Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wesfox

Don't like the new website? Sign the petition and hopefully we can get it changed.

It is a template website, Charlton have the same and I suspect a number of other clubs, I don't think there is much that can be done as Leicester City will have a contract with whoever provides it, and it will be cheaper than a bespoke website, it is awful though and doesn't work well with mobile devices, you can add (foxes) player as well, that is a bag of shite and probably run by the same company.

What sort of right do you have to petition the club to change their website?!?!

I spend a lot of money in life on things such as British Gas or a particluar brand of drink/food that I may like, but if I went on their website and didn't like the layout I don't have the ****ing right to petition them to change it!!

Just because people support their club and buy a season ticket they seem to think they own the thing!

How about just sending them your thoughts/comments instead

Surely it's just as much raising the question to the club and seeing how many fans think it's rubbish (which it is)

We might not be able to do anything with the layout, but something should be done to address how poorly updated the site is and how much information is missing, there's so many dead links and bio's left unwritten

Jesus wept. A petition to change a website? For a start, it's not THAT bad, in fact, on a desktop it actually looks half decent. Second it's a only website, why get so upset about it? Having said that, I could probably do a better job with wordpress and £500.

I don't see why people are getting their noses out of joint over a petition though, it is easier to register your discontent this way than by each individually sending feedback to the club, of course it is not as important as stopping wars or freeing prisoners of freedom, but if the club don't know that the majority of fans hate the new official website, they won't do anything about it, that feedback will get back to the web designers and hopefully they will get taken and shot for designing such a piece of crap that is not compatible with the most popular browsers and any mobile devices, regardless of the fact it looks dated and more suited to knitting club than a football website, and that the club don't update it often enough.

It may take a while to be changed, but if you are that passionate about it find all the other clubs that have this god awful template, find out who is responsible for making it and get all their feedback together and send that to them.

I don't see why people are getting their noses out of joint over a petition though, it is easier to register your discontent this way than by each individually sending feedback to the club, of course it is not as important as stopping wars or freeing prisoners of freedom, but if the club don't know that the majority of fans hate the new official website, they won't do anything about it, that feedback will get back to the web designers and hopefully they will get taken and shot for designing such a piece of crap that is not compatible with the most popular browsers and any mobile devices, regardless of the fact it looks dated and more suited to knitting club than a football website, and that the club don't update it often enough.

It may take a while to be changed, but if you are that passionate about it find all the other clubs that have this god awful template, find out who is responsible for making it and get all their feedback together and send that to them.

A petition brings nothing to the table other than the fact that some people don't like it, there's a surprise it would be the same whatever the design like the shirts.

It would be more productive and I'm sure appreciated by the club to encourage people to contact the club and tell them exactly what they don't like and what's not working. Maybe ask people to list what's wrong and send that list to the club.

A petition brings nothing to the table other than the fact that some people don't like it, there's a surprise it would be the same whatever the design like the shirts.

It would be more productive and I'm sure appreciated by the club to encourage people to contact the club and tell them exactly what they don't like and what's not working. Maybe ask people to list what's wrong and send that list to the club.

Possibly true, but that takes more time and effort, I've not read the petition, but I would have hoped it would contain some of the grievances and not just say sign here if you don't like it.

Yes it would be more useful for the club to know that it is so slow to update the site, and the bios aren't complete etc, but my main problem with the new site is the fact it is almost impossible to navigate on my phone and tablet.

Possibly true, but that takes more time and effort, I've not read the petition, but I would have hoped it would contain some of the grievances and not just say sign here if you don't like it.

Yes it would be more useful for the club to know that it is so slow to update the site, and the bios aren't complete etc, but my main problem with the new site is the fact it is almost impossible to navigate on my phone and tablet.

Well if they were inundated with complaints about that I'm sure they'd be more likely to address it, always assuming enough people can be bothered to complain and it seems to me it's no more difficult to complain direct than it is to complain about it on here.

Petition Statement

This petition is to try and have the current Leicester City Official website changed.

A club of Leicester’s stature should be better represented on the internet. The current website is very poorly designed and does not reflect the ethos of the Foxes.

I guess it depends on whether people just sign it or say what is wrong with it.

Anyway I've not got the time to debate this any longer I've got an email complaint to write :P

It is a platform... From my point of view/a web developers point of view, it's not easy to negotiate at times, I do think it's a platform because it is changed at the end of every season and every club has the same template.

If your just seeing a white screen, it's because your adblocker is blocking the splash message you get when you first go to the site.

They really should have thought about stuff like this to be honest, it does look like its just a template that a lot of the clubs have been given, but whoever supplied that template is having a laugh, and whoever paid them has had their pants pulled down.

Merc

A petition calling for the “slow” and “unusable” Leicester City Football Club (LCFC) website to be changed will be presented to the club today.

The petition, started by season ticket-holder Richard Tullis, has attracted 274 signatures, some from as far afield as Australia, Canada, Sweden, America and Afghanistan. In addition, 168 comments were added to the petition.

• ​4075867.jpg
    The petition, which has attracted 274 signatures, will be presented to LCFC today

Fans complain the website, which is ultimately controlled by the Football League, is “slow”, “unusable on a mobile” and “very amateur”, and say it regularly freezes.

Steve Branson, from Secret Harbour, Australia, commented: “Poor layout slow and not itouch friendly - could do better - should do better”.

Meanwhile Stuart Males from St Ives wrote: “As I live outside of Leicester I rely on the site for info. It now looks empty and disorganised. An update was due, but this is a step backwards.”

Richard Beet, from Leicester, said: “Very slow and awfully developed. If not resolved soon, the club will risk losing an enormous amount of traffic from visiting LCFC users.

“In my view - due to the information age we find ourselves encapsulated in, the club website should be at the forefront the owners' strategy. Very very bad business on their part.”

The petition reads: "This petition is to try and have the current Leicester City Official website changed.

"A club of Leicester’s stature should be better represented on the internet. The current website is very poorly designed and does not reflect the ethos of the Foxes."

Mr Tullis is to meet with the LCFC Sport Liaison Officer Jim Donnelly today to hand over the petition, comments and a copy of an article about the complaints published last week by This is Leicestershire. To read the original article, click here.

Mr Tullis will also hand over a copy of the 42 comments made on the This is Leicestershire article.

In total, he will give Mr Donnelly a 60-page bundle of documents when he meets him at midday today in the club’s Fan Zone.

Mr Tullis said he was happy the club had agreed to receive the petition. “It was quite easy to arrange the meeting,” he said.

“It was done mainly through email. I forwarded my contact details to him and he called me.

“I just hope that because it’s something people have signed that we get at least some feedback and hopefully some sort of change.

“I don’t want it to be just handed over and chucked on a desk.”

Asked whether the club had indicated whether the website would be altered, Mr Tullis said: “There’s been no firm answer but he said their media manager has been asking for things to be changed.”

Mr Tullis said the problems seemed to have arisen in part because the Football League launched a number of new club sites on the same day.

“I hear other sites are experiencing problems but we might be the only one doing something,” said Mr Tullis.

“I’m happy today. It will interesting to hand it over.”

LCFC Sport Liaison Officer Jim Donnelly said once he receives the petition it will be handed to the chief executive’s office next week.

Asked what prompted him to meet with Mr Tullis, Mr Donnelly said: “I am the Sport Liaison Officer and I will meet any supporter at any time with any query”.

Archived