than Kermorgant, and will improve again in the next few years. And I repeat, his style really fits with English Football.

In Guingamp, most of fans are disappointed that he signed to LCFC, because in France we just see it's a middle table Championship club, just as Guingamp in fact. We thought he should have signed into a L1 club, in order to stay in France U20 and maybe in France U21 (les Espoirs, as we say in France).

But it has to be known that Knockaërt wants to play in England from a very long time, as he already had tests with Leeds United (and scored against LCFC ^^), while he was 16.

http://www.tourcoing...698929_actu.Htm

No, definitely a different player and will offer us something we need.

Kermorgant never really took to it here, had an awful scoring rate and then missed THAT penalty at Cardiff. He has done well in the English third tier with Charlton, but most Leicester fans would be unconvinced by his Championship credentials.

While we are a mid-table Championship side, hopefully that will change next season and we can force our way up into the Premiership where Knockaert can really stake a claim for France U21 and possibly even the senior team.

He likes to run with the ball at his feet - the crowd will love him during moments and he won't be tarnished with kermo's brush.

He does however often try to take a bit too much on and loses the ball a fair bit - so on the downside, basically he's the new Darius Vassell.

He has a foreign sounding name, that'll be enough of an association for some people lol

Ermmmm... I don't know... Perhaps..maybe...just throw something out there... How about we watch him play a fair amount of games for us....then decide whether he deserves superlatives or some of the comparisons and negative similes that have been offered to describe other foreign players we have had.

I understand forums are for discussion but Jesus Christ! Some of you would have an argument/ debate in an empty house.

Ermmmm... I don't know... Perhaps..maybe...just throw something out there... How about we watch him play a fair amount of games for us....then decide whether he deserves superlatives or some of the comparisons and negative similes that have been offered to describe other foreign players we have had.

I understand forums are for discussion but Jesus Christ! Some of you would have an argument/ debate in an empty house.

lol

Ain't that the truth!

'Forum members talk with 'authority' on a player they've never seen' shocker!

What is it people don't understand? Kermorgant and Knockaert are both french so they must be similar players, in exactly the same way that, because they were both English, Walsh and Izzett were similar players, and so were Lennon and Junior Lewis ( who were both UK nationals ).

What is it people don't understand? Kermorgant and Knockaert are both french so they must be similar players, in exactly the same way that, because they were both English, Walsh and Izzett were similar players, and so were Lennon and Junior Lewis ( who were both UK nationals ).

well, their surnames do start and finish with the same letters...

Is that when we compare him to a sad face ???? :D

lol

Nobody likes a smart arse, lol

It will be interesting to see who starts and who's on the bench and who else leaves. Also what shape we take as it looks less and less like 4 4 2

Who is actually talking with authority?

Bilo: No, definitely a different player and will offer us something we need. Knockaert can really stake a claim for France U21 and possibly even the senior team.

Nick: He does however often try to take a bit too much on and loses the ball a fair bit - so on the downside, basically he's the new Darius Vassell

Yourself: Quick, skillful, scores goals from out wide, youth international with strong nation, flair, strong work ethic, popular with fans, working face.

Theres three for a kick-off..

:thumbup:

In Guingamp, most of fans are disappointed that he signed to LCFC, because in France we just see it's a middle table Championship club, just as Guingamp in fact. We thought he should have signed into a L1 club, in order to stay in France U20 and maybe in France U21 (les Espoirs, as we say in France).

We are an L1 club! Just taking a little break from the Premier League at the moment

Bilo: No, definitely a different player and will offer us something we need. Knockaert can really stake a claim for France U21 and possibly even the senior team.

Nick: He does however often try to take a bit too much on and loses the ball a fair bit - so on the downside, basically he's the new Darius Vassell

Yourself: Quick, skillful, scores goals from out wide, youth international with strong nation, flair, strong work ethic, popular with fans, working face.

Theres three for a kick-off..

:thumbup:

All of which quoted from French fans. All of us having said he's a relative unknown, could be a flop and that we can't know how he'll settle in a different country and different league.

Context, boy. Use your brain before engaging your fingers to type.

All of which quoted from French fans. All of us having said he's a relative unknown, could be a flop and that we can't know how he'll settle in a different country and different league.

Context, boy. Use your brain before engaging your fingers to type.

Context of the post to which I replied...

Watch the player yourself for at least a few matches, see if he adapts to the pace of the game, the players playing around him, the cultural differences, the fans reactions to him, the formation of the team etc etc etc.

Then decide on the player. ie. whatever is said of the player now, wait and see if he fits in to the Championship. That way, the expectations of yet another young player joining the club can be realistic and ensure that he's not put under too much pressure. I see your expectations of Matty James are apparently lowered cos of what someone told you...

How about watching him yourself?

Boy....!

:P

Context of the post to which I replied...

Watch the player yourself for at least a few matches, see if he adapts to the pace of the game, the players playing around him, the cultural differences, the fans reactions to him, the formation of the team etc etc etc.

Then decide on the player. ie. whatever is said of the player now, wait and see if he fits in to the Championship. That way, the expectations of yet another young player joining the club can be realistic and ensure that he's not put under too much pressure. I see your expectations of Matty James are apparently lowered cos of what someone told you...

How about watching him yourself?

Boy....!

:P

I don't think anyones made any sweeping predictions for his future in the Championship, they've just relayed the type of player his is from what the French fans have been saying.

Archived